Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    It's a weekly digital series that will come out every Monday. They said they will start off with a miniseries for each main character and then once that's done all the characters will come together to team up. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I hope they announce how many pages & what it costs so I have an idea.
    All the digital first books are 10 pages and $1 per week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Gunner View Post
    All the digital first books are 10 pages and $1 per week.
    How long did it take them to print Batman Beyond from the digital? I really want to read this, but I just do not want to buy digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    How long did it take them to print Batman Beyond from the digital? I really want to read this, but I just do not want to buy digital comics.
    Every four weeks to make up 40 pages for 3.99$. That was planned from the start with Batman Beyond though. There hasn't been any mention of this going beyond digital.

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    DC and Marvel's manga never looks like manga.
    See Batman Death Mask and Batman Child of Dreams

When/if this goes print I will pick it up, it looks like Barbara has made her return!
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ffritts View Post
    When/if this goes print I will pick it up, it looks like Barbara has made her return!
    Same here. I don't do digital, but if this comes out in print, I'll definitely check it out.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    And Vice Versa. Both Western and Eastern comics styles are so diverse at this point that no one can Bat an eye at artists on both sides of the pond borrowing and taking influence from the other side.
    Well there is some difference in manga and American comics and European comics. If you ever read any of Scott McCloud's graphic novels (which are about the medium of comics) there are mechanistic differences in the style of the different comics. The most noticeable is the proportion/percentage of different types of panels used. Each culture/style on average prescribes to a certain average of panel-type percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    DC and Marvel's manga never looks like manga.

the artist for batwoman has more of a manga style, they should have asked her what manga looks like.
    That would be because Amy Reeder was a manga artist, and while she's adapted her style it is still heavily influenced by manga. It seems really weird that DC hasn't put her on this project, she would be perfect for it, and now that she's off Batwoman she's probably got plenty of time to do it.

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

I think her new helmet thing is cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Indeed--there were stylistic differences, but manga influences has been slowly seeping into western comics since Frank Miller drew Ronin.
    Actually it started when Lone Wolf and Cub started to trickle into the states before Frank Miller swiped the style for Ronin. The influence of Lone Wolf and Cub had on artists and writers cannot be overstated.

The thing is alot of the stylistic conventions of more modern Manga that's creeping into western comic illustration these days are the big giant eyes, the background speed lines for everything, things like the animation cell shaded look etc, the drop of sweat next to a characters head as a visual shorthand for emotions rather that drawing the emotions on the characters face, switching to a bit of chibi art for a panel to portray characters yelling in anger or laughter like a child throwing a tantrum in anger etc, all these conventions that alot of comic book readers here don't like (I meant our superhero readers and I know Manga is huge I know) are more recent influences from the more modern manga rather than Ronin or Lone Wolf and Cub.

I wasn't sure about this, but that interview sold me. I love when chicks kick ass! So many of my favorite characters in one place!

On a semi-related note, I wonder if this is one of the 52 Earths? It would kinda have to be, right?
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Japanese cartoons drew heavily from Disney ones, and now the same is also happening in reverse. I dont know if any of you notice, but the guys who did the DC animated features have an awful lot of Japanese names.

BTW, is this a mini-series, it sounds like one, but is thar proof?
    Batman Gotham Knight was the only real Japanese DC anime. The other DC direct-to-video productions that have foreign names are mostly Korean.

Here is little more on this project.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...nd-duela-dent/

A world without male heroes and villains. Interesting. I kind of like that idea. Is something we haven't seen before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    Here is little more on this project.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...nd-duela-dent/

A world without male heroes and villains. Interesting. I kind of like that idea. Is something we haven't seen before.
    sounds sexy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    This is meant to be the manga styled one for chicks, right? The art doesn't seem very manga-esque, just some disappointing vanilla superhero with poor colouring. Though the writing will probably be great, I predict a fail. But a good effort anyway from DC.
    I bet even the writing will be filler, forgettable stuff.

I think that might actually be my favorite Batgirl design. I dig the Gatchaman-ness to it.