Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the "from a single cell" thing is just one of those things that folks started mentioning that they started to be treated as fact on the internet.

His name probably didn't help.
    Nah, the "I can regenerate as long as a single cell exists" was part of the Funimation dub.

Funny thing is that Funimation had fixed a plot hole in Cell's explanation for his resurrection in the original manga/japanese dialogue considering that Goku had completely disintegrated Cell's head (where the membrane was located) and torso with the Instant Kamehameha.

I always figured that Cell could just move the thing around or something, to be honest.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Molecular level, actually - burning something to 'ash' doesn't actually change it at an atomic level, outside of the occasional electron moving around (for example, carbon atoms don't get reduced down to their components, or the like). But you're essentially correct. Strictly speaking, something being changed at a molecular level is actually suffering a more thorough change than something that is 'simply' torn apart and undergoing a change of state (from solid to vapour).
    Ah, right. Changes altering bonds between atoms during combustion occur on a molecular level, not an atomic level. I always confuse the relevant terminology. ^_^'

Thanks for the correction. :)
    Last edited by Sol M; 04-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.

I always loved Cell's expression after he regenerated. "This is the best day ever!"

Since this is a scenario match, I can see Piccolo eventually getting annoyed, kidnapping a few mid-low level ninja and forcing them to teach him their sealing techs, or just working on the Mafuuba until he masters it, assuming he hasn't already. It's not like there's anything the Naruto cast can do to catch up to him if he decides to take a short break.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I always loved Cell's expression after he regenerated. "This is the best day ever!"

Since this is a scenario match, I can see Piccolo eventually getting annoyed, kidnapping a few mid-low level ninja and forcing them to teach him their sealing techs, or just working on the Mafuuba until he masters it, assuming he hasn't already. It's not like there's anything the Naruto cast can do to catch up to him if he decides to take a short break.
    Arena, he has nowhere to go that's far enough without ringing himself out.

Arena, he has nowhere to go that's far enough without ringing himself out.
    Is it an arena fight? I thought when someone fights the X-verse, its actually taking place in their world with all their resources.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Only if the opening says so.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Can't Piccolo just throw most of them outside of the arena if need be?
    The only reason the alliance is winning is because most of the Edo zombies told their opponents how to counter their moves.
    Not true. Most of the zombies didn't tell them jack shit and in quite a few cases the tips didn't help the alliance at all (see Mizu-zombie and Rai-zombie). They're winning because they can seal the zombies away after they've damaged them enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Can't Piccolo just throw most of them outside of the arena if need be?
    They can come back though. Gravity powers, flight, meteor riding (this would be insanely awesome).

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    They can come back though. Gravity powers, flight, meteor riding (this would be insanely awesome).
    ...hm. Something tells me that this fight would be quite funny if it was abridged Piccolo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Is it an arena fight? I thought when someone fights the X-verse, its actually taking place in their world with all their resources.
    I always thought it was just everyone packed into the Arena, unless it was something like "Piccolo invades the Narutoverse" since an invasion implies preparation.

If he's invading then his chances go up, I'd also assume he'd have his henchmen and such.

This thread makes me wonder exactly how high up the DBZ food chain you'd need to go to find someone who can win this fight. Buu obviously could transmute the zombies.
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I always thought it was just everyone packed into the Arena, unless it was something like "Piccolo invades the Narutoverse" since an invasion implies preparation.

If he's invading then his chances go up, I'd also assume he'd have his henchmen and such.

This thread makes me wonder exactly how high up the DBZ food chain you'd need to go to find someone who can win this fight. Buu obviously could transmute the zombies.
    Kami-sama definitely knows the Mafuuba, and didn't seem to be notably winded by his efforts, so he should be able to do it after awhile, especially if he can bodyjack any ninja that might have a useful bloodline ability. Tenshinhan and Kamesennin also know that move, but they only know the suicidal version, though Ten may have learned Kami's version due to his move copying ability. Frieza (and maybe even pretty much any major big bad before him) at least could probably just blast/throw/TK them so far that the two gravity wielders wouldn't be able to reach anything to pull themselves back. In a scenario fight, Frieza'd just nuke the planet and blast anyone that's still floating around in the void at his leisure.

Come to think of it, if Piccolo is capable of creating an explosion that lasts more than 10 seconds (which probably wouldn't be much of a problem) he should be able to win by that method as well, if the others don't work. Or I guess he could just blast a large pit in the ground, start squishing the zombies into a giant ball of ashy flesh and cover the pit with something suitably heavy that they wouldn't be able to properly regenerate due to lack of space or something. Did we ever see what happens if you drop a giant boulder on a regular Edo Zombie? Does it reform outside of the boulder or start drilling a hole into it, or what? And can the zombies use their techs when they're mulched?