Default For such a 50th anniversary of Spider-man's first appearance, Marvel sure did forget

These Spider-men of the past....

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-a...pider-men.html

I mean come on, Marvel throw us a bit of a bone here and couldn't you do variant covers based upon these Spider-men to fully celebrate the 50th year of your most celebrated hero ?

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Yeah, I read both India (Pavitr Prabhakar) and J (Sho Amano) on digital, as well as Porker's anniversary ish. I enjoyed India best of all. And Newsarama had the insight to mention this too:
    …but considering his origin sees him being granted powers by a Yogi so that he could fight demons, maybe he could give Peter some advice about what to do if he ever happens to run into Mephisto again, considering how that went down last time.
    Edit: The article missed out on the Mangaverse Spidey.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

You do know that there are still a LOT of months left in the year, right? ;-)

(Also... The 50th Anniversary of Spidey's 1st appearance is August. For getting that wrong, CMBMOOL, I'm adding 62 Spidey demerits to your permanent record.) :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post

(Also... The 50th Anniversary of Spidey's 1st appearance is August. For getting that wrong, CMBMOOL, I'm adding 62 Spidey demerits to your permanent record.) :-P
    Aww... just a minor mistake, as it seems that this year is a lot of anniversaries for many 1st appearance of Marvel characters.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Marvel Zombies Spidey should invade the MC2 Universe.

Now that's a 50th Anniversary.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Marvel Zombies Spidey should invade the MC2 Universe.

Now that's a 50th Anniversary.
    Marvel Zombie Spider-Man died in Zombies Return. As for the MC2 Universe, let it rest as its no longer relevant these days. And Mayday's Parker's story is finished. What surprised me was the fact that Stan Lee never used Mayday Parker for his daily Spider-Man comics strip. I could certainly see Mary Jane and Peter raising 7 year old May in the daily strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    Nope, sorry. A movie, a new cartoon, and multiple major publishing events aren't enough to celebrate the big 5-0.

I also want a pony.

Mayday meet the real Spidey in one of her earlier issues, and Miguel did too a while back. It probably would be a bigger deal than the current "Spider-Men" to have Tobey's Spidey and TAS version doing the crossover with the 616 Web-head since they're probably the most well known versions out there... and Miles with Drake Spidey could also be interesting...

I wouldn't mind seeing
    the current 616 Peter parker teaming with spider ham and the Marvel Apes Spider Monkey.
    Spider ham vs Zombie Spider.
    Spidergirl Mayday meets Venom (both petes daughters.)
    Pre OMD meets post OMD spiderman
    2099 and Spider noir.
    And an appearence of the Werewolf Spidey at the end of the Army of darkness x over

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne Ainsworth View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing
    the current 616 Peter parker teaming with spider ham and the Marvel Apes Spider Monkey.
    Spider ham vs Zombie Spider.
    Spidergirl Mayday meets Venom (both petes daughters.)
    Pre OMD meets post OMD spiderman
    2099 and Spider noir.
    And an appearence of the Werewolf Spidey at the end of the Army of darkness x over
    A comic version of Shattered Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    A comic version of Shattered Dimensions

That would be kind of cool.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Marvel missed the real 50th anniversary for Hulk. Guess Hulk fans will just have to settle for a major role in The Avengers movie, being a member in the Avengers EMH cartoon, a new Hulk cartoon that will come on at some point in the future, a live-action Hulk TV show and hopefully another Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner.

(This is in addition to being in the major success Avengers Assemble comic and the new Jason Aaron relaunch and what have you.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel missed the real 50th anniversary for Hulk. Guess Hulk fans will just have to settle for a major role in The Avengers movie, being a member in the Avengers EMH cartoon, a new Hulk cartoon that will come on at some point in the future, a live-action Hulk TV show and hopefully another Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner.

(This is in addition to being in the major success Avengers Assemble comic and the new Jason Aaron relaunch and what have you.)

Well Marvel did rescheduled the entire "Hulk Smash Avengers" mini series for May to coincide with the Avengers movie and the Hulk's anniversary. Doesn't that count for something ?