View Poll Results: Who would you like the Dark Avengers to fight NEXT?

Voters
16. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Baron Gothenvald [REMATCH]

0 0%
  • Count Nefaria

1 6.25%
  • the Crimson Cowl [Justine Hammer]

2 12.50%
  • the Crimson Cowl [NEW IDENTITY]

0 0%
  • Crossbones and the D.O.A.

1 6.25%
  • Graviton

2 12.50%
  • "King" Hyperion

4 25.00%
  • the NEW Masters of Evil

0 0%
  • Morgan le Fay [REMATCH]

0 0%
  • Molecule Man [REMATCH]

1 6.25%
  • the Purple Man

1 6.25%
  • Superia and H.A.M.M.A.R.

0 0%
  • the Void

0 0%
  • Someone new... (established villain, who the DA and T-bolts have no history with)

4 25.00%
  • Someone new... (brand NEW character)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Question After the Dark Avengers fight [SPOILER], who would you like to see them face?

So, the first main villain the new Dark Avengers fight is spoilers:
    Sultan Magnus from Red Hulk's "Hulk of Arabia" [SEE BELOW]
    end of spoilers. So after they face him, who would you like to see the Dark Avengers take on? Old foes, old Thunderbolt foes? Brand new villains? The Dark Avengers team is pretty powerful, so you'd need some powerful foes for them to fight. Who would you pick?

DARK AVENGERS #177
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

It would be nice to see Parker tie up the loose plot point of King Hyperion - I can certainly see him showing up for a rematch.

The majority of the characters you listed are either dead (Graviton, the Void, Molecule Man) or being dealt with in other titles (Crossbones and DOA, Superia and HAMMER, Justine Hammer, Masters of Evil). I personally prefer Morgan le Faye and Count Nefaria as Avengers villains than as Thunderbolts villains.

I'd like to see mostly a mix of new villains and established villains who haven't had any prior interraction with the Thunderbolts. I like how Parker has used one-off, nameless monsters for the Thunderbolts to fight so that the title revolves around character rather than plot.
    Last edited by Telos; 04-14-2012 at 03:57 AM.

The Black Hearted Hero of Shadows's Avatar

Ok so Sultan Magnus, cool costume by the way, who is he face melding with, Dr Doom or Krystoff?

Cancellation.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Avengers Academy!

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    It would be nice to see Parker tie up the loose plot point of King Hyperion - I can certainly see him showing up for a rematch.
    Agreed. Plus, "King" Hyperion would be a powerful enough foe for the team. Would "King" Hyperion still be disfigured from the touch of the Man-Thing (*snicker*)

The majority of the characters you listed are either dead (Graviton, the Void, Molecule Man) or being dealt with in other titles (Crossbones and DOA, Superia and HAMMER, Justine Hammer, Masters of Evil). I personally prefer Morgan le Faye and Count Nefaria as Avengers villains than as Thunderbolts villains.
    Oh, resurrecting Graviton is easy (he dies all the time), as is the Molecule Man. Who is Superia fighting, now the Dark Avengers arc is over???

I'd like to see mostly a mix of new villains and established villains who haven't had any prior interraction with the Thunderbolts. I like how Parker has used one-off, nameless monsters for the Thunderbolts to fight so that the title revolves around character rather than plot.
    Agreed. We still never found out who created the zombies in Iraq, or where Baron Gothenvald went.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Shadows View Post
    Ok so Sultan Magnus, cool costume by the way, who is he face melding with, Dr Doom or Krystoff?
    I "assume" regular Doctor Doom, since that section is in the time-travel arc; maybe when he first came to power?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I quite liked the story with Baron Gothenvald, so it would be cool to see him revisited.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

can't wait to see sultan magnus taking on some avengers
    a new interesting villain trying to establish himself in the MU
    good job Marvel
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

BANNED

King Hyperion is dead. The T-bolts killed him. Man-Thing's touch burned him away to nothing. There's nothing loose about it. The team stomped him out and Man Thing killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    King Hyperion is dead. The T-bolts killed him. Man-Thing's touch burned him away to nothing. There's nothing loose about it. The team stomped him out and Man Thing killed him.
    Man-Thing killed him? I thought Man-Thing just burned his face off and they left him for dead. I figured he'd be mighty pissed off and wanting revenge sooner or later.

Here's the panel, it's pretty ambiguous. If he never shows up again, I'll just go with your explanation. In the meantime, I hope his story isn't over.

Last edited by Telos; 04-14-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    can't wait to see sultan magnus taking on some avengers
    a new interesting villain trying to establish himself in the MU
    good job Marvel
    Parker is one of the few Marvel creators who seems to be doing this right these days.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 04-14-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Crossbones, Daimon Hellstrom, and Sin's new army need a battle. Besides, isn't Satana with the Thunderbolts? That'll be a nice brother/sister reunion

how about the Thunderbolts?

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Crossbones, Daimon Hellstrom, and Sin's new army need a battle. Besides, isn't Satana with the Thunderbolts? That'll be a nice brother/sister reunion
    I'd also hope it would continue the story about why Hellstrom switched teams, he just wrapped up a hero stint in Journey into Mystery.
    BAD TOUCHSCREEN TYPER

When does Dark Avengers start?

I dropped Thunderbolts until then. Can't take this time traveling crap anymore

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    wait is hell storm a good guy or a bad guy