Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I think this is how many people felt. They liked the character and wanted to read a comic about her, but the stories often did not pull them in. Simple as that.

Of course there is nothing at all wrong with not liking her previously, but I did feel for the longtime Wonder Woman fans during the week of the first issue. Too many people were going into the Wonder Woman forum saying "Gee I have never liked Wonder Woman at all but this is great!". That had to have felt a bit backhanded after awhile.

I'm sure some of the new readers didn't mean any harm and were only trying to start a dialogue. Nonetheless!
    yeah sometimes you've got to have a thick skin on these message boards ppl can offend without meaning too and sometimes its intentional, but I digress. People are certainly voicing their opinions about the relaunch even if they haven't totally thought them out.

For the most part I think the response to Wonder Woman has been positive, albeit not all positive but for many posters I think the intentions were good

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

I like Katana from Birds of Prey much better now. She always seemed a bit mopey before, but now she's crazy and I like it.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Being new to comics, I have nothing to compare these characters to except maybe the animated universe.

I really like Johns' take on Aquaman. What a well done book especially since I have cared nothing about Aquaman before.

Though I think Superman in Action Comics still needs to be fleshed out more, I am liking where they are taking his character TBH.

I still have yet to pick up Wonder Woman but according to what everyone is saying I might try issue #1 sometime.
    Reading: A Comics, Superman, Superboy, Batman, B&R, Nightwing, G Lantern, GL:NG, The Flash, J League, T Titans, Earth 2, World's Finest and Smallville S.11!

Watching: Young Justice.

Aquaman

I grew up thinking he was the worst hero ever thanks to the cartoon.

Now he seems like a BOSS and his books is my second favorite of the new52

Barry Allen, Aquaman, Wonder Girl, Jason Todd, Superboy, Sinestro.

Wouldn't say I disliked all of them before, some I just found irritating or was indifferent towards.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wonder Girl
    Another good pick, she was way to whiny pre-reboot, at least in the few stories I've read. Plus, I like the costume on this one.

British Student of Film

I've always liked Hal Jordon, but I really like his characterisation in the DCnU.
    Same with Red Hood.
    Previouly, I've found Supes to be pretty boring, but I'm really enjoying Action Comics in the DCnU.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I wouldn't say I necessarily disliked Superman pre-New 52, but I definitely found him uninteresting the majority of the time. However, he's now one of my favorite characters in the New 52.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

This is the first time I've actually liked Omac.

I wouldn't say I disliked Wonder Woman previously, I just wasn't all that interested in her character. The new Wonder Woman is one of the best books of the relaunch IMO.

Jason Todd.

Again it isn't so much that I disliked the character, it's just that I thought that the most interesting thing about him was that he had been killed and didn't come back to life for a long time. If you told me eight months ago that I'd be reading a comic featuring Jason Todd, Roy Harper and Starfire (and really liking it) I'd have laughed in your face.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

I don't know if it made me like anyone I hadn't before, necessarily, but it renewed my interest in Tim Drake, a character I had gotten really sick of in recent years. I liked that they kept a lot of his character development from recent years, but made him a bit more human, a bit more of a likable awkward nerd in addition to an intense, slightly ruthless detective. So I've gotten back into Tim Drake in a big way.

Oh, I also really like Arsenal these days as well. He's a lot less douchey and more of a screwed up yet big hearted guy. I like that.

O.M.A.C. Not that I disliked the character before but the concept was always a little dated and 'out there' for me (the Infinite Crisis version doesn't quite count, as it was personality free). Loved the re-imagining and all the Kirby lore that has been dusted off.

Gonna echo Wonder Woman, conceptually. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with her direction before, but the new one is more distinctive and original (if polarizing).

I like how Jason Todd is a more mellow version of Judd Winick's and ditches all the Grant Morrison weirdness from Batman and Robin (which Winick did a bit to reconcile in one of the last pre-Flashpoint arcs).

Jovial Vandal Savage from Demon Knights reminds me why I loved the character in his animated Justice League appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Kill Hitler View Post

Personally the reboot is the first time I've found Wonder Woman to be anything but dull as dishwater.
    high five, brother!

I've tried to read wonder woman's supposed iconic runs and was simply bored to tears. Azzarello's book on the other hand has me chomping at the bit every month.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

He hasn't appeared yet but the Weather Wizard...

I mean, I loved him before from Johns' first run, but you add a goatee and a long-coat and everybody becomes ten times more badass.
    Also, a staff instead of a wand helps.

There's a lot of guys around here prefering NuWonder Woman. Nice.

It hasn't really changed whether I like or dislike characters, but there's loads of characters I pay more attention to now. I'm reading all the young justice books - never really read teen books pre-Flashpoint