Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    yes but the avengers arent bloody threatening hope they just need to take her off world so the God damn firebird doesnt burn this planet to a cinder along with whats left off the mutants!
    they threatened hope and every other mutant on that island when they showed up with the air force and anti-mutant weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they threatened hope and every other mutant on that island when they showed up with the air force and anti-mutant weaponry.
    The only thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't bring Sentinels.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Captain America is beating up Magneto. That just shows how off base you are. No one is going to listen to Mags if he can't even beat that feeb. Remember that Cyke blasted Cap off Cyke's island. Who's crazy now?

The Void has nothing to do with this.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

The Avengers have and always will be Marvel's elite team of villains.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Fod_xp is right. All of you stop being marks to the business and see this for what it really is. This is a marketing ploy that the writers hope to tell a good story around. It's not a good story that's written around a marketing ploy.
    Well, yes. I've been saying that since it was announced. DC was beating out Marvel badly, sales were dropping, and they wanted to recapture their place on the charts. Hence, they're capitalising on the Avengers movie to give all of their books a "push."

I tend to see myself as a smark when it comes to these things, to extend your wrestling fan metaphor. I know precisely what Marvel's doing, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it and find it ridiculous fun anyway.

~Desperate Househusband~ Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    I actually like this. Remember we all hated the preview for #1, too, then liked it when it came out. Sure, Scott's jumping to conclusions, but after all the government's done to mutants, his viewpoint is certainly understandable.
    His viewpoint is dead on, his dialog is wonky. Damn you Bendis, I was a staunch supporter, but this is aggravating.
    Cyclops was RIGHT!

BANNED

They Dont have a god damned choice, what part of earth burning to a cinder do you and psycho bitch cyclops not understand!

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    His viewpoint is dead on, his dialog is wonky. Damn you Bendis, I was a staunch supporter, but this is aggravating.
    This is actually Jason Aaron.

They Dont have a god damned choice, what part of earth burning to a cinder do you and psycho bitch cyclops not understand!
    The phoenix has been part or in full on 616 earth many times and for prolonged periods of time. Earth was never in danger.

I refuse to believe Aaron wrote this dialogue. It's so bad. Who was the last writer that was this bad with dialogue? Larry Hamas? Liefeld?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    His viewpoint is dead on
    actualy its not, the avengers have no wish to harm hope or keep her from fufilling her purpose, but at the same time they CAN NOT risk the the bird burning the planet to cinders, witch is alot more damn likley if hope becomes its host than her magicly rebirthing the mutants

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    The phoenix has been part or in full on 616 earth many times and for prolonged periods of time. Earth was never in danger.
    hahahaha tell that to the Age of X Universe
    Last edited by Movieartman; 04-13-2012 at 07:24 AM.

BANNED

they absolutely had a choice. they could have started with going to cyclops about the situation first. they could have left the air force at home. they could have done a hundred other things than backing the x-men into a corner. they didn't show up at wolverine's school with a helicarrier, did they?

no they are really trying all that hard.

Scott has been insane for the last five years. He has cracked under the pressure.
    Cyclops ad portas

Like all those other times Phoenix visited earth and burnt it to a cinder? Oh wait..