Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    "Hm. What to wear today. Evil suit...slightly-less evil suit..."
    Yea maybe A evil symboite gets a hold of him

Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billium 3 View Post
    It's funny, but the black costume was originally going to be just like this, with red instead of white. I don't think they went through with it because the colors bled into each other thanks to the ink and printing techniques of the times.
    Really? I didn't know that, that's interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Very good!
    Thank you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    It doesn't exactly scream Scarlet Spider to me, too much black. Although, it does look pretty cool. I also don't get what you mean by "childish" and "mature" appearance. If you think his current appearance makes him look like a hero for kids...well, I just don't see it. Also, don't forget that in the latest issue he seriously maims three people and the costume has no bearing on that at all.

Besides, being too concerned with this sort of childish vs. mature thing is what teens and kids do anyway. It's like how 12-year-olds flock to Call of Duty to try to prove how grown up and cool they are, while actual adults have no problem playing Super Mario Galaxy because they know a quality game when they see one, regardless of how "childish" it may appear on the outside. Or how a 13-year-old girl will just pile as much makeup onto her face as she can in an attempt to look like a woman, when an actual woman can apply it tastefully, because she's got experience, and more importantly, she's got nothing to prove (maturity-wise).
    Ok, valid point, let me allaborate on it. I grew up on the nineties with the clone saga, and Kaine's look was pretty creepy, showing the degenation on his body. Then the bearded look was really cool showing a man who is hiding his face. It's not that I don't like this suit, I do, but when I see him cutting of a leg and breaking hands I started thinking that a more menacing suit could fit him perfectly. That kind of violence is exactly what I was expecting from kaine and I loved it. But I couldn't help but think a bit of deadpool seeing al the red, and I think the scarlet spider on his chest proves this point.

BUt again, very good points sir!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Anyway! The black and red is cool, yes, but a touch too evil.

Kaine is trying, in his own messed up way, to be a hero now.
    I know, and I agree on the hero thing, I remember reading several posts when arguing about the suits for Spidey that the black one fitted him perfectly to scare the "bad guys", so seeing one that is bleeding should make the dump in their pants. And seeing how Kaine fights I think it fits him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I like this suit. but I like the one he's got now too. I have no problem with it really.

RE: Childish. See Sig.
    I like that quote, hadn't heard it before and it's true. I explained on an earlier post what I meant by childish, let me know what you think.

BANNED

I wouldn't mind kaine having alternate suits . A space suit? A under water suit? Iron man meets the spidey world!

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    I don't think using paint's bucket fill to red the white on the Black Suit would be much progress.

I do agree that more black could be good, but as it stands, Kaine's current outfit works very well for being Scarlet Spider.
    Well, to tell you the truth it's not as simple as Paint Bucket. It was pen selection tool, convert it into a path, desaturate so the shadows don't go blue, fill on the Balance with color rerd on Shadows, Midtones and Highlights. Then play with the leves and cut a bit of the distortion it generates. But I think the professionals at Marvel could do a better job.

Plus one really important thing is that I like the actual suit, and I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just a thought I had that I wanted to share. And also I mentioned some small changes on it would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Yea maybe A evil symboite gets a hold of him
    Lol at evil suite! And I also think it looks great

Just another fan-girl~ OkieDokiLoki's Avatar

I don't know if wearing all that black is a good idea in hot sunny Texas. I'm sure Kaine's sweating a lot already in the suit he has now. XD;
    Pull list: Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Scarlet Spider, Defenders, Uncanny X-Force, JiM, W&TXM, Swamp Thing, i Vampire, Adventure Time, Snarked, Avengers vs X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDokiLoki View Post
    I don't know if wearing all that black is a good idea in hot sunny Texas. I'm sure Kaine's sweating a lot already in the suit he has now. XD;
    Yeah, maybe he should be the Chrome Spider instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    Yeah, maybe he should be the Chrome Spider instead.
    I'd prefer Safari spider

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman 1 View Post
    I like that quote, hadn't heard it before and it's true. I explained on an earlier post what I meant by childish, let me know what you think.
    To that, I would remind you that Red is the color of Aggression and dominance, and his suit is already Red and Black. Red being the dominant color is, to me, more interesting, especially since he's called the "Scarlet" spider, not "black" or "shadow" spider. He's still got plenty of black on his outfit, he's just mostly red (and I'll also add I enjoy that he has a different pattern than the other Spdier-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I wouldn't mind kaine having alternate suits . A space suit? A under water suit? Iron man meets the spidey world!
    Let's....not do that.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

How about this costume for him? It would be a throw back to Ben Reilly(in memory of) and still look similar to what he is wearing now.

Oh and the disclaimer is this is not my design, nor do I own the rights to it or making any profit off of it.

http://blacktoe.deviantart.com/art/S...etch-130635957

Quote Originally Posted by rdfnd1253 View Post
    How about this costume for him? It would be a throw back to Ben Reilly(in memory of) and still look similar to what he is wearing now.

Oh and the disclaimer is this is not my design, nor do I own the rights to it or making any profit off of it.

http://blacktoe.deviantart.com/art/S...etch-130635957
    I kinda like that too, but I still think the one we got is superior. The red is nice, but it has enough black to tone the outfit down a bit.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis