Default question about the new editions of NO MAN'S LAND

the new editions of NO MAN'S LAND include CATACLYSM ??? i wanna buy all the new editions trades but i still think that CATACLYSM is a little bit overprice , are any plans from DC to re-issue this book? anybody know about this or i will have to pay 40 bucks to get it ?

It doesn't

Cataclysm is not included in NML and really shouldn't be. But you don't need to read Cataclysm to understand NML. I wouldn't pay forty bucks for Cataclysm; it will probably be reprinted sooner or later.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I'm also of the agreement that you don't really need to get Cataclysm to understand or enjoy NML. I remember Cataclysm having some good bits, but it generally devolved into silliness by the end. So.. Yeah. If you're desperate to read it, then by all means pay the forty bucks to get it, but I don't think it's worth that much at all - in this case, the effects and aftermath are way better than the cause.

Certainly look around before you spend $40 to pick up the book. My LCS had at least 3 copies the other day sitting on the shelf for cover price. Always search before paying Amazon's ridiculous prices.

I don't know if my LCS sells anything online (I've never checked), but here's their info. If you can't find it anywhere, I'm sure these guys would work with ya (they dont have the most original name):

The Comic Book Shop
    Spokane, WA
    509-326-7018
    Owner's name is Craig
    cbsspokane@gmail.com
    Last edited by ForeverYoung8; 04-13-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Cataclysm is actually realtively good up till the final story which was an unneccessary bit in a story that was overall about human tragedy. Still its definitely not worth 40$. I found it at a Half-Price bookstore myself.

I had not meant to imply that Cataclysm is not a good story; I think it is. When I said it shouldn't be included with NML, that's simply because they are two entirely different stories (even though the premise of NML is dependent upon the events of Cataclysm).

Besides, in between Cataclysm and NML there was both Aftershock and Road to NML, neither of which have ever been collected. Aftershock went on a bit too long, but some of the (mostly self-contained) stories were quite good. Road to NML is actually more relevant to NML than Cataclysm, and was pretty decent too.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum