Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    The Last Son of Krypton
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    AWESOME collection. I'm gonna stare at those pics for hours...

    I only have one, unfortunately, so by default it's my favourite. :P

    Attachment 91639

    This is a great Superman figure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Thanks Bud. You may only have one but you have one of the best ever made.
    Agreed, I forget who made this bad boy though, and what year it originally came out.

  2. #17
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Superman View Post
    This is a great Superman figure.




    Agreed, I forget who made this bad boy though, and what year it originally came out.
    Dc Direct made it in 2003 as a part of the Death is Superman collection. Here is the full set.




  3. #18

    Default

    I don't have one, but if I did it would be Captain Action as Superman.



    As a kid I did get Captain Action as a present--but the costume that I got was The Phantom. I so wanted a Superman or a Batman. Anyway my parents threw out that Captain Action when I was away at university.

    Years later I got a re-issue of Captain Action (it's still in the box) and a Green Hornet costume. Some day I'd like to get the vintage Superman costume (when I win the lottery).

  4. #19
    The Last Son of Krypton
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Dc Direct made it in 2003 as a part of the Death is Superman collection.]
    Isn't this Dc Direct's first Superman action figure?

  5. #20
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Superman View Post
    Isn't this Dc Direct's first Superman action figure?
    The Superman/ Lois Lane set was the first one they did. This set came a year later. You could see it in one of my pictures.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 04-12-2012 at 08:19 PM.

  6. #21
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I don't have one, but if I did it would be Captain Action as Superman.



    As a kid I did get Captain Action as a present--but the costume that I got was The Phantom. I so wanted a Superman or a Batman. Anyway my parents threw out that Captain Action when I was away at university.

    Years later I got a re-issue of Captain Action (it's still in the box) and a Green Hornet costume. Some day I'd like to get the vintage Superman costume (when I win the lottery).
    LOL. I'm in the same boat buddy. It Will be mine as well some day. ;)

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Jesus Christ Lex Rules, thats an awesome collection.

    A true fan. I'm so jelly.

  8. #23
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post
    Jesus Christ Lex Rules, thats an awesome collection.

    A true fan. I'm so jelly.
    LOL. Thanks Brother. That's just most of the figure I have.I Haven't even shown all the Books, Shirt, Towels, so on and so forth. I have been collecting everything Superman since 1978.

  9. #24

    Default

    My favorite as a kid was the Mego one that came with the flying harness. As an adult it is the 13" deluxe that comes with the Clark suit... wish I still had that puppy

  10. #25
    Junior Member Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    The greatest Superman figure ever made.


    I have to sorta agree, the details are incredible ... it does look like Christopher Reeve! RIP

    But you have fabulous collection, congrats, with 30+ years worth of devotion displayed in this thread.
    Action Comics, Animal Man, Aquaman, Batman, Batman And Robin, Batwing, The Flash, Superman, Swamp Thing

  11. #26
    Member JoeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Thanks Bud. You may only have one but you have one of the best ever made.
    Yeah, I was surprised at how hard I heard it was to get, and subsequently what was/is worth on the secondary market. I lucked out BIG TIME. Kinda wish I'd have gotten two and made a little $$ selling the other.

  12. #27
    Member JoeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Ok, This is it I promise





    Ok. After all that I need a drink. :)

    Although the sculpts are amazing, especially on the more recent edition, I've never been fond of using fabric costumes. It doesn't scale down to small sizes all that well and sort of takes away from the looks overall, IMO. That said, I'd still step on my own mother to get one... :P

    Also, would you mind posting detailed pics of your trades collection? I loves me some shelf porn. Thanks.
    Last edited by JoeP; 04-13-2012 at 06:10 AM.

  13. #28
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Although the sculpts are amazing, especially on the more recent edition, I've never been fond of using fabric costumes. It doesn't scale down to small sizes all that well and sort of takes away from the looks overall, IMO. That said, I'd still step on my own mother to get one... :P

    Also, would you mind posting detailed pics of your trades collection? I loves me some shelf porn. Thanks.
    I will get pictures for you tonight Buddy. MANY, MANY Superman trades Much DC and only a Few Marvel as I am not to much of a fan.

  14. #29
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    No love for the Super Powers action figure of my youth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Gathered together from cosmic reaches of the Universe, Here in this great Hall of Justice, comes the most powerful forces of good ever assembled.

    Awesome!!! Missing a certain jungle girl, though...and a couple kids and their dog...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  15. #30
    Senior Member manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Okay, so Lexrules...you need my address? How else are you gonna send all of that awesomeness my way?

    KIDDING!!!!

    I honestly wouldn't know what to do with all of it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •