Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 611
  1. #31
    Creamy Pink Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Traveling
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    I can't wait to see Pixie, Emma, Surge, Dazzler, Magma, Domino, Storm, Transonic, and Danger kick some Avenger ass.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

  2. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a pirate ship
    Posts
    17,664

    Default

    I don't know what you people are bitching about. This looks great. Of course Magma and Sunspot would be called in. They're heavy hitters when needed to be. And Cyclops doesn't seem crazy at all. He seems desperate, which he's been for several years. It's perfectly fine. And we don't know that this is the first page. In my mind, Storm arrive, blows the hellicarrier back, lands and join Scott and co and then we get the panels we see. Just relax and stop being wretched shrews.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Stopu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    I still don't understand what chances do the avengers or their writers think they have.
    Go Erik.

  4. #34
    I'm telling mother. Joffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    It does look fun. I was excited as a kid when Colossus joined the Acolytes thinking Mags would use him as a weapon, so it's nice to see that finally happen.

  5. #35
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    For what it's worth, the Avengers started this mess with their own crazy (Scarlet Witch).

    Despite the less than stellar dialogue, and his messiah comment, doesn't Cyclops have a point though?

    The Avengers KNOW how important Hope is to the X-Men. Yet they have no problem bringing the whole damn Avengers (not a small strike force, mind you) in a fuckin' Helicarrier with multiple fighter jets, and Scott is the crazy one?

    I don't know about you, but someone comes to my house looking for my kid with an army behind them....well, we've got problems.

    The mutants have been jerked around with enough. At what point do they STAND up for themselves and push back a little? I think the breaking point is now (i.e. you're living on an island and your race has been reduced to under 200 because of a BATSHIT crazy Avenger).

  6. #36
    Ain't no Snowflake yanapryde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis!
    Posts
    14,022

    Default

    I don't even really care about Surge or Loa that much but I would LOVE seeing them fuq over a few Avengers in this issue.
    I recall several of them falling to the sea? Perhaps Loa can use her water-breathing to keep them from making it to the surface? Or maybe Surge can add a little 'charge' to the water they're tredding?
    cpjudd.com

    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

  7. #37
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,205

    Default

    I don't think he sounds crazy here. Though I do hope they give non-X-Men readers some context this issue and explain that Scott's aso motivated by what Cable told him, which is the Avengers can't get Hope or the future is doomed.

    Go, Colossus.

  8. #38
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I don't know what you people are bitching about. This looks great. Of course Magma and Sunspot would be called in. They're heavy hitters when needed to be. And Cyclops doesn't seem crazy at all. He seems desperate, which he's been for several years. It's perfectly fine. And we don't know that this is the first page. In my mind, Storm arrive, blows the hellicarrier back, lands and join Scott and co and then we get the panels we see. Just relax and stop being wretched shrews.
    Yes, it does make sense that Magma and Sunspot would be called in. But that's not what's being presented here. Magma was on the sidelines of AvX #1 as if she lives on Utopia. It's not a major issue by any means (we can easily convince ourselves that she and 'Berto were just visiting), only it seems a little out of place. Especially when several writers and editors have claimed that New Mutants will be sitting the whole thing out entirely because they're concurrently tied up in Exiled. Clearly they're only there to be nice wallpaper, which again, is not a problem - I wouldn't expect them as C-listers to be anything more.

    I also agree that there's absolutely nothing here that seems extreme, or out of character for Cyclops. He's defending his own against an unprovoked, reactionary invasion based on hysteria and misinformation. He's certainly doing the right thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I don't even really care about Surge or Loa that much but I would LOVE seeing them fuq over a few Avengers in this issue.
    I recall several of them falling to the sea? Perhaps Loa can use her water-breathing to keep them from making it to the surface? Or maybe Surge can add a little 'charge' to the water they're tredding?
    Judging by the previews for Avengers Academy, unfortunately the only thing it looks like they'll be doing is getting forced into Avengers custody.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Slant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    lol "There are children inside that building"

    What exactly are the Avengers planning on taking again? A child.

  10. #40
    Fish Out of Water Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    True, but then AvX would be a single shot issue and how would Marvel be able to bleed more money from us then? :)
    I was kind of hoping that, since they'd done an interview describing Captain America as the foremost military mind, he'd come up with some well thought out strategy: perhaps lure away most of the extinction team (or just wait for most of them to leave the island as they apparently often do - just see recent x-men legacy), then attack. Maybe try stealth inflitration first and either knock out the teleporters or directly kidnap Hope, lest Cyclops just have her teleported to some undisclosed location at the first sign of trouble.

    Do something, anything a little more sophisticated than just show up with all the homies and throw down. Especially when the X-Men have people like magneto who can reduce your carrier to confetti in seconds, or like Pixie and Magik who can ruin the entire point of the invasion by removing any chance of capturing Hope.

    I'm sure doing all that would actually stretch the story out rather than shrinking it, therefore if anything scoring Marvel extra $$ :p

  11. #41
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    And what's with Wolverine's "I've been trying to tell anybody who'd listen" comment?

    You sound like a little snitch saying "I told you Cyclops was crazy!! I TOLD YOU GUYSSSS!!!"

    I love Wolverine. I really do...but the more I read I read him in this event the more respect I lose for him.

  12. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nash-Vegas TN
    Posts
    108

    Default

    The dialouge is a little messy but we all knew that was coming. Im just enjoying this for what it is. A dumbed down beat fest. And the Magneto/Colossus fastball special was just full of fuckin' awesome! This my first event Ill read as its going on since returning to comics. Dang I guess my first since Secret Wars 2. Suddenly I feel very old....

  13. #43

    Default

    I actually enjoy the theory that Cyclops has just lost his damn mind, snapped under the pressures of leadership which Whedon established was not a natural role for him, or through losing Jean yet again. It makes so much more sense than seeing it as an organic progression for him.

    I also enjoy the panel where Spidey says the title of the Crossover. That's always my favorite moment in a movie or book.

    Beyond that, this whole thing is a super-ridiculous medieval melee, and I'm rather liking it.

  14. #44
    Space Cockroach nate-grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    I've been interested in this title for months for the sheer possibility of what it could turn out to be, but have been expecting disappointment in the back of my head. However, this preview has me thinking "Holy S@#$, this might actually happen!" Granted, Cyclops is going a bit melodramatic, but whatever it takes to get these two teams into a no holds barred conflict is ok with me. This is going to be one helluva summer action book by the looks of it.

  15. #45
    Junior Member merc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    For what it's worth, the Avengers started this mess with their own crazy (Scarlet Witch).

    ...
    I don't know about you, but someone comes to my house looking for my kid with an army behind them....well, we've got problems.

    ....
    This. No matter if they are wearing a flag, and polite enough to hide their army.

    Quote Originally Posted by Herring View Post
    I was kind of hoping that, since they'd done an interview describing Captain America as the foremost military mind, he'd come up with some well thought out strategy: perhaps lure away most of the extinction team (or just wait for most of them to leave the island as they apparently often do - just see recent x-men legacy), then attack. Maybe try stealth inflitration first and either knock out the teleporters or directly kidnap Hope, lest Cyclops just have her teleported to some undisclosed location at the first sign of trouble.

    Do something, anything a little more sophisticated than just show up with all the homies and throw down. Especially when the X-Men have people like magneto who can reduce your carrier to confetti in seconds, or like Pixie and Magik who can ruin the entire point of the invasion by removing any chance of capturing Hope.

    I'm sure doing all that would actually stretch the story out rather than shrinking it, therefore if anything scoring Marvel extra $$ :p
    What you are describing here would be completely out of character for Rogers. Just because there are easier ways to win does not make them the appropriate course of action. I do agree with you teleporting Hope off Utopia immediately, but the synopsis says: • And What Choice Will Hope Make That Will Change The Direction And Scope Of The Conflict Dramatically? so I guess she sticks around to have a tantrum.


    New Avengers 24 ends with a final panel of optic blast red. I was soo hoping for a get off my lawn by Cyke. May still happen though..

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •