Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GarageGlamorous View Post
    Not really feeling Gwen lately.
    Yeah I agree, she comes off as a bit contradictory to herself. I mean, she's not that big of a character regardless, so whatever, doesn't really bother me.

This was one of my favorite issues so far. It has seemingly gotten over the melodrama and is just handing out a fun romp about thievery.

Aww, nobody's talking about this one.

I liked it. It felt kind of like a set-up for two major plots (Court of Owls next issue and Dollhouse in #10) more than anything else. As I said with the preview, I liked the intro burglary, it really felt like something straight out of her 90s series with Moench. Even though it was all Gwen's doing, I like the idea that Catwoman seems to have moles all over the city to tip her off, it makes her seem more important and like more of a threat. I hope it's expanded upon in upcoming issues. My only real complaint is the bikini at the start, it seemed a bit unneeded. Over-sexualization in this book strikes again. Oh well, at least it was over as soon as it started.

No real complaints this round.
    4.5/5
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

Yeah, I liked this issue too. I was considering dropping this title, but the current storyline and the tie in to Court of Owls is enough to keep me reading for a while longer. I'm interested in seeing some Cat/Penguin interaction.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

Really liked this issue and the art was great. I'm a little in love with Spark atm. lol I hope they don'tspoilers:
    reveal him to some undercover metahuman cop working for Gotham PD. :(
    end of spoilers

Selina's mood has been getting better these past few issues. I did not care for the crazy manic, emo, woe is me, unappealingly reckless Catwoman that we were introduced with at the beginning of the series

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Really liked this issue and the art was great. I'm a little in love with Spark atm. lol I hope they don'tspoilers:
    reveal him to some undercover metahuman cop working for Gotham PD. :(
    end of spoilers

Selina's mood has been getting better these past few issues. I did not care for the crazy manic, emo, woe is me, unappealingly reckless Catwoman that we were introduced with at the beginning of the series
    I'm glad someone is enjoying Spark. Personally, I want him gone. I feel like he's probably going to turn on her on some point. But I feel that this younger Selina could probably utilize some education from him as far as different techniques of stealing, etc. I just like my Selina working alone with different contacts around Gotham. She's a cat. A partner and/or sidekick DOES NOT suit her. Unless it's Holly - who's more of a wealth of information contact than anything (before she donned the Catwoman suit for that few issues).

I love fun Selina, this book definitely gave me dejavu of a Balent-illustrated 90s story... but as much as you might not care for her beforehand, I thought Winick had something in having Selina a little crazy and reckless. It was very Burton/Pfeiffer esque, and the scenes where Selina goes red has to be my favorites. And while I'm not a huge fan of emo Selina, I thought Winick handled some of it very well.

#8 was definitely a joy-ride, and Winick handled the multi-storylines well. It was definitely a set-up issue, but definitely a fun romp. I can't wait to see Catwoman and Penguin together once again. They're just a perfect version of Beauty and the Beast :-D.

I can't say it enough, I miss March on the interiors. Melo is great, March is better.

Oh, and I hated the Cat-Swim-Suit.
    Last edited by TheCatBoy; 04-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I enjoyed it--definitely the best issue of the series so far. :D

I didn't like the art, glad that it changes next issue. So I suppose next issue Selina and spark will protect penguin in exchange for the missing dagger.

BANNED

Melo's art is so pretty, although I also like March I would'nt mind if she was the ongoing artist.

The issue was also enjoyable, like the dynamic between Selina and Gwen but I still don't like Spark that much, I hope that Winick starts developing his personality a bit more.

This book was near purrfect! This title is one of the only reliably good new52 titles. It's could give Aquaman a run for it's money if it maintains this calibre. Glass-frickin'-houses, Selina talked a fun game! That opening narration was dime-store novel poetic and drew me right in - not to mention the bikini.

Question: Does the name AVES mean anything to anyone already?

Ra's al Ghul's lost shirt Kate Fatale's Avatar

I'm a huge Guillem March fan, but I'm actually really liking Adriana Melo. Selina is much more expressive in this issue than she has been, and that suits the title well. I, too, wish there could be an artist team-up for this one.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I honestly don't know why im still picking this title up. Im just not enjoying it.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Fatale View Post
    I'm a huge Guillem March fan, but I'm actually really liking Adriana Melo. Selina is much more expressive in this issue than she has been, and that suits the title well. I, too, wish there could be an artist team-up for this one.
    I dunno if it's the semi-cartoony nature of March's art, but I'd say he's more expressive than Melo. I also think his work is far more dynamic on the page. That's not to say that Melo is a bad artist--not in the least, she's a great technical artist. If I were to make a comparison (in style, not necessarily in quality, mind), I'd say that Melo is to March what Ditko was to Kirby.

I have dropped Catwoman after #7. Its just boring. And the preview of #8 did not make me hungry for more. I sticked with Catty for w while because its one of DCs most interesting character. But it ended with "I hope the next issue will be getter".

There is no story, no mission in this comic, no main conflict - just Catty stealing things and waiting for Batman to make out or getting laid. Boring. A waste of this great character. I am out.

I liked how Judd Winnick sets up the Night of the Owls crossover in this issue.