Elder Member

Default Sunday C2E2 Liveblog

Ultimate Comics Universe Panel, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. CDT

The liveblog will be on Marvel.com right here http://marvel.com/news/story/18473/c...#ixzz1rxL9UpOl

Anyone else excited?

I am. I want to know more about this big event.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

I can't wait to hear what it's all about
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Based on Nick Fury's disagreements with the President in Ultimates and X-Men, as well as the fact that he's asked Cap to speak out against the President and the fact that Marvel's said this event will involve a major decision for Captain America, I'm about 75% certain we're looking at something along the lines of Ultimate Comics: Civil War. Unlike in the the 616 civil war, this will be fought over the nation's treatment of mutants and its response to foreign threats like The People and The Children rather than a hero's right to have a secret identity. The rebels will be led by Nick Fury, and the government's forces will probably be led by Captain America, seeing as how he's a blind patriot and he's spent the past 8 issues in a desert cut off from most of what's been going on lately.

IMO, interesting although Fury is right. The president is a total idiot.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Man, I was hoping to take my lunch break during this, but I just realized it starts right at the beginning of my shift. Take some good bulletpoints so I can quickly check my phone during "bathroom breaks"!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Based on Nick Fury's disagreements with the President in Ultimates and X-Men, as well as the fact that he's asked Cap to speak out against the President and the fact that Marvel's said this event will involve a major decision for Captain America, I'm about 75% certain we're looking at something along the lines of Ultimate Comics: Civil War. Unlike in the the 616 civil war, this will be fought over the nation's treatment of mutants and its response to foreign threats like The People and The Children rather than a hero's right to have a secret identity. The rebels will be led by Nick Fury, and the government's forces will probably be led by Captain America, seeing as how he's a blind patriot and he's spent the past 8 issues in a desert cut off from most of what's been going on lately.
    I like this idea but I'd rather the Ultimate Universe not borrow the name of a 616 event. It's best to avoid similarities, especially with all the borrowing 616 is doing from Ultimate these days.

The event combining the 3 books is going to be called 'Divided We Fall'.

Cover to Ultimate Comics Ultimates #13:

Wow, great cover! And I love the DWF name.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    The event combining the 3 books is going to be called 'Divided We Fall'.

Cover to Ultimate Comics Ultimates #13:

Firstly: awesome. Secondly: Why does Cap have a bullet in his teeth!?
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.