Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't like how Arrow is practically begging to be on the Justice League. I would much rather have the Arrow who didn't want to be on the Justice League at first, but eventually warmed up to it, from the old JLU cartoon.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 04-12-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Is this seriously supposed to be Lee's work? It does not look like he drew anything here.
    no this is a fill artist named Carlos D'Anda. It states this right in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    no this is a fill artist named Carlos D'Anda. It states this right in the OP
    Yeah, I looked again and I saw that.

I miss Green Arrows facial hair

I don't like how Arrow is practically begging to be on the Justice League. I would much rather have the Arrow who didn't want to be on the Justice League at first, but eventually warmed up to it, from the old JLU cartoon.
    The cartoon showed a better understanding of how to handle the character than any other creative team in the last 20 years. Strong point of view, interested in the common man, headstrong, yet very much a swashbuckling cool kind of guy. You could see where he might get under peoples' skins without making him a hypocrite who can't keep it in his pants when any woman walks by. In the cartoon he was a hero whose point of view was worth considering even if you disagreed with it, someone worthy of respect. That's the Green Arrow I want to read about.

No matter how good Nocenti's writing on the Green Arrow ongoing, nothing excuses such bad art. I wanted to give the the title another chance, but the art was a major turn-off.
    I really look forward to this issue, looks fun so far. :)

"He's Batman" and Ollie have me sold on.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

BANNED

Is he really begging though? He just says "candidate of the Justice League." I do like the JLU Green Arrow though. Thanks to that version, I thought I would like Green Arrow a lot, but I found out he's really a hypocrite asshole in the comics, with the exception of Year One.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 04-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.

That's not a kind of subtlety that is common in Johns (and the bulk of current DC writing) playing the opposite of the obvious. It's more nuanced and interesting, and therefore harder to write well.

I agree with you.

Plus, it reads in those few panels, essentially like they have simply transferred pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold into Ollie's psyche.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzy Pretzelpants View Post
    That's not a kind of subtlety that is common in Johns (and the bulk of current DC writing) playing the opposite of the obvious. It's more nuanced and interesting, and therefore harder to write well.

I agree with you.

Plus, it reads in those few panels, essentially like they have simply transferred pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold into Ollie's psyche.
    It's pretty consistent with the character though. The whole point of Green Arrow is that he's a celebrity superhero and bored playboy who decided to ape Batman's gimmicks for the thrill of it. All the "man of the people" stuff didn't come in until later, and this Green Arrow is still young.

BANNED

I miss Green Arrows facial hair
    Agreed . He need wear his hood more

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's pretty consistent with the character though. The whole point of Green Arrow is that he's a celebrity superhero and bored playboy who decided to ape Batman's gimmicks for the thrill of it. All the "man of the people" stuff didn't come in until later, and this Green Arrow is still young.
    wait what? I've never heard that before. Is this a liberal interpretation?

I never really saw Green Arrow as a man of the people, heck I wouldn't find many multi millionaires to be representative of the common man.

The characters always spoken his mind though, and he and Batman have certainly bumped heads over the years

BANNED

wait what? I've never heard that before. Is this a liberal interpretation?
    If by liberal, you mean original.

I never really saw Green Arrow as a man of the people, heck I wouldn't find many multi millionaires to be representative of the common man.
    In the 70s, he lost his fortune and decided to be a social crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzy Pretzelpants View Post

I agree with you.

I really wouldn't say that, though. In fact, I wouldn't say that its that hard to write. I'm pretty sure Johns could take the character in that direction if he wanted, I'm just upset that he chose not to.

1. I loved the bit with Hal reassuring Bats that they wouldn't replace him.

2. Martian Manhunter!!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...