Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default C2E2: DC Comics Expands "Digital First" Offerings

In the wake of today's digital debut of "Smallville: Season 11," DC Comics has announced even more "digital first" titles to hit in the coming months, including "Ame-Comi Girls" and an original Batman series.

Full article here.

BANNED

Ame-Comi Girls, cheescake the comic book

I'd be a lot more interested in Ben Caldwell's WW manga than this. What does "Ame-Comi" even mean? American Comics?

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

The creative teams for digital first Batman is just a mix bag. I see Lemire is getting to write more DC books.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I'm interested in the Ame-Comi one. I really like the previewed Conner art and I dislike the new Batgirl book and the new look for Power Girl so hopefully I will like these more. Plus Palmiotti / Grey are pretty solid.

Does anyone know the page / price count for these?
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Also I would like to commend DC for pushing forward with new digital initiatives. I like reading comics on my iPad WAY more than buying floppies so I appreciate that they are supporting their digital fans like this.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Ame-Comi Girls, cheescake the comic book

What's so cheese cake about it? You mean because shes showing thigh? Well the minotaurs are baring a lot of skin too.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Compared to the statues, that's pretty un-cheesecake, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    What's so cheese cake about it? You mean because shes showing thigh? Well the minotaurs are baring a lot of skin too.
    Nah, it's a bit cheesecake-y because it shows a bit of butt cheek.

But if that's the worst of it, it's no big deal.

BANNED

If they print them I may buy them to be my dirty secret.

Ame-Comi Girls with Amanda Conner? That is brilliant. I'm so there.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

When I saw Ame-Comi my first though was that it was the comic version of those ecchi mangas...

Oh man, the Ame-comi one looks like it could be a blast and that's a great creative team. (Now if only Amanda Conner was doing art for all of them, though the other artist choices look pretty good too. Kinda antsy about the Supergirl and Power Girl ones but other than that.)

BANNED

In the new series, the heroines must unite to stop an invasion by the female Braniac, who is aided by a group of ‘bad girl’ super villains. Initially, there will be five individual character arcs with multiple chapters, leading up to united, Ame-Comi girl series. All stories are written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray with Wonder Woman art by Amanda Conner and Tony Akins, Batgirl art by Sanford Greene, Duela Dent art by Ted Naifeh, Power Girl art by Mike Bowden and Supergirl art by Santi Casas.
    omg this is so cheesecake

BANNED

Is this the all-ages WW project they were hinting at? Might check it out, but I have a feeling this is going to have little substance.