Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DARN YOU Geoff Johns!!! :P

I still hate this version of Hal. I didn't really like Ollie. Too many failed attempts at humor. Too many characters still underrepresented. BUT

I'm interested. :P What group does Trevor want Ollie to join? What really happened between the League and MM? What happened between Ollie and Arthur?

This series still needs to give their characters equal representation and better characterizations, bring a sense of maturity to the team (which it started doing in this issue), and give them a longer story arc.

BTW, if this story is present day continuity (as seen with the court of owls tie-in), how does Hal have his ring AND be in full control over it (since his is supposed to be Sinestro's creation)? Since Johns is writing both GL AND JL, I like to hear an explanation or a tie-in between the two books.
    Reading: A Comics, Superman, Superboy, Batman, B&R, Nightwing, G Lantern, GL:NG, The Flash, J League, T Titans, Earth 2, World's Finest and Smallville S.11!

Watching: Young Justice.

My favorite issue so far. Green Arrow was great, I can't wait to see which team he'll join. Maybe a new Elite? :)
    I also loved to see Martian Manhunter as a part of the JL history again, I like that he's spying on them and can't wait to see why he attacked them.
    And the new Mary Marvel is great, the Shazam! backup is very fun, I like most of the changes so far.

Not a perfect issue, but enjoyable. And still one of DC's top 3 team books.

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    My favorite issue so far. Green Arrow was great, I can't wait to see which team he'll join. Maybe a new Elite? :)
    I also loved to see Martian Manhunter as a part of the JL history again, I like that he's spying on them and can't wait to see why he attacked them.
    And the new Mary Marvel is great, the Shazam! backup is very fun, I like most of the changes so far.
    Come on, we have Wildstorm and most of the relevant characters in the DCU now, why use strawman copycats when you can have the originals! ;)

Actually, the stuff with Trevor intrigued me, so I re-read the JL issues so far. And i think i can see where Johns might be going with this, and you may not be far off. At first I thought they'd go with a Wildcats 3.0 sort of deal, with a focus on corporations and stuff, given how Trevor approached Green Arrow. But now, I think we may see a bit more Authority in the mix, specifically Revolution. You know that weird scene where Trevor is talking to Congress as if the Justice League were The Authority? But we all know the JL would never do the sorts of things he was saying. Well, right before then, a bunch of reporters are all like 'why doesn't the Justice League just take over?' and Trevor knows damn well that aside from maybe Batman, they are wholly unsuited to running a country, and says as much. But you can almost see the lightbulb appearing over his head. What if he gathered together a group that COULD run the country? That scene that follows isn't a sign that the Justice League is going to be all Authority-ish. It's Trevor's wishful thinking of what might be. It's also shown that, aside from Wonder Woman who he's got a thing for, dealing with the League is a thankless and frustrating job for him; they don't listen to him, they don't agree with each other over most things, they don't have a real social conscience or mission statement, or anything, because they are a bunch of random people who ended up as a team accidentally. But he thinks the world needs heroes. So he sets out to make a new, more cohesive team that's more in line with what he wants to happen. So, basically, I may have been a bit off base when I was thinking a Wildcats 3.0 vibe, and the new team may have more of an Authority vibe. Trevor isn't so much Nick Fury as he is Jenny Sparks. Also, Graves, the bad guy of the next arc, remarks that the key to taking down the Justice League is Trevor. I think Trevor and the new team will be manipulated, which may make the new Team 7 (if it's called that) kinda bad guys, but I think they can bounce back from that.

btw. I have a hunch about what Martian Manhnter did to piss off the League. He stole Pandora's Box. Otherwise known as the "holy grail" in Demon Knights, and which was hanging out in Stormwatch's ship as of issue 6... or was that 5? See... in issue 2 of Justice League, if you read the bonus material in the back, the little Wonder Woman thing, Waller says that Steve was part of "Operation: Pandora's Box" now, I know military operations are typically named something random to hide their true purpose, but with, you know, Pandora and all, I refuse to believe this is a coincidence. And with Wonder Woman tied to the Greek gods, and all? very suspicious. So, let's say Trevor or whoever decides that a space station guarded by 7 superheroes is naturally the safest place to hide the box, seems logical enough. MM infiltrates them, takes it since Adam wants it back, a fight breaks out.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-21-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Come on, we have Wildstorm and most of the relevant characters in the DCU now, why use strawman copycats when you can have the originals! ;)

Actually, the stuff with Trevor intrigued me, so I re-read the JL issues so far. And i think i can see where Johns might be going with this, and you may not be far off. At first I thought they'd go with a Wildcats 3.0 sort of deal, with a focus on corporations and stuff, given how Trevor approached Green Arrow. But now, I think we may see a bit more Authority in the mix, specifically Revolution. You know that weird scene where Trevor is talking to Congress as if the Justice League were The Authority? But we all know the JL would never do the sorts of things he was saying. Well, right before then, a bunch of reporters are all like 'why doesn't the Justice League just take over?' and Trevor knows damn well that aside from maybe Batman, they are wholly unsuited to running a country, and says as much. But you can almost see the lightbulb appearing over his head. What if he gathered together a group that COULD run the country? That scene that follows isn't a sign that the Justice League is going to be all Authority-ish. It's Trevor's wishful thinking of what might be. It's also shown that, aside from Wonder Woman who he's got a thing for, dealing with the League is a thankless and frustrating job for him; they don't listen to him, they don't agree with each other over most things, they don't have a real social conscience or mission statement, or anything, because they are a bunch of random people who ended up as a team accidentally. But he thinks the world needs heroes. So he sets out to make a new, more cohesive team that's more in line with what he wants to happen. So, basically, I may have been a bit off base when I was thinking a Wildcats 3.0 vibe, and the new team may have more of an Authority vibe. Trevor isn't so much Nick Fury as he is Jenny Sparks. Also, Graves, the bad guy of the next arc, remarks that the key to taking down the Justice League is Trevor. I think Trevor and the new team will be manipulated, which may make the new Team 7 (if it's called that) kinda bad guys, but I think they can bounce back from that.

btw. I have a hunch about what Martian Manhnter did to piss off the League. He stole Pandora's Box. Otherwise known as the "holy grail" in Demon Knights, and which was hanging out in Stormwatch's ship as of issue 6... or was that 5? See... in issue 2 of Justice League, if you read the bonus material in the back, the little Wonder Woman thing, Waller says that Steve was part of "Operation: Pandora's Box" now, I know military operations are typically named something random to hide their true purpose, but with, you know, Pandora and all, I refuse to believe this is a coincidence. And with Wonder Woman tied to the Greek gods, and all? very suspicious. So, let's say Trevor or whoever decides that a space station guarded by 7 superheroes is naturally the safest place to hide the box, seems logical enough. MM infiltrates them, takes it since Adam wants it back, a fight breaks out.
    That's a very good theory about why Martian Manhunter was fighting the team.
    About the Elite/Authority thing, maybe we'll get a combination of both teams? I'd love to see Sister Superior as a member, but characters from the Authority could also join because of the reboot. Swift could be one of them :)

I love the Noodle Incident in which they got sent -twice- to a planet made entirely for war.

Noodle incidents like that add Character to me.

Yeah Johns needs to make sure the characters seem more likeable, this book seems a bit aimless. I feel like we're not getting any characterization out of the characters, i suppose he wants us to just view them shallowly, but i want more. And the ART??? UGH. 90's cartoony bleh. It looked even less appealing when i flipped the page and saw Ivan Reis' beautiful work (not that i want Reis off Aquaman). I just want a better artist than that, someone with good flow and kinetics. Also, that one page of martian manhunter looking up and saying "they aren't prepared" was by far the most interesting moment of this series so far.

i hope Johns can build off of that. I want some intrigue going on, not just action. i would guess white martians?

Quote Originally Posted by superjman1986 View Post
    BTW, if this story is present day continuity (as seen with the court of owls tie-in), how does Hal have his ring AND be in full control over it (since his is supposed to be Sinestro's creation)? Since Johns is writing both GL AND JL, I like to hear an explanation or a tie-in between the two books.
    I'll just go with the obvious explanation: this issue and the upcoming Court of Owls story take place after the end of the current GL arc.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

This may have been last issue but I'm having not dropping this. It hasn't bad but really so many glaring problems including Curse Of Shazam back up. I will get to that in a second. This and previous issue felt weird was like this was steve trevor's book at times and Justice League was guest starring. The whole GA wasn't bad just the way treated him and way been written is dumb. Way Hal treats Olie was like Johns saying don't except them to be friends in new DCU. Why do they shove Trevor into team 7? Unless I missed something that had him amalagam with a wildstorm character then it's weird. To the back up. I really hate the new Billy. Just annoyes the hell out of me his attitude but love Mary putting him in his place. Though convenience of everyone now being under the same roof. Convenience ferry we missed you.
    Save DCU from DCNU!

Q.: How can you tell when Dan DiDio is lying?
    A.: When you see his lips move.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    This may have been last issue but I'm having not dropping this. It hasn't bad but really so many glaring problems including Curse Of Shazam back up. I will get to that in a second. This and previous issue felt weird was like this was steve trevor's book at times and Justice League was guest starring. The whole GA wasn't bad just the way treated him and way been written is dumb. Way Hal treats Olie was like Johns saying don't except them to be friends in new DCU. Why do they shove Trevor into team 7? Unless I missed something that had him amalagam with a wildstorm character then it's weird. To the back up. I really hate the new Billy. Just annoyes the hell out of me his attitude but love Mary putting him in his place. Though convenience of everyone now being under the same roof. Convenience ferry we missed you.
    Billy Batson is on his journey to being Shazam. He's on his way to redeeming his character.

Why can't Trevor not be in Team 7? If it's a good story, why not? Unless you went to the future and read the issues where Team 7 sucked and Billy will remain a little brat and Hal will never be friends with Ollie, you have no reason to complain about the current events in JL. All your complaints can be answered with: "Wait for the story to play out."

But you sound like the type who doesn't want to wait and wants every info about the characters unfold at once. I suggest you drop this book already and spare yourself the agony.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Billy Batson is on his journey to being Shazam. He's on his way to redeeming his character.

Why can't Trevor not be in Team 7? If it's a good story, why not? Unless you went to the future and read the issues where Team 7 sucked and Billy will remain a little brat and Hal will never be friends with Ollie, you have no reason to complain about the current events in JL. All your complaints can be answered with: "Wait for the story to play out."

But you sound like the type who doesn't want to wait and wants every info about the characters unfold at once. I suggest you drop this book already and spare yourself the agony.
    Just hard to get into characters if they find them so unlikable and makes it hard to follow journey. That is my point and dc making really hard to continue. Team 7 thing is weird and just part of dislike of joining of wildstorm and dc. Just continues to be really weird and this example of that.
    Save DCU from DCNU!

Q.: How can you tell when Dan DiDio is lying?
    A.: When you see his lips move.