Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haunt Thread

Default Haunt Thread

No one made a thread for Haunt 23 so instead of making a tread for every issue, thought might as well make a thread for all Haunt talk. So here it is.

Issue 23 came out this week.

I'm still so not digging the art on this! I thought issue 22 was great and was hoping it would stay like that but it was only a guest artist. Nathan Fox's art style is just too "acid wash" its hard to tell wtf is going on. As for the story, its getting better but still not great. Two more issues till #25, thats where I may hop off this book if the next two issues don't wow me. What do you guys think?
    Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

Havnt read 23 yet but im loving the direction the books going in and i think the art improves with every issue. One of my favourite books right now.

I still cant get over the art. I have a hard time telling whats going on in some panels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shogun View Post
    I still cant get over the art. I have a hard time telling whats going on in some panels.
    Me either. And the story couldn't compensate for what is amongst my least favorite art I've read in a comic. So I dropped this book after issue 22. I tried to give the new team a shot and kept it for about 3 more issues than I was planning but I finally couldn't take it any more.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

I'm surprise how much I enjoyed the first run of the book, and I mostly took the time to read it because of interest in the Kelly/Fox stuff. But a few issues into their run I can't make heads or tails of what is going on. I know they were given free reign to do what they wanted, but I feel like it was such a big departure it's a little jarring.

I do like Fox's art, but the story is so WTF. I am wondering if Casey is going to come around and tie back to the previous run.

I read Vol 1 & 2. I loved it. It was actually the first 2 trades I bought! Picked up #19. Looks like an impressionist painting. It looked cool, but I have no idea what is going on in half of the panels. I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

LOVE the art, like I've said before, has a great kinetic, chaotic, Paul Pope vibe to it.

Also, Nathan's art isn't always as "messy" or "acid"

Check out his Florescent Black

The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I do like Fox's art, but the story is so WTF. I am wondering if Casey is going to come around and tie back to the previous run.
    Really? What dont you get about it? I think the stories been leagues better since the new team.
    Stuff will tie back eventually. Mirage is already confirmed for a return. Theyre not just gonna get rid of the whole secret agency thing and leave it unexplained forever, have patience man.

I have a hard time liking kurt, dude was cheating on his wife with like 2-3 other girls right? Also in this issue that WAS his wife he was creeping on right?

Yeah that was Amanda.
    I dont think your supposed to particularly like Kurt. Hes just a regular person (albeit a ghost of a former black ops agent), warts and all.
    Though he has been acting a bit dickish towards Daniel latly, though Todds said the reason for this will be explained.

I also didnt like that they killed Sarah (thats her name right?), should have kept her around longer.

You mean Autumn? The girlfriend?
    Yeah i woulda liked her to stick ariund a bit longer too. Theres some speculation going around that Lady Haunt might be her, but im not sure how that would work exactly, who would she be bonded too? :S

Autumn was the prostitue right? For some reason i have a hard time remembering anything thats happened in this series. I first read Haunt up to issue 12ish then stopped for a while. I reread it from the beginning again until i caught up but i still cant remember names.

I think the guest artist on issue 22 was great and it was a well written back story. I wish that art would have stayed.
    Check out this sweet comic coming in 2013!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Throwb...889?ref=stream

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Rereading this, the artwork and coloring for this issue it top fucking notch! Fox and Ivan killed it
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!