Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Archie's "New Crusaders" To Print

In our latest discussion with Archie Editorial Director Paul Kaminski, he describes the publisher's plans for print with the digital series "New Crusaders" while dropping hints of the future of Steel Sterling, the Web and the Jaguar.

Full article here.

I'm very happy to hear about this because the news so far had me hooked. I have nothing against digital--I think the more formats, the better--but I'm a print guy. It's just the format that I prefer.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I am really excited for this, I don't normally get single issues but this sounds like so much fun.

AT LAST!!! PRINT AT LAST!!! THANK YOU!!!!

z

YESSSSS!!!! A printed "New Crusaders"!!!!!!!!!! I sign for it!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

I have to agree with the other posters on this one. This is indeed some pretty nice news from what I can tell.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

And yet one more voice of assent about this. Glad to see it'll be available for us Luddites who have no interest in digital comics.

Default Indies: Archies New Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In our latest discussion with Archie Editorial Director Paul Kaminski, he describes the publisher's plans for print with the digital series "New Crusaders" while dropping hints of the future of Steel Sterling, the Web and the Jaguar.

Full article here.
    Oh Boy, you can see where this is headed to, Saturday Morning Cartoon land. More teenage superheroes in a High School setting.Exactly what the genre doesn't need right now.If I have the need for this sort of thing I'll follow Big Dog Ink's Critter.How about the increasing number of home schoolers and alternative schools? Public Ed High School isn't even relevant anymore with budgets across the nation on the verge of collapse.What a waste of Jaguar in particular.Just as well they don't have the rights to Fly.Maybe somebody will make something out of that.Any other Red Circle characters Archie lost that could be revived by somebody else?

Which other Red Circle characters did they lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Which other Red Circle characters did they lose?
    They only lost 2: The Fly and Lancelot Strong Shield. Both to their creator (or his estate) Joe Simon.

This is nice and all, but what I (and I think some others) would like would be some archive reprints of their old superhero stuff...

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    And yet one more voice of assent about this. Glad to see it'll be available for us Luddites who have no interest in digital comics.
    plus one...
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    STORM #1...(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez. July 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Oh Boy, you can see where this is headed to, Saturday Morning Cartoon land. More teenage superheroes in a High School setting.Exactly what the genre doesn't need right now.If I have the need for this sort of thing I'll follow Big Dog Ink's Critter.How about the increasing number of home schoolers and alternative schools? Public Ed High School isn't even relevant anymore with budgets across the nation on the verge of collapse.What a waste of Jaguar in particular.Just as well they don't have the rights to Fly.Maybe somebody will make something out of that.Any other Red Circle characters Archie lost that could be revived by somebody else?
    Technically, all of the golden-age versions of the characters are public domain and available (doesn't help you with the Jaguar or the concepts of the Black Hood being a multi-generational legacy hero ala the Phantom, helmet wearing Comet, Wizard and Hangman becoming bad guys, and the Web being a hen-pecked husband). Archie didn't renew the copyrights to any of their 1940s comics. Just have to be careful concerning the trademarks and changes from 1960s on up.

Quote Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
    This is nice and all, but what I (and I think some others) would like would be some archive reprints of their old superhero stuff...
    Me too, definitely!!

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Me too, definitely!!
    I would love to see some archive quality volumes of their golden age adventures. There's quite a bit they could do with the Shield and Hangman ... probably less so with other characters (which would make it easier to collect as "done in ones"). But other than that one tpb of the Shield there's nothing really there, which is a shame because: (1) that was a good collection, and (2) there are those of us who would love to see more.