Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I think Cyclops's craziness is being caused by a combination of stress and the influence of the Void fragment in his mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post
    I think it's that Gillen's been playing his neurosis with nuance and class. Aaron comes along and Cyclops is practically wearing a sandwich board to match his messiah rant.
    are you surprised? jason aaron isn't going to make any money off of wolverine and the x-men unless he can make cyclops look crazy.

anyway, he failed. cyclops is in the right here. i can't believe iron man is worried about looking like a bully. i hope colossus crashes that navy ship into the sea so that namor can drown them all.

He is not crazy, he is just trying to shake Ororo out of her Avengers brainwashing. Steve clearly was hoping she would take off and try to throw Scott off his game.

Storm's "Versus" Installment will consist of she and T'Challa sitting back at Wakanda in a typical domestic dispute.

And then Thing'll show up and insinuate that her hair is fake.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Norj View Post
    I think Cyclops's craziness is being caused by a combination of stress and the influence of the Void fragment in his mind.
    Are you saying that the Phoenix is coming to fight the Void? I think you're projecting.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

BANNED

luke cage has got a lot of nerve to talk. didn't he have almost the exact same reaction when his kid was threatened?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    It was interesting to see Wolverine in with the Avengers on this round. Like someone else said, I wonder what will make him switch to the X-Men side. My guess is that the school will get sucked into it and he'll go on the defensive. /shrug
    Apparently Wolverine and Captain America come to blows next issue, so whatever it is that causes him to switch sides happens either in this issue or the beginning of the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Are you saying that the Phoenix is coming to fight the Void? I think you're projecting.
    I don't think Norj was suggesting that (though I'm sure Norj will correct me if I'm wrong) I think he's just suggesting that Cyclop's ''crasy'' behaviour is to do with the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Norj View Post
    Which is the same theory my friend has.

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

I actually like this. Remember we all hated the preview for #1, too, then liked it when it came out. Sure, Scott's jumping to conclusions, but after all the government's done to mutants, his viewpoint is certainly understandable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    luke cage has got a lot of nerve to talk. didn't he have almost the exact same reaction when his kid was threatened?
    yes but the avengers arent bloody threatening hope they just need to take her off world so the God damn firebird doesnt burn this planet to a cinder along with whats left off the mutants!

Quote Originally Posted by merc View Post
    What you are describing here would be completely out of character for Rogers. Just because there are easier ways to win does not make them the appropriate course of action. I do agree with you teleporting Hope off Utopia immediately, but the synopsis says: And What Choice Will Hope Make That Will Change The Direction And Scope Of The Conflict Dramatically? so I guess she sticks around to have a tantrum.

New Avengers 24 ends with a final panel of optic blast red. I was soo hoping for a get off my lawn by Cyke. May still happen though..
    I hope that the choice she makes is to go and wake up her daddy so he can kick some Avengers ass. But maybe that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I don't think Norj was suggesting that (though I'm sure Norj will correct me if I'm wrong) I think he's just suggesting that Cyclop's ''crasy'' behaviour is to do with the Void.
    No, he/she definitely was. I'm the only one brave enough to call her/him on it.

BANNED

When Magneto is the best bloody voice of reason in panel besides Storm you damn well know cyclops is freaking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    When Magneto is the best bloody voice of reason in panel besides Storm you damn well know cyclops is freaking crazy.
    Captain America is beating up Magneto. That just shows how off base you are. No one is going to listen to Mags if he can't even beat that feeb. Remember that Cyke blasted Cap off Cyke's island. Who's crazy now?

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    The real reason for AvX team fighting in definitely a marketing strategy for the upcoming Avengers movie. What better way to get potential new readers hooked on not just the Avengers but also the X-Men? Simple: Avengers versus X-Men and tying the whole event around one of the most mainstream aspects of the X-Men featured in both the Movies and the various Television cartoons: The Phoenix. This just screams marketing gimmick all over it.
    Fod_xp is right. All of you stop being marks to the business and see this for what it really is. This is a marketing ploy that the writers hope to tell a good story around. It's not a good story that's written around a marketing ploy.

Also as for how Cyke is written, did you all not learn anything from how he was written over the top in Onslaught? Is this really any different?
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.