Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Azzarello Blasts Into the Future with "Spaceman"

Eisner Award winner Brian Azzarello spoke with CBR about "Spaceman," revealing the book's secret origin, his passion for space exploration and the possibility of future installments to his and Eduardo Risso's tale.

Full article here.

Another Spaceman series?
    Splendid!

Good to hear, I've been loving the first installment so far and I look forward to many more!

Other Spaceman stories? I sign immediately!!! It is an excellent comic book at a very, very affordable price!!

Jump on it and buy the back issues, you will not regret that!!!

My wish: to see Vertigo to reprint in a "Vertigo Classics" collection, all the single of "100 Bullets", "Scalped", "Sandman", "Losers", etc. The price of each of these singles? Only $1.99. And there, we will have the best of the best publisher in the US comic books market!!!!

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I can't stress how much I love this series. A LOT of dystopian sci-fi stories claim to be Blade Runner-esque but this really comes close to capturing that feel with its impressive world building and atmosphere. I adore it.

And frankly, it's the only title (besides Milligan's Hellblazer, naturally) that's carrying the classic Vertigo indie feel for me. This is what Vertigo used to produce back in its heyday. And i'd love to see it come back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I can't stress how much I love this series. A LOT of dystopian sci-fi stories claim to be Blade Runner-esque but this really comes close to capturing that feel with its impressive world building and atmosphere. I adore it.

And frankly, it's the only title (besides Milligan's Hellblazer, naturally) that's carrying the classic Vertigo indie feel for me. This is what Vertigo used to produce back in its heyday. And i'd love to see it come back to that.
    Agreed with everything you said.

Honestly, I actually care more about the world Azzarello has created than I do the actual plot and characters...even those aren't half bad either. The world he and Risso have made is just so great though.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

going to be checking this one out soon
    Love azzerello and Risso on 100 bullet so this is a no brainer that I need to get this
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

SUPER MITTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    going to be checking this one out soon
    Love azzerello and Risso on 100 bullet so this is a no brainer that I need to get this
    Agreed! My pull list just keeps growing bigger and bigger!

In the article Azzarello mentions exposition being appropriate for novels. I think Spaceman would make a great series of books, once you get over their quirky 'tongue'.

Anyone else thinks so?

New Member Shpongolese_Hullabaloo's Avatar

I've been meaning to read this series for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it really that good? I love 100 Bullets, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpongolese_Hullabaloo View Post
    I've been meaning to read this series for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it really that good? I love 100 Bullets, by the way.
    It's pretty amazing, one of my favorite titles currently being published.