Elder Member

Default The Avengers Aliens Revealed!

http://www.movieline.com/2012/04/13/...engers-junket/

Whedon set the record straight, since the film doesn't explicitly explain just who is helping Loki in his attempt at world domination. "The alien race are the Chitauri -- or a version of them -- because they are not one of the key races and they don’t have a storied history. That wasn’t the point. I know this debate will go on long after I’m dead. I would say it was the Kree-Skrull race."
    What I got what that these are just generic non-specific aliens. Still it is interesting that he chose Chitauri.
    Last edited by wyokid; 04-14-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Damn straight. These are the Ultimates after all. They're only officially called the Avengers because most people wouldn't even know the reference.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Is there a picture still of the movie Chitauri? The ones from the comic book were very obscure in their true reptilian form.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avengerstvspotlokiarmy.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	91720

I can see it... Kind of... Maybe?
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avengerstvspotlokiarmy.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	91720

I can see it... Kind of... Maybe?
    Yeah they're not especially close looking, but the fact they're even called Chitauri at all is cool in my book. It's a nice blending of the classic and Ultimate origins, Loki is the reason the team comes together (classic) and the Chitauri is the bigger threat they need to face (ultimate).

Really, they just chose "Chitauri" because it has a tie to the comics, but they didn't want something with a big backstory. If they had used Kree or Skrull and not had it be "right" with their histories, there would have been a lot more fan backlash. There's only been one story about Chitauri, but there have been tons with the others.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Damn straight. These are the Ultimates after all. They're only officially called the Avengers because most people wouldn't even know the reference.
    Neither would they know about the Avengers before the actual movie.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Neither would they know about the Avengers before the actual movie.
    Yeah, but there's a bigger chance people have heard about the Avengers. That title has been around since the 60's afterall. Not the Ultimates. Plus, surprisingly there are still people who read mainstream Marvel and still somehow have never heard of Ultimate Marvel.

Why didn't Whedon just say that this summer in the Avengers movie, "The Chit hits the fan!"

So if the movie is based off the Ultimates version of Avengers and not 616, it clearly is impossible that some other plot twist in the Ultimates will reflect the movie ...

Elder Member

It's based off of the Avengers franchise as a whole. Using Chitauri is just like him calling them Flobings. It's meaningless and unimportant, it's just Loki's army. I don't even think they are named in the film. As Whedon said somewhere else if he had used Skrulls or Kree the film wouldn't do them justice.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Nope :P

How much of the Ultimate Universe was an influence on the movie's story?

Kevin Feige: The Ultimates was an amazing reinvention of The Avengers. Mark Millar and Joe Quesada sat down more than ten years ago and said, ‘If we had to reinvent The Avengers universe today what would we do? How would we change it?’ so they were asking and answering the same questions we always do when we have to start to make a movie. And they changed Nick Fury from an old World War II man to Samuel L. Jackson basically. We really liked that version. I must say also some interactions between Black Widow and Hawkeye was directly inspired by The Ultimate, & maybe some other characters, but the spirit and the heart of it is in the very original portrayal.
    http://www.comicus.it/blog/movie-com...WU1sYY.twitter

Site is in Italian BTW

Weren't the Chituari in the Ultimates just a renamed version of the Skrulls?
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    Weren't the Chituari in the Ultimates just a renamed version of the Skrulls?
    They were a loose Ultimate interpretation of the Skrulls, maybe. But they don't have all that history the Skrulls do, so they're more fitting for the movie, as stated above.

I've seen the movie, they're very un-chitaurian =P basically just cannon fodder, there's not really anything specific to link them to their comic counterparts. Also if you've seen and gotten used to the pronounciation of Chitauri from the animated "Ultimate Avengers" movies (shi-tour-ee) you might be in for a surprise, as they are pronounced shi-tow-ree in the film