Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E2 LIVE: Marvel House of Ideas

Marvel begins its C2E2 schedule with the House of Ideas panel, discussing all the latest news on the Marvel Comics App, Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited and more. CBR is on hand LIVE with all the details.

Full article here.

I hope they have more Infinite Comics announcements.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I hope they have more Infinite Comics announcements.
    Me too, the first one was great and really well done. Would've been awesome if we had gotten one with each issue of AvX but that might've been asking a bit too much.

It's good to know it's not just me who thought it was awesome. I really hope they keep up with Infinite Comics and start utilizing it more.

BANNED

Will the digital comics and infinte comics downloads be available when you purchase the graphic novel of AVX and related titles? I want this answered!

BANNED

Wrapping up, the panel spoke about the pricing of both the digital and the print version of Marvel comics. "There's no doubt if we lower the price by a dollar, it's going to sell more," said Quesada, who stated quality is the publisher's major goal and it hopes to continue bringing the best writers and artists to its books.

Well that's funny because Alonso and Wacker seem to think a price drop makes no difference. Seriously though I'll gladly give up Bendis and Fraction and pay a dollar less as much as it kills me.

Seriously if Image and DC can do then Marvel can. The talent isn't better at Marvel than anywhere else. In fact in my opinion it's kind of lacking in many many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Well that's funny because Alonso and Wacker seem to think a price drop makes no difference.
    You can have it both ways. With a lower price, it would sell more copies, but it might not sell enough to offset the price drop.

Interesting. It looks like on Newsarama that they have Quesada saying something like There's no GUARANTEE if we lower the price by a dollar, it's going to sell more. That seems more consistent with what they've said in the past. Although I don't agree. I like DC's 2.99 comics or 3.99 comics with extras.
    Last edited by supercam; 04-13-2012 at 03:59 PM.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

As a digital and mail order guy I'm thrilled to hear a overhaul is coming to the subscription service. I imagine a price hike will be involved. Hopefully what they come up with counter balances

I just renewed several 3.99 books. 12 issues for 19.97. Thats dirt cheap

Great White North Brian from Canada's Avatar

I'm just happy that Marvel's finally realized DC was right all along: seven months ago, Didio and Lee were out talking about the demise of the comic book store, and now DC's just made the announcement that DC Direct will also be selling products directly online as well as through the stores.

They still need to make the online comics more accessible, though — especially now that Adobe's pulling the plug on Flash for the web and replacing it with a Java-based script instead.

Loving how Marvel is getting serious about the whole digital push. Guess all they needed was a push from DC first with the New 52. Still hope for something official with future Infinite Comics. Those definitely have potential. Now it's DC's turn to get pushed! More digital is better in my book and I can't wait to see more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

No guarantee a price drop would increase sales? Why not try it and see?! You don't think DC's 'Drawing the line at $2.99' campaign didn't increase sales?

I haven't been a fan of the New52 and think Marvel is making a lot of right moves right now but the greed of charging an extra dollar for standard size comics is gonna prevent me from picking up their books when DC is a dollar cheaper or comes with more story for your buck.

And stuff like AR is a nice gimmick but no way would I pay more for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Wrapping up, the panel spoke about the pricing of both the digital and the print version of Marvel comics. "There's no doubt if we lower the price by a dollar, it's going to sell more," said Quesada, who stated quality is the publisher's major goal and it hopes to continue bringing the best writers and artists to its books.

Well that's funny because Alonso and Wacker seem to think a price drop makes no difference. Seriously though I'll gladly give up Bendis and Fraction and pay a dollar less as much as it kills me.
    Wait you mean Marvel has lied to fans again? *Gasp* How out of character for them.

After Quesada's quote about the 616 and ultimate universe never crossing over, shouldn't it be renamed the House of NO Ideas?

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

yawn more "Hey we have more digital coming"
    seems like thats a routine for Marvel this year at cons
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare