Default Kind of new to comics and am looking for more Captain America and maybe Thor.

Hello everyone I am new here. I just recently started collecting comics after about 15 years, but back than I collected Spawn comics and nothing else. Sadly all those comics are gone now. Anyway, I have become a big fan of both Thor and Captain America. What I am looking for is an omibus or graphic novels that have the original Captain America and omnibus that has the original Thor stories, like from the first issues. I've looked online and haven't found anything for Captain America that has the original comics from the beginning and I haven't looked yet for Thor. The only Thor book I have is a Walter Simonson, not the omnibus, but the one with 11 issues and for Captain America I have Winter Soldier and a single issue, issue #386.

Welcome to CBR!

By "original comics" I'm guessing you mean comics from the 60s by the characters' creators, right?

The Mighty Thor omnibus collects issues #83-120 of Journey Into Mystery, which includes his first appearance. There's also the Captain America omnibus, which features Captain America's exploits after waking up in the modern day. Both of these are from the 60s and have talent like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    Welcome to CBR!

By "original comics" I'm guessing you mean comics from the 60s by the characters' creators, right?

The Mighty Thor omnibus collects issues #83-120 of Journey Into Mystery, which includes his first appearance. There's also the Captain America omnibus, which features Captain America's exploits after waking up in the modern day. Both of these are from the 60s and have talent like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby on them.
    Thanks and yes that is what I meant. I was trying to look for something that starts issue #1 but I guess that doesn't exist I don't know.

If you want something cheaper, those entire runs are collected in Essential collections. they are black and white but have 20 issues in one book for a cheap price

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Capt...4370421&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Thor...pd_sim_sbs_b_4

Please refer to these existing threads:
    Where to start with Captain America?
    Where to start with Thor?

Thanks.