Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is Dr. Hurt still in continuity?

Didio has said that all Crisis events are gone, which means Final Crisis never happened. And yet, Dr. Hurt is dependent on Batman traveling in time and has a connection to Darkseid (who presumably never died in the New 52). So, if Darkseid never sent Bruce back in time and sent his Hunter-Killer back in time (which led to the creation of Hurt), how can the character exist? Has Morrison or anyone else addressed this?

he clarified that and said they happened "differently"

there has been nothing to outright negate it, so there's nothing to worry about. it most likely won't go referenced outside of INC (potentially) so nothing is really changed.

They said that Batman's canon is mostly untouched. Also I think Final Crisis happened because it was just a big event, not a universe altering crisis. Darkseid invaded the earth, he lost, badaboom badabam.

When necessary they happened, when not they didn't.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Doesn't matter. That part of the story is done, and it won't affect the new parts.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Doesn't matter. That part of the story is done, and it won't affect the new parts.
    I think you're misjudging how DC comics work. Everything that's come before? Somebody's going to use it to new ends eventually. Nobody remains dead, nothing gets left alone, and nothing stays buried. That's how corporate, serial comics work.

Regardless, yes, Hurt is still in continuity, presumably with little to no changes.

Yeah, I think the only things that don't "count" from Morrison's run would be as follows:

1. Potentially the flashback from "Joe Chill in Hell", plus some of what appears in Last Rites. Conveniently, it was ambiguous what parts of that were true events and what were hallucinations anyway
    2. Catwoman knowing Batman's identity
    3. Barbara's appearance in Incorporated so far(she's apparently been in Africa for the last year) and possibly Steph and Tim's appearances in Incorporated as well.

The stuff with Dr. Hurt and Return of Bruce Wayne and all that is still canon I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    They said that Batman's canon is mostly untouched. Also I think Final Crisis happened because it was just a big event, not a universe altering crisis. Darkseid invaded the earth, he lost, badaboom badabam.
    You just heard it from the man himself.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    Barbara's appearance in Incorporated so far(she's apparently been in Africa for the last year) and possibly Steph and Tim's appearances in Incorporated as well.
    But did she have access to a computer while in Africa? Because she wasn't physically present in the Babs-centric issue, so it's still easy enough to be canon.

I've heard that she was never Oracle in the new 52 continuity, so that might be a spanner in that.

Quote Originally Posted by TZDEKA View Post
    I've heard that she was never Oracle in the new 52 continuity, so that might be a spanner in that.
    No one has produced evidence of this. The closest to evidence is Gail Simone's statements that Babs couldn't have been Oracle for that long anymore, but the way "continuity" works, that really doesn't mean much.

It may become true, but as of yet, we've seen no actual evidence.

Hate to be glib, but he's only in continuity if a writer wants him to be.

DC probably hasn't really thought about it if nobody has brought it up or not.

The DCnU doesn't seem to worry / care about the company's traditions and history unless it makes for a useful story.

So like I said, when necessary, such as when a future writer wants to use him, it happened, and when unecessary, such as when it might contradict something, it didn't happen.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Oracle, Hurt, etc..it all happened, just differently..differently only when things needed to happen differently (and the same when it could have happened the same).

As FHIZ said, the Crises were clarified to have happened, just differently. (Which isn't a new idea, JLA Incarnations did that with COIE)
    Last edited by jgiannantoni05; 04-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    he clarified that and said they happened "differently"
    He said there have been "crises" (note the small C) in the lives of DC's heroes, but never took back what he said about the Big C Crises being gone. So Final Crisis and the rest are still gone and the question remains.