Thread: Digital first

Hybrid View

Default Digital first

Makes me want to drop DC books almost as much as a reboot. To be fair, 3 months into the reboot I came back... Anyway... I am anti-this.

Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    Makes me want to drop DC books almost as much as a reboot. To be fair, 3 months into the reboot I came back... Anyway... I am anti-this.
    In what way is it harming you?

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    In what way is it harming you?
    Well, I'll have to wait to get the stories. In general I keep up with things and if it's a title I'd otherwise like to read but can't, only so DC can try to swoon hipsters. It doesn't really hurt me but it's more than a bit lame imo.

So in other words your wanting the comics industry to continue slowly dwindling without trying to branch out into a world full of tablets and computers that could make get their product out. Gezz look at what was happening to the music industry before itunes.If anything "hipsters" would be the ones read the paper copies cos it such a tiny art form these days.Digital has its place in the world.

To balance things out:

I'm looking forward to this...at the very least, the rotating Batman title. The others don't appeal to me, but they clearly do have established audiences they are aiming for.

And I don't THINK I'm a hipster by any means, and I can promise you I'm not swooning.

You sir fail as we all know holsters are into vintage and therefore would be reading paper comics.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

I thought hipsters were into hating Rob Liefeld's art.

Well, I'll have to wait to get the stories. In general I keep up with things and if it's a title I'd otherwise like to read but can't, only so DC can try to swoon hipsters. It doesn't really hurt me but it's more than a bit lame imo.
    Well, while I do think digital is going to grow, it's going to be a while before there is widespread discussion about books that come out in digital first, during that period when the digital is out but the print isn't. So I think it's safe for you to just pretend the digital doesn't exist.

Why?

I mean, how does it affect you? Because you personally like print better? I try not to insult other posters but this seems like a really idiotic stance to have.

I hate country music, but Im not "against" it. I just dont listen to it. And you know, country music does not damage my life in any way. It does not detract from the music I do enjoy. Just an example.

These digital books are not connected to New52 continuity, pre-Flashpoint history, Young Justice continuity, or anything. How is it hurting you?

Sorry, Im likely going off the deep end a little. Im still wound up over some recent laws passed in the South that I feel completely infringe on our right of choice and insult the Constitution, and its likely carrying over here.

And I agree with the posters who like the new digital. I still buy mostly print due to LCS loyalty, but if not for that I would have switched over completely. They look better, I like the panel breakdowns, and I dont have to worry about my kid coloring on them.