Default Deadpool #54 *Spoilers*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uHAB.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	91640

Spoilers from psylocke-butterfly Blog: http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...-spoilers.html

This cover and next issue's cover are very funny even if they are doing the same gag, well, to death. Inside... not so funny.

I hate the 2-dimensional take on Logan 'Let's kill Wade cuz its whats gotta be done' Howlett. However, the take Hydra 'Give me a last name' Bob was okay in it's warped way and it was the only thing that salvaged the story that can't end soon enough. At least Tombstone gets an overdue showcase appearance.

The lightning bolt is missing from AoA-Kurt's eye on the last page which is probably just a Editor/Artist misstep. Yet, it did spark the question - has there been any story connecting if there is any connection to the Red Dawn Psylocke look?

This wasn't one of the funniest deadpool issues, but you gotta admit it was a damn solid issue with a bunch of new info.. Deadpool might have lost his healing factor, the serum doesn't work on just any mutant, and Bob is finally taking a stand against deadpool. Another great thing this issue deserves credit for is the huge illustrations on every page. It's a cool style and the artwork is really good. I admit there's not much story there though and they probably could have wrapped this arc up in fewer issues

Wolverine is as stupid as always.

Regardless, we don't know what Daniel has in store so can't comment much.

I truly hope Wade isn't gone after this as Remender is working wonders with him in X-Force.
    Logic > You

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel View Post
    I truly hope Wade isn't gone after this as Remender is working wonders with him in X-Force.
    and Marvel can still milk some cash off of Deadpool as well
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    and Marvel can still milk some cash off of Deadpool as well
    Yes. Like they don't do that with every other property as well. As for Deadpool #54 *spoilers*:

Daniel Way threw us a curve ball. I really should have seen it coming, and yet . . .

I think it's safe to say this is going to be a polarizing issue. However, I think it's important to point out that Deadpool losing his powers could be the game changer Deadpool fans have been craving. Absolutely anything Daniel Way could have done would cause the fans to bitch- thus is the nature of the fanboys. For me, I think he should have done this 25 issues ago, at least. Better late than never.

To people who aren't normally into Deadpool, there may be an appeal to him without his seemingly limitless regenerative ability.

Is the handsomely depicted guy Deadpool? What happened? I thought he was a hideous freak...who is the NEW Deadpool?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Is the handsomely depicted guy Deadpool? What happened? I thought he was a hideous freak...who is the NEW Deadpool?
    The same guy without the healing factor.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Just another fan-girl~ OkieDokiLoki's Avatar

I'm thinking normal!Deadpool is only gunna be around for like 10 issues. Then he'll be back to his old lumpy self. .-.;
    ...he DOES look hella handsome tho. xD;
    Pull list: Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Scarlet Spider, Defenders, Uncanny X-Force, JiM, W&TXM, Swamp Thing, i Vampire, Adventure Time, Snarked, Avengers vs X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDokiLoki View Post
    I'm thinking normal!Deadpool is only gunna be around for like 10 issues. Then he'll be back to his old lumpy self. .-.;
    ...he DOES look hella handsome tho. xD;
    There is no normal Deadpool. Normal people don't call themselves Deadpool and shoot people for money. I mean, you wouldn't call Batman normal would you?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm on board for now, but unless I am for some reason blown away by the next 10 issues or so (I agree with that part) I'm hoping they have a new writer when or if Deadpool's healing factor kicks back on. It would be a good place to pass the buck.