Default If I dropped Ult X-men, will the Ultimate Universe get too confusing?

Anyone here just read 1 or 2 of the ultimate books and not the others?

I am new to the Ultimate Universe and I just ain't feelin Ultimate X-men at all. I kind of enjoy the Storm/Collosus plot but the Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Witch, ect plot thing that is going on just leaves me confused as hell and frankly, bored.

But I really like the Ultimates and Spider-Man ain't half bad.

Will the Universe just get confusing without reading all the books? It isn't like the 616 where there are 100000 books so losing one isn't a big deal. Not reading Ult Xmen would be losing 1/3 of the universe... My pull list is just so gigantic that I need to start cutting back some.

Thanks

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post

I am new to the Ultimate Universe and I just ain't feelin Ultimate X-men at all. I kind of enjoy the Storm/Collosus plot but the Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Witch, ect plot thing that is going on just leaves me confused as hell and frankly, bored.

Will the Universe just get confusing without reading all the books? It isn't like the 616 where there are 100000 books so losing one isn't a big deal. Not reading Ult Xmen would be losing 1/3 of the universe... My pull list is just so gigantic that I need to start cutting back some.

Thanks
    I would say keep reading until Brian Woods first book comes out. If its confusing drop it because its new ideas but I am sticking around for the kitty pryde terrorist story.

BANNED

I doubt you will miss much by dropping one book. I dropped both Ultimate X-Men and All-New Spider-Man and it hasn't affected reading Ultimates at all. In fact, so far Ultimates is the one who has affected the former two books.

Ultimates #5 tied into why Spider-Woman confronted Miles in his own book, and the People situation only showed up twice in X-Men. It is like they are self-contained but simultaneously connected in a way so reading one book is enough to enjoy what's happening.

If they tell you otherwise it is because they want your money.
    Last edited by MrV; 04-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post

Thanks
    I buy Ultimates every month and bought the first two X-Men and then none after that. I simply couldn't afford to keep both while on my quest to buy all the old Ultimate universe stories, but I haven't really missed a beat. Obviously, I would love to read the actual Ultimate X-Men issues and will most likley get back to buying it, but reading the spoilers on here and at this Ultimate Comics site I found (http://www.ultimatecomics.cba.pl/), you can save yourself the money and keep up with what's happening.

nahh

10charac

It might when the big crossover starts this summer. Right now you'll be fine.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It might when the big crossover starts this summer. Right now you'll be fine.
    freaking Marvel and their cross overs lol.

Hell, like 10% of the books i read in the 616 were due to this cross over coming up and I didn't want to be confused on anything :-\