Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haunt Thread

Considering dropping this book after last issue. Such a shame, it was so fucking good when Kurkman/Capullo was the team on this.

Last weeks comics finally got delivered!

Loved it! Think this is the best the art has been. Nathan seems to have found his groove.

I dropped this book after issue #18. Didn't care for the art (it's just not for me) and Casey has driven me away from a couple of books in the past, so I knew when to leave.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

If i'm dropping the book it's because of the story, not the art, even tho it's not really my taste.

What dont you like exactly? Not that im stirring s***, im just curious. Ive really been liking where Caseys taking things and i think his dialogues strong. The last 4 or so issues of Kirkmans run were fairly bad imo and i think the books improved greatly from a narrative standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    What dont you like exactly? Not that im stirring s***, im just curious. Ive really been liking where Caseys taking things and i think his dialogues strong. The last 4 or so issues of Kirkmans run were fairly bad imo and i think the books improved greatly from a narrative standpoint.
    When Capullo left I wa gonna drop it immediatley, but then thought about giving the new team a chance. I dropped it on issue 20 mostly for the art. Just not my thing so much colorful s**t flying around and everything blowing up a la Michael Bay. Also, the thing with a super Vatican City with super soldiers and super secret everything isn't my stuff. Also, no Capullo anymore. Maybe it does get explained eventually, maybe the agency does come back eventually, maybe it becomes a great comic eventually.
    But I'm not paying my hard earned money for an "eventually".

I loved Haunt with Kirkman and Capullo but can't stand Nathan Fox's art! It is the exact opposite of the highly detailed work we saw with Capullo and does the book no justice. His sloppy, impressionist/psychedelic style turns me off like a switch.
    Does anyone know when his run will be up? I hate to walk away from a title that I have previously enjoyed so much but if Fox stays on this book much longer I am gone and sure that it won't last much longer anyway.

Funny this thread was created just when I pulled out all my Haunt comics to go over them again. I only have issues #1 to #16. I was going to grab the others later but after I learned Capullo left Haunt, I was like aawwwww COME ON! I enjoyed Ryan Ottley's art in the first few issues, but Greg is my man! So I was thrilled when Greg got on it.
    When I saw Nathan's art, though I think Nathan is a wonderfully talented artist in his own right, I'll be frank, it just didn't work for me. So much crazy stuff happening everywhere and I myself couldn't really tell what was happening. There was no harmonious balance in his work. Either too much black or too much white splitting in all directions.. agghh!!! So that did it for me with Haunt. I'm going to pick up the last issues Greg worked on and call it quits. McFarlane really needs to find a bad ass rock and roll artist to get on it. There's gotta be someone out there who will do Haunt justice. I was starting to like that character as an alternative to Spawn.

BTW, did you guys see that new Haunt statue McFarlane is pulling out of the darkness?! Soooo awesome!
    Last edited by Jaxon; 05-06-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Funny this thread was created just when I pulled out all my Haunt comics to go over them again. I only have issues #1 to #16. I was going to grab the others later but after I learned Capullo left Haunt, I was like aawwwww COME ON! I enjoyed Ryan Ottley's art in the first few issues, but Greg is my man! So I was thrilled when Greg got on it.
    When I saw Nathan's art, though I think Nathan is a wonderfully talented artist in his own right, I'll be frank, it just didn't work for me. So much crazy stuff happening everywhere and I myself couldn't really tell what was happening. There was no harmonious balance in his work. Either too much black or too much white splitting in all directions.. agghh!!! So that did it for me with Haunt. I'm going to pick up the last issues Greg worked on and call it quits. McFarlane really needs to find a bad ass rock and roll artist to get on it. There's gotta be someone out there who will do Haunt justice. I was starting to like that character as an alternative to Spawn.

BTW, did you guys see that new Haunt statue McFarlane is pulling out of the darkness?! Soooo awesome!
    I have seen that statue, It is pretty awesome! I'm glad its more of old Haunt and he didn't make a acid wash looking haunt like we have now.
    Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post

Yeah, it is a shame that they let somebody like Fox come to this book and run us all off. I am truly hoping that they get a new artist on this thing quickly so it doesn't get cancelled but it may just be too late even if they do. My suggestion for the savior artist is Jerome Opena!

Chasing the tail of dogma

I dropped it a few issues into the Casey run. I like most of Caseys work but I don't like the sudden change of direction this title took. It's a shame because it had some momentum going.

Have any of you actually figured out what is on #23 cover? If so, did you do it without dropping some acid?

Here is the cover for issue 24. Looks like crap.

Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahPLG View Post
    Here is the cover for issue 24. Looks like crap.

I'll drink to that!

I think most of us cling on to a book in hoping that it'll get better.But I'm over that and this book.Shame.