Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

In related news Dynamite has put out the first issue of a "The Shadow" series. Looks good.

This is a (hopefully) spoiler-free or spoiler-light question for someone whoalso reads Ultimate Marvel (which I don't)

I thought accortding to Moon Knight #10 that detective Paul Hall's superior was named Captain Williams, but in the series finale we have a Captain Quaid. I googled the name, and only came across it in reference to Ultimate Marvel. So is this a case of the wrong name being used, or are there other Captain Quaid appearances in the Marvel U?

More to the theme of this thread, the series finale etsablishes what comes next.

I'm hoping they give the character a rest for like two years. Have him appear in other people's comics but don't give him an ongoing until they can get a good pitch with a quality $2.99 creative team.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Moon Knight #12 has your answer on what will be going on with Moonie in the future:

spoilers:
    Looks like he's going to have a notable role in the upcoming Age of Ultron event.
    end of spoilers

For me the plan with Bendis was simple: Put him in Moon Knight to boost sales, then probably after #12, Bends would leave and someone else would follow. For me, what Moon Knight needs is to maybe let him rest for a year or two. Moon Knight always does this, he is the talk of the month for a while and then hits bottom. When a writer with a plan and a good story appears then publish a book again. It the standart way to have a hit, and it will happen like it happened with Huston, where everyone started reading Moon Knight, and he was a nobody writer (in comics), and Moon Knight was gone for quite some time from publication.
    And for me, the supernatural elements are needed. Not too much all the time though, but they have to be there it's what makes him special. And for me the whole "Is Khonshu real or not" was great play. Though putting him in his somewhere besides New York maybe could be very cool.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    And for me, the supernatural elements are needed. Not too much all the time though, but they have to be there it's what makes him special.
    Those supernatural elements aren't nearly as prolific as people seem to think. They were a late introduction to the character & pretty much exist in everyone else in the series, except Moon Knight himself, even with Konshu.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    And for me the whole "Is Khonshu real or not" was great play. Though putting him in his somewhere besides New York maybe could be very cool.
    The Konshu thing is played out i think. It was enjoyable for a while, but it reached the point where it just got silly. There was no real conclusion to it, even after 3 volumes of is he, isn't he: Though that last season kind of put a pin in the idea of Konshu being anything more then a dellusional state of mind. What with the three personalities in Marks head, plus the countless other identities he himself has used of the years. But even hypothesising that Konshu is real, Moon Knight in the last few volumes has shown that he doesn't really need Konshu for anything & probably never did.

Now all Konshu does is just show up to taunt Marc... Probably would be better to dismis the Konshu idea, if we are going to respect the recent material. Or at worst Konshu does exist, but the visions aren't caused by Konshu & are instead caused by whatever resurrected "Moon Knight" during the Resurrection War... Mephisto maybe. At least that way Konshu could make a resurgence as a god of good, rather then a god of wontan murder like he seems to have been since his relaunch.

Lemme guess. Bendis is spearheading Ultron War, isn't he?
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Weighing in on the whole Moon Knight/supernatural discussion, I don't really feel a need to definitively see the Khonshu question answered. Its ok with me to play it as being a matter of faith or belief whether Khonshu is guiding Moon Knight's actions or not.

A healthy mix of street action and supernatural tales would be ideal. Let Thor deal with Khonshu and the Egyptian pantheon, let Moon Knight deal with their avatars. Thats something I wouldn't mind seeing more of. I liked seeing an avatar of Anubis back in the Fist of Khonshu series. Maybe as a concept more than the actual execution. It would be a good way to help grow Moon Knight's rogues gallery - though again, mixed with additional street level threats.

Characters are heavily influenced by their earliest stories - explaining why Moon Knight has run into Werewolf By Night so many times. Debuting in that series plus the Khonshu element when his first ongoing came out helped cement that affiliation within the minds of many.

Versatility is a good charcateristic in a character, opening him and her to more potential storylines. I will give whoever takes Moon Knight under their wing next time out a chance and hope they continue to develop Marc Spector because thats what will cement his place in Marvel's lineup, whether his opponents be supernatural, street, mercenary or supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I just asked because MK supposedly has a big role in UW which means I still can't get a new MK fix 'cause Bendis still has his claws in.
    Chances are Marvel just wants to make sure Moon Knight stays in the public eye for now, in which case he is likely to be one of many characters drawn into the larger fight scenes, with limited dialogue and character development plot. I can't imagine Moon Knight having the same kind of featured role such as Iron Fist seems to be getting in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Except the supernatural stuff has never worked. They've tried it half a dozen times & every time they did, it bombed.
    It's not the character. None of the solo characters really sell outside the classic long running 60s characters and Wolverine.

Ignoring the history of the character and making Moon Knight more of a generic version of something else won't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviax View Post
    Weighing in on the whole Moon Knight/supernatural discussion, I don't really feel a need to definitively see the Khonshu question answered. Its ok with me to play it as being a matter of faith or belief whether Khonshu is guiding Moon Knight's actions or not.
    Its actually vitally important that the question gets answered. Its essentially "chekovs gun" in action: If there is a gun shown in the fist scene, it must be fired by the last scene. Likewise if a narrative plot point is asked in the form of "begging the question" in the first scene, then by the last scene it needs to be answered (even indirectly). If one does not answer the question by the stories end, even a little, then it really invalidates the entirety of the plot point & considering how heavy handedly it was used, its doubly important.

A healthy mix of street action and supernatural tales would be ideal. Let Thor deal with Khonshu and the Egyptian pantheon, let Moon Knight deal with their avatars. Thats something I wouldn't mind seeing more of. I liked seeing an avatar of Anubis back in the Fist of Khonshu series. Maybe as a concept more than the actual execution. It would be a good way to help grow Moon Knight's rogues gallery - though again, mixed with additional street level threats.
    Something that can't happen until the is he real/isn't he real aspect of Konshu is resolved.

Characters are heavily influenced by their earliest stories - explaining why Moon Knight has run into Werewolf By Night so many times. Debuting in that series plus the Khonshu element when his first ongoing came out helped cement that affiliation within the minds of many.
    Except that isn't in the earliest of stories. Moonknight premiered in Werewolf by Night, not the other way round: In fact the first appearance of WBN in moonknight was in volume 1, issue 29 (of 38) & appeared in only 2 issues in the entire first volume. Likewise the magic of Konshu aspects don't really exist in those early issues either: Your memory is playing tricks on you. All the magic aspects were done by others, Moon Knight predominately avoids them. As for the magic of the origin, its really questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by earl View Post
    It's not the character. None of the solo characters really sell outside the classic long running 60s characters and Wolverine.

Ignoring the history of the character and making Moon Knight more of a generic version of something else won't work either.
    My plan would make him less generic, not more generic, because it would finally pick a narrative direction & shove the character whole heartedly in that direction... Rather then this all things to all men way of characterising him, we've had for the past few decades. They need to decide what to do with him, decide where he is going & who he's going to do it with & just freaking well do it... Stop half arsing it, like we are now.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

I can't believe how Bendis left things at the end of Moon Knight #12. I was really hoping he'd clean up this copycat personality mess, but no, instead he has it change into Iron Man, Echo and Wolverine. Fuming right now... leaving a mess for another writer to fix. Typical.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I can't believe how Bendis left things at the end of Moon Knight #12. I was really hoping he'd clean up this copycat personality mess, but no, instead he has it change into Iron Man, Echo and Wolverine. Fuming right now... leaving a mess for another writer to fix. Typical.
    Honestly that's the kind of thing that could be wrapped up in one panel. Just say he got better. Then let him go to town on some bad guys.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

12 issues & he achieved nothing. He spent all this time & he did nothing, achieved nothing & got somebody killed in the process. I think we can conclude that that was a giant stinking failure, as far as an interesting narrative goes. Even the Ultron hook was defunct in the end.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Honestly that's the kind of thing that could be wrapped up in one panel. Just say he got better. Then let him go to town on some bad guys.
    With the way it was left, it seems like this is the direction Marvel's taking with the character :( which is odd because this direction proved to be a failure!!!

My worst fear of Bendis creating a new status-quo for MK is coming truuuueee
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!