View Poll Results: What Would You Call It

Voters
56. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Fearless

10 17.86%
  • Valkyrior

3 5.36%
  • Liberators

19 33.93%
  • Lady Liberators

7 12.50%
  • Amazons

1 1.79%
  • Heralds

1 1.79%
  • Women Avengers

1 1.79%
  • Force Works

2 3.57%
  • Women Of Marvel

0 0%
  • Other

12 21.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I love "The Fearless" . Its just stand out at you. It doesnt scream comic book. Its screams "revolution".
    Agreed! I really like it.

M.I.L.F.S.

Marvels Invincible Lovely Female Superheroes

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Marvel actually have a female based team in the works now besides the Marvel Divas or the Heralds..?
    Heralds? I don't get it.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    The Russian language? Magik is Russian!

As for demographics, DC's female-led titles, save one, are all selling well. World's Finest also has a strong chance of succeeding. I am not sure you can put it all on that. For a variety of reasons, Marvel seems to have a more challenging time with it. Hopefully that will change.
    DC just announced a new web comic series by Palmiotti, Connor, and crew featuring the ladies of the DCU.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    DC just announced a new web comic series by Palmiotti, Connor, and crew featuring the ladies of the DCU.
    I know! I love Amanda Connor's art. That makes another female-led ongoing at DC.

Axel Alonso said Captain Marvel will not be the only one. I am curious to find out who gets a series.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    The Russian language? Magik is Russian!

As for demographics, DC's female-led titles, save one, are all selling well. World's Finest also has a strong chance of succeeding. I am not sure you can put it all on that. For a variety of reasons, Marvel seems to have a more challenging time with it. Hopefully that will change.
    No, you are mistaken: DC is not selling a single book ABOUT a female character. DC is selling books about super heros, magicians & ninjas: They just happen to incidentally also be female. Thats the difference between Marvel & DC. DC is selling you a book that might be interesting based on its base concept, where as Marvel is trying to sell you a book about a girl. MARVEL WAKE UP, NO ONE WANTS TO READ ABOUT A GIRL, ANYMORE THEN THEY WANT TO READ ABOUT A GUY!

Thats right... I said it.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    No, you are mistaken: DC is not selling a single book ABOUT a female character. DC is selling books about super heros, magicians & ninjas: They just happen to incidentally also be female. Thats the difference between Marvel & DC. DC is selling you a book that might be interesting based on its base concept, where as Marvel is trying to sell you a book about a girl. MARVEL WAKE UP, NO ONE WANTS TO READ ABOUT A GIRL, ANYMORE THEN THEY WANT TO READ ABOUT A GUY!

Thats right... I said it.
    This. And it is not just a "comic book" thing either. The most successful fictional heroines like Katniss Everdeen, Buffy Summers and Ellen Ripley are successful because the themes and concepts they deal with are interesting, not JUST because of "Hey look, titties!".

Back to the topic, "The Fearless" sounds pretty epic!

BANNED

I'll say something, if this does get announced today Marvel have done the minimum to get people excited about it. No teasers, no big anouncement at the main Cup O Joe panel. If anything it comes across as an afterthought slotted in last thing before the convention ends.

Lucky for us I guess that we get to be the ones that decide what works by buying it.

But then if it isn't written by an architect or Loeb, Marvel really aren't all that interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    This. And it is not just a "comic book" thing either.
    yep. Though the amount of times i've seen stupid threads or discussions in the Marvel section of the board where people are complaining because the last female solo title in Marvels collection was cancelled, or thread about how Marvel should have a female only team book because DC got Birds of Prey to work makes me want to slap people. BoP was not a good book because it was an all female team (because it wasn't): It was good because it was was well written and about something interesting. The fact that it was predominately made up of female characters was purely incidental.

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

Lady Liberators and Liberators should be added together.

Fatale?
    Last edited by custodes; 04-15-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Scorned... As in hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

yep. Though the amount of times i've seen stupid threads or discussions in the Marvel section of the board where people are complaining because the last female solo title in Marvels collection was cancelled, or thread about how Marvel should have a female only team book because DC got Birds of Prey to work makes me want to slap people. BoP was not a good book because it was an all female team (because it wasn't): It was good because it was was well written and about something interesting. The fact that it was predominately made up of female characters was purely incidental.
    I don't subscribe to this head-in-the-sand ignorance of gender politics. Why can't you appreciate a female-based superhero on the basis of their gender? I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that the inclusion of all females in the book was purely "incidental".

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I don't subscribe to this head-in-the-sand ignorance of gender politics. Why can't you appreciate a female-based superhero on the basis of their gender? I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that the inclusion of all females in the book was purely "incidental".
    Then you'd be wrong: Its not gender politics, its just straight up disinteresting narratives, made to sound like it might be interesting because, people have convinced themselves that they really want to read about is a partiuclar gender/ethnicity/sexual orinetation, rather then about a character: Its a basic precept of narrative writing.

BANNED

Then you'd be wrong: Its not gender politics, its just straight up disinteresting narratives, made to sound like it might be interesting because, people have convinced themselves that they really want to read about is a partiuclar gender/ethnicity/sexual orinetation, rather then about a character: Its a basic precept of narrative writing.
    The reason I want this book is for the Marvel Females to interact. Too many times, the female heroes are just defined by who they hook up with. I think it would be a better way to show why they are great and uniqe.

The Disciples- Female Villains
    The Intimidators- Female villains
    The Killers- Female villains
    The Liberators- Heroines
    The Valkyrie- Heroines
    The Invincibles-Heroines
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.