Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    That's not trolling, that's just fact. More on that in a bit.
    True, but in comics you can bend facts to your convenience. The only reason a fact like this would play out is to glorify the character on purpose by making everyone else look weak and useless. Even Thor who is more powerful than Cap was defeated. If Cap ends up saving the world that would make this whole storyline stupid and give it a weak resolution. If someone is more suited for the task they are Mahr-Vehl or Ben Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    This whole thing of ONE PERSON CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE is as cliched as teenage romances.

It seems unfair with Steve gone they didn't exploit the opportunity to do something innovative like have Spider-Woman grow as a character or introduce a new super heroine and have her be as good as Steve in strategic planning. Those sexist bastards.

Now they want him back and have spent most of Hickman's run showing how incompetent they are without him. What a clever way to troll.
    Well, I've long been wishing Steve and Karen to hook up...that gives me my romantic drama, and everyone else something original. Steve needs a new love interest, Wasp and him have been history for, like, five years our time. I want a new first couple of the Ultimate U!

(When they announce their relationship, the U.S. Government will realize how foolish they've been and remove the laws regarding mutants, per Romeo and Juliet. Except minus the double suicide at the end.)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Well, I've long been wishing Steve and Karen to hook up...that gives me my romantic drama, and everyone else something original. Steve needs a new love interest, Wasp and him have been history for, like, five years our time. I want a new first couple of the Ultimate U!

(When they announce their relationship, the U.S. Government will realize how foolish they've been and remove the laws regarding mutants, per Romeo and Juliet. Except minus the double suicide at the end.)
    Jean Gray is in love with Xorn
    Cap can have Red Wasp though they are both emotionally insane.

This whole thing of ONE PERSON CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE is as cliched as teenage romances.
    Seems like you need a little Knight Rider in your life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Seems like you need a little Knight Rider in your life.
    Dude, I've seen plenty of cheesy Knight Rider episodes on the RTV channel. That is not what I need.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

True, but in comics you can bend facts to your convenience. The only reason a fact like this would play out is to glorify the character on purpose by making everyone else look weak and useless. Even Thor who is more powerful than Cap was defeated. If Cap ends up saving the world that would make this whole storyline stupid and give it a weak resolution. If someone is more suited for the task they are Mahr-Vehl or Ben Grimm.
    Well I don't think that his return would be one as the big hero since Hickman has gone on record saying not to when Captain America returns not to expect him to bring victory over The Children with him.

I'd say that's disgusting since she's 19 if it wasn't for the fact that both Jean and Ororo hooked up with Logan at age 18. But still not something I'd want to see.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well I don't think that his return would be one as the big hero since Hickman has gone on record saying not to when Captain America returns not to expect him to bring victory over The Children with him.
    Was this before or after he decided to leave and take Sam as apprentice?

I'd say that's disgusting since she's 19 if it wasn't for the fact that both Jean and Ororo hooked up with Logan at age 18. But still not something I'd want to see.
    If they're 18 and above there's nothing disgusting or wrong with it.

wow they are expecting media blitz

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Steve's biologically (like, his age minus time-as-ice-sculpture) probably in his mid twenties at most, though, right?
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Steve's biologically (like, his age minus time-as-ice-sculpture) probably in his mid twenties at most, though, right?
    There's not even that big of an age difference between Steve and Jean (discounting the time he spent frozen)! It is like Aang and Katara. Technically Aang was 112 years old and Katara was barely 13, how come no one found that disgusting?

There's not even that big of an age difference between Steve and Jean (discounting the time he spent frozen)! It is like Aang and Katara. Technically Aang was 112 years old and Katara was barely 13, how come no one found that disgusting?
    The would have nothing in common and the difference in morals and values says enough. Aang still retained his body and personality, he didn't go through WW2 and become a total dick.
    "Citizen Kane clearly isn't the greatest movie ever made for one simple reason: The Predator wasn't in it."

Steve and Jean've both gone through a lot, and seem extremely alone...both have the weight of the world on their shoulders. They should at least talk about it over coffee and see where it goes from there. Assuming they have Starbucks in Tian...
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Steve and Jean've both gone through a lot, and seem extremely alone...both have the weight of the world on their shoulders. They should at least talk about it over coffee and see where it goes from there. Assuming they have Starbucks in Tian...
    See, Trevor? They could be a couple.

I think in Tian they have tea, not coffee.