Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Doesn't change the fact for me that I think the current writer is ineffective and the oncoming artist I simply do not like his style. I'm picking up #8 just to hope that this arc is finished, but after that I'm dropping the already poorly selling title until another hopefully better creative team change-up.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

Upcoming titles:
    Storm

Looking great. Wow this book was really the only one (along Uncanny X-Men) that didn't disappoint me at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    One would hope, the fact that the current team has been led around by the nose for over seven issues now has me perceiving them as a somewhat pathetic and ineffective group. Also I just don't like the current writer, other than Starling and Poison Ivy having some good moments, Black Canary, Katana, & Batgirl have pretty much just been cardboard cut-outs of characterization so far (although granted the REAL Batgirl has only had 2 scenes so far since issue #1).
    I think is only natural that new characters like Starling get the spotlight in the first issues, because they need to 'compete' with the old ones like Canary. Last issue was heavily featuring Canary and Batgirl, though. About Batgirl I think the contrary. She had enough scenes, (actually too much) considering she has her own book for her fans.

This is my favorite book right now. Jesús Saíz does the best Dinah. Swierczynski writes an exciting book. I don't care if Choke takes fifty issues. I love the twists and turns and the character moments. I hope the small scenes, like Starling and that lady and Katana's sword, develop into strong subplots. Choke is totally Mad Hattery. I love it. Activation phrases are always cool and fun, and nursery rhymes are often creepy.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    This is my favorite book right now. Jesús Saíz does the best Dinah.
    Doesn't he make her look a lot like Gillian Jacobs, the actress who plays Britta on Community? Not that I am complaining, because Gillian Jacobs is HOT!

Curiouser and curioser Hopefully we finally get to know what’s going on with Dinah, I want to know who DCnu Black Canary is, where does she come from? And please DC if you want to get the sale of the book back, make Black Canary recognizable by reverting her costume to what everybody is accustomed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Little MY View Post
    Curiouser and curioser Hopefully we finally get to know what’s going on with Dinah, I want to know who DCnu Black Canary is, where does she come from? And please DC if you want to get the sale of the book back, make Black Canary recognizable by reverting her costume to what everybody is accustomed too.
    It's not her costume that's the problem. It's her personality. She's just not the kick-ass, intelligent, take-charge woman she was pre-flashpoint.

It's weird. Batgirl's been better written in her brief appearances in BoP to date. And Dinah was more recognisable in Batgirl #7.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

SO yeah, not one mention of the Cleaners or choke... very confusing

but anyways, it was a fun issue, obviously getting into this next arc, but still... threw me for a loop.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    SO yeah, not one mention of the Cleaners or choke... very confusing

but anyways, it was a fun issue, obviously getting into this next arc, but still... threw me for a loop.
    It's confusing, but it was pretty awesome, plus we learned a few things.

Starling worked for Penguin.

The details of the what Dinah did exactly.

Choke is possibly trying to frame Dinah.

And some guy going by Infiltrator has it out for the BoP.

I'm hoping everything will get wrapped up during the Night of Owls, which is cool if it isn't just used as a one-shot like everyone else seems to be doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    It's confusing, but it was pretty awesome, plus we learned a few things.

Starling worked for Penguin.

The details of the what Dinah did exactly.

Choke is possibly trying to frame Dinah.

And some guy going by Infiltrator has it out for the BoP.

I'm hoping everything will get wrapped up during the Night of Owls, which is cool if it isn't just used as a one-shot like everyone else seems to be doing.
    Choke works for the Owls

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    Choke works for the Owls
    I doubt they would kill all of those people if they could just mind control them or blow their heads off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    I doubt they would kill all of those people if they could just mind control them or blow their heads off.
    people can do multiple things

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    people can do multiple things
    THe Court of Owls likes to stay in the shadows, if they can cause an impossible murder (no one could have done it), then they would have done it.

Veteran Member

It was'nt as strong as the previous issue but I still enjoyed it. The problem is that it reads way too fast, I figured that by this issue the first arc would had concluded.

Well, I guess we will have all the answers in the next issue.

I havent posted on this book lately because i really dont have anything to say either positive or negative that i havent say of the last issues, and i have got all issues cause i honestly feel there is a very good comic here
    but this book has MAYOR problems that i had complained since issue 1 and we are up to issue 8, those problems are still there

first is the fact that on just the first pages of this book, i had Totally and completely forgot how last issue ended
    only thing i remember is that Katana killed some dude, then the team separated, then batgirl came and told dinah that she was sorry for being a major pain in the last issues then i dont remember what happen next, i think someone mentioned that Dinah killed her husband in that issue but i just dont know

so in this issue some secret organization attacks the birds of prey, and they actually took time and effort to find a team of ppl to contrarest the BoP, and ALL its members specifically, despite the team being formed like what a week?
    so they bring a guy with a flamethrower to fight ivy but ivy isnt here so they guy pretty much do nothing(until the end), dinah vs someguy with a anti-voice machine , a guy whose skin is invulnerable and is a Yakuza(really?! how cliche is that) vs katana, and since batgirl just punches ppl in the head, they brought a guy with a hard head(what!)

so they fight, and fight and fight, and win =), by throwing flamethrower guy to the bottom of the building, exploding and destroying the building must likely killing a lot of ppl nearby

also starling enters on some house who is from the organization that was after them and reveals that Dinah was a spy, thing that starling didnt knew
    and she really killed her husband but for some reasons that will now have to wait cause they are fighting owls next issue

ok, im joking a little but i dont think this series is bad, its simply problematic

and i think the biggest problem is this
    THE PLOT SUCKS

now maybe im just not paying attention , but is this secret organization the same secret organization that had the invisible guys killing ppl or is this a complately different one
    honestly i dont know
    and that is the problem, 8 issues in and mostly all the other series had have some kind of development for the setting, to get us to know the characters
    this book didnt

we still dont know why this team is together, why are they doing this, who are really this ppl
    If I wasnt familiar with Dinah already i would be completely lost but im still a little lost with her
    where does her powers come from, how does she meet Barb, how does she meet starling, or katana, or even ivy
    how was she an spy and Starling didnt knew

pretty much
    what is the origin?
    8 issues in, in a book that is pretty much new from scratch, without any sense of ground, of real knowledge of any of this characters, im honestly impress that so many ppl stick this far

and that is something that applies to all the characters, hell even Barbara, we do know that she was in a wheelchair recently cause it was mentioned before but thats it, we dont know anything else from here, she barely do anything on this book really(which i think is a plus)

this book just needs direction, it needs to focus more on the characters, there is a difference between setting a mystery and just hide information from the characters, and build a base, otherwise cancellation is not that far beyond

thats my 2 cents

not a bad book, but it has a lot of room for improvement
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

This issue was not at all what I was expecting. It was action-packed, and I enjoyed it, but still not what I was expecting. It seems that we won't know who Choke might be for a couple of months at least.

I will admit that I was skeptical about adding Batgirl to the team, but I think she's worked out well. Her relationship to the team seems different than the others. She hangs a bit looser, but she's still there when Dinah needs her.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66