BANNED

Default So the FCBD book is a lead in to the Age Of Ultron......

So when exactly does this Age Of Ultron come out. I mean we just had Julys solicitations and it's not there.

So I don't get it? The FCBD book is to attract new readers. The FCBD book comes out in two weeks and it's aim is to get these new readers (Marvel have made a point it is aimed at new readers hence why they are using a reprint) to pick up a series that comes out............Well so far at least not in within 3 months of the free book.

So these 'new readers' that come into the shop and for some reason are in awe of Bendis' work and want to read more. Then what?

Well I guess give them another Bendis book. But doesn't that kinda make it pointless using that particular reprint?

I'm honestly baffled behind the reasoning for this. I often feel that Marvel's website is a symbol of how things are run at Marvel. Seriously is there anyone in charge over there?

I agree, their reasoning is pretty nonsensical. I would have thought they'd release Avengers vs X-Men #0 for FCBD, even a lead-in to Avengers Assemble #1.

The timing is definitely a bit off, especially if they expect new readers to wait a few months to get Ultron War.

But I suppose provided comic shops ordered enough copies they can point them to the first arc of Avengers or the first Avengers trade by Bendis and Romita Jr., Avengers Assemble, and AvX in the meantime which should keep some degree of momentum up. Although yeah it's pretty lazy to just reprint that Avengers .1 issue, it's still an accessible and relevant comic pertaining to Ultron War.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I'm honestly baffled behind the reasoning for this. I often feel that Marvel's website is a symbol of how things are run at Marvel. Seriously is there anyone in charge over there?
    Hard to understand, all jumbled up, horrible fan feedback and Big flashy pictures of the avengers movie
    yep QFT
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Especially since those of us a year ago paid for this issue and still haven't seen hide nor hair of any hint of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    The timing is definitely a bit off, especially if they expect new readers to wait a few months to get Ultron War.

But I suppose provided comic shops ordered enough copies they can point them to the first arc of Avengers or the first Avengers trade by Bendis and Romita Jr., Avengers Assemble, and AvX in the meantime which should keep some degree of momentum up. Although yeah it's pretty lazy to just reprint that Avengers .1 issue, it's still an accessible and relevant comic pertaining to Ultron War.
    I will say, as much as I think this is stupid, DC did the same thing with Blackest Night, if I remember right. They had the zero issue on FCBD but BN #1 didn't come out till way later.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz41 View Post
    Especially since those of us a year ago paid for this issue and still haven't seen hide nor hair of any hint of this story.

I will say, as much as I think this is stupid, DC did the same thing with Blackest Night, if I remember right. They had the zero issue on FCBD but BN #1 didn't come out till way later.
    Yeah I was going to mention DC's usage of the FCBD issue to build anticipation for BN as well although I'm not sure if it was the same amount of time or less between that and the main event.

Marvel's in a more advantageous position now though since they're just launching their big event so there's plenty of other Marvel product to keep people busy in the mean time before Ultron War.