Hybrid View

Default Plans for Moon Knight?

Does anybody know if there are any plans for Moon Knight after Bendis' run? I mean, is MK going to be in any Avengers titles or anything else? I am a DC guy but MK is my fave Marvel character, so I keep up with my MK comics.

Quote Originally Posted by fmarvel View Post
    Does anybody know if there are any plans for Moon Knight after Bendis' run? I mean, is MK going to be in any Avengers titles or anything else? I am a DC guy but MK is my fave Marvel character, so I keep up with my MK comics.
    he's appearing in a couple issues of xmen legacy during avx and will probably be a reserve and tech guy in secret avengers

Maybe he'll be the Avengers sacrificial death for AvX?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    Maybe he'll be the Avengers sacrificial death for AvX?
    Maybe. And he can join the Sentry and they can swap crazy stories. Maybe they'll come back one day in a Superman/Batman type of series.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    Maybe. And he can join the Sentry and they can swap crazy stories. Maybe they'll come back one day in a Superman/Batman type of series.
    LMAO two Schizos on a team up title
    my goodness the carnage the two will cause
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    LMAO two Schizos on a team up title
    my goodness the carnage the two will cause
    I don't even like the Sentry (although I think he could possibly work as a cosmic character), but for some reason I've a complete obsession over those two teaming up and reading the absolutely nutty things that would result. Potential. Potential. Potential.

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

What MArvel needs to do to make Moon Knight a commercial success is something Marvel doesn't have the balls to do: Admit that MK is essentially Batman. I love MK because he used to be Marvels answer to Batman... I hated the actual Moonknight, because he was inconsistent, had no stated goal, had no expandable playground, had a dull supporting cast, a worse rogues gallery & generally had been written intot the ground by people making him insane.

heck, give me a quality creative team & i promise i can make Moonknight one of Marvels top 10 by years end... Its not hard.

All it would take would be a few small things to be successful: For starters a new city, one that is completely ficitonal, so MK stops banging heads with literally every other damn character in the Marvel universe... Plus how many masked avenger of the night types can you name that
    A. Dont have there own city
    B. Have a city thats not completely fictional

Next you want to stop him from being crazy... No one wants to read about a guy who is fruit loops insane. An its easy enough to make him not insane... It turns out that the explosion form MK's origin lodged the smallest pieace of ceramic into his brain & its slowly been moving into the brain making him more and more crazy. Heck that could be how he ends up in a new city... Emergency surgery at the number one brain surgery hospital in the US. Because this Konshu stuff has got to go. At one point it was tolerable, but essentially everything thats been done with it, has painted it essentially as a shared dellusion.

Next, you need to actually streamline the character. Who is he, what are his abilities, what his M.O. Not just MK & his civilian identity, of which he requires "ONE," not 20. Same goes for his supporting cast... Ditch them. Frenchie deserves no more then the worst possible death in comics. He was a grab bag of french cliches & then became a grab bag of gay cliches. Same with Marleen; i mean talk about a Mary Sue. I swear she existed just to have bad things happen to her. Upside is that you get a brand new supporting cast.

After that you need a compelling form of conflict. Something that MK can oppose in some way. Something that is not only long term, but can result in short term oppositon too. Moon Knight kind of needs a less rich version of Lex Luthor. A Lex Luthor who is all about owning the new city for instance. I could also suggest using something like a new MGH style drug or Big Bang style effect to create new viilains, ala Bang Babies (possibly a weaponised formula developed by said Luthor analogue).

An this leads into the development of an entire rogues gallery of villains over time, which was always one of the biggest draws for the early post crisis Batman books. An never ever again mention any of MK's old villains... Because they were all excessively lame.

As for style of book, i would go kind of year 2 batman style: He has the skills, he has the tech, but now he has to apply it. An in that way he comes into indirect conflict with his Lex... By years end the two are aware of each other directly, the plot has opened out to the point where it becomes apparent that the Lex has a bigger plan for "his" city. Already we see the parts start to slot together, including the testing of a new MGH like drug on part of the populace. I'd like to think that that would even possibly result in a female sidekick character for MK... An for some reason in my head said sidekick is like Misfit in that she can teleport & is completely untrained. I also like to think that she tried to go it alone & while investigating her MK is ambushed & pinned down, only to be saved by Misfit. It'd be a nice spin on the old Hero saves potential sidekick moment. An you know what, if i could get a fast enough team to work on the book (or if we could get far enough ahead), i would porobably make it a fortnightly book.

Because thats the two things MK has always been missing: Consistency & Mythos.

Of course this is all moot since Marvel would never do any of the above... As it would include effort & taking a chance, two things that Marvel have shied away from in the last 5 years. Thats why we now have 1 whole book thats not in Marvels top 4 franchises, or a derivative property of thsoe 4: The Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I don't even like the Sentry (although I think he could possibly work as a cosmic character), but for some reason I've a complete obsession over those two teaming up and reading the absolutely nutty things that would result. Potential. Potential. Potential.
    Written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Skottie Young.

Gold!
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I just pray to Konshu that the next writer(s) absolutely ignore Bendis's junk.

I want a Moon Knight book more than anyone, but I'd rather have the character shelved indefinitely rather than to have the likes of Bendis taking a stab. And, unfortunately I feel like Bendis has left a stain upon the character that future and impressionable writers will touch back on. :/