Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

If crushing the empire meant that US was still the top dog and they we're still the minor forces out there compared to US, how on earth would you consider the USA as the one who lost?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    If crushing the empire meant that US was still the top dog and they we're still the minor forces out there compared to US, how on earth would you consider the USA as the one who lost?
    The US isn't the top dog anymore after Hickman's done with it. Hickman's brought it all back, better.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Since Germany and Japan "survived" World War II and are doing well today, clearly they won it.
    No, because they both surrendered. The Ultimates didn't surrender, they beat the Liberators, the group that infiltrated and executed an attack upon their country. Winning a few battles is not the same thing as winning a war. If you really want to use a WWII analogy, look at Pearl Harbor. Sure, the US lost at that moment, but the allied forces won the War.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The US isn't the top dog anymore after Hickman's done with it. Hickman's brought it all back, better.
    Under Hickman the US isn't top dog, but they were at the end of Ultimates 2. This isn't about Hickman's run. Under Millar, the US still had command of the world's most powerful superheroes. Even though they weren't working directly with SHIELD, the Ultimates were still in place to defend America.

Avengers vs Ultimates is something much more similar to the end result that you're saying Ultimates 2 had. In that, the Ultimates still won, but their win in Korea was planned by Greg Stark as a distraction so he could "win" in the Middle East. However, America still won at the end, and they had an even stronger hold on worldwide superhuman politics, as they then had multiple Triskelion locations built around the globe.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Wow, I'm new to the Ultimate Universe. I have been following Ultimate Spider-man from the beginning, and I just purchased the Ultimates Ultimate Collection volumes 1 & 2 by Millar - besides that I am lost . I wanted to kinda catch up for this event - what should I read to prepare for the event? What trades would you recommend?
    "Ready When You Are" - Batman

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by nsiops View Post
    Wow, I'm new to the Ultimate Universe. I have been following Ultimate Spider-man from the beginning, and I just purchased the Ultimates Ultimate Collection volumes 1 & 2 by Millar - besides that I am lost . I wanted to kinda catch up for this event - what should I read to prepare for the event? What trades would you recommend?
    Probably buy the ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES BY JONATHAN HICKMAN VOL. 1 Hardcover. That will keep you up with the event that is about to happen. There are other issues to read but this is the most important right now. and then buy the single issues up to 8 which just came out. And then you will be set for the event by reading monthly. But if you want the full reading order list. Its here. http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Reading-Order
    Last edited by sage6paths; 04-16-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsiops View Post
    Like sage6paths said, I would definitely recommend reading everything with the order he posted. Then again, I'm the guy who made that list, so I suppose I'm a little biased. I want EVERYONE to read all of the Ultimate Universe!

But as for the upcoming Divided We Fall event, all you really need to have read is everything from after Death of Spider-man, which would be Ultimates (by Hickman) #1-9, Ultimate X-Men (by Spencer) #1-10, Ultimate Spider-man (with Miles) #1-9, and Ultimate Hawkeye #1-4.

I'd also recommend checking out as much of the original Ultimate X-Men run as possible, because it will give you some backstory on characters like Kitty Pryde, Rogue, and Jean Grey.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

If you look at the teaser pic for it. It looks like Iron man and Thor are dead and blue lights go from them to all the electrical and human things around them. I think that Thor and Iron man using the arc reactor tech., will possess all of the nimrod sentinels and shield agents. Remember Thor has all of the souls of his asgardian bros and sisters in him. Maybe Stryker is not completely dead yet, and his soul is possessing all of the nimrod sentinels. Thats just my thought on it tho.