Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    So does Spidey know Venom is Flash now?
    No, I think all he knows is that there is a agent Venom but not who.

I agree on the not killing thing, if anyone deserves it, it would be Cletus, I mean, who knows what sick games he played with those people, they were alone for at least 2-3 days before the town was taken over completely.

Hopefully someone will pick up on this thread later on, the psychological damage done by Carnage/Cletus is something someone should touch on again, no doubt too dark for your normal Amazing Spider-man stories but definitely should be touched on elsewhere.

Overall I liked this story, loved Venom and Scorn but I felt that compared to the last Carnage mini, it wasn't as meaty in terms of plot. I hope they have Scorn show up in Venom or Secret Avengers at some point, she seems too awesome to let fall into limbo, even if she did give us the plot point of the government capturing the remaining portion of the Carnage symbiote instead of wiping it off the face of the earth like most would have wanted.

Stunned Venom or like Logan or somone didn't kill him. I get Flash wanting to be like Spidey but I am suprised the symbiote didn't take over in the presence of the other symbiotes and Spider Man.

Or does the thing Beast and Pym did completely shut off the symbiote from taking over? I hope it isn't completely shut off... some of the best moments were when Venom took over (like when he bit that dude in the tanks head off)

Default The art was generally good.

Overall it was a disappointing mini with so many elements that would have been interesting if played out more. Compared to last Carnage mini it was very disappointing.

The Flash/Cletus fight went on too awkwardly long and choreographically diverse.

Lucky thing there was a gorilla hanging out in the middle of the town - well, that's how it seemed though probably an abandoned zoo.

The art was generally good. Still, some panel transitions were far too jarring. And Thing's face when he lost his big gun was horribly drawn. At least Scorn got a badass pose out of it.

For all the good facetime Spidey got the rest of his team got nada. I am fine with him locking Cletus up for trial though who knows where or when since continuity is a tad unclear.

Clearly more than one Carnage escaped so it would have meant more if the original one was definitively shown buying the farm.

Mediocre ending to a largely terrible series that had so much promise.

Carnage #5 grade: D

Carnage USA grade: D-

I'm glad Zeb Wells isn't writing anymore Spidey books in the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Zeb Wells isn't writing anymore Spidey books in the foreseeable future ::
    He's writing whatever that Joe Madureira book is

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

when they do the movie

Flash/Agent Venom - Jensen Ackles (Supernatural & stuff)

Cletus/Carnage - Walt Goggins (Justified, The Shield)
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

This whole series had some excellent ideas, but they could have been executed in a more effective fashion.

I was expecting something epic at the end after seeing previews of Cletus and Flash Fighting, Symbiote Animals on the Loose and
    the Avengers Freed.

I was also expecting a preview for a new Major Story Event. (I'm not referring to Minimum Carnage)

Overall, the series felt empty. Nothing Happened or Changed.
    Carnage causes major damage. No repercussions except for the townsfolk. The End.

While I respect Parker's Passion with his No Kill Rule, and Cletus just returned from the 'Dead,' I was surprised he
    got off so easy. Especially with more brutal Avengers around like Wolverine. Kasady tortured people and even
    killed children. So he gets locked up again, and that's it?

Don't get me wrong, this series had its pros:

- Scorn: She's different. A brilliant scientist, symbiote/technology hybrid, and creative use of her powers. I'm happy she survived.

- Symbiote Alpha Team: Not so much I liked these guys, but happy to see they weren't just cannon fodder. Wondering if they
    go into limbo or not.

- Cletus. Not a fan of this guy and still hoping to see a new host for Carnage, but I like the way Wells wrote Cletus. Cletus is one
    sick person. Enjoys torture, creative methods to make his victims suffer, motives make little sense. Yes, he sounds like "Joker" for the
    Marvel Universe, but I thought this series captured him.

- CARNAGE GIRAFFE!: Hell Yeah! This creature was FN Epic! Can you imagine a Carnage Giraffe chasing you?! Funny and scary as hell at the same time!

I'll give it a C-
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 04-12-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post

But, in script 2 there's a picture of a black suited Scream and the host is named Jenna in the story.
    Jenna the Junkie from anti-venom?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Jenna the Junkie from anti-venom?

It might be I don't know. I'm not even sure if the script is a work of fanfiction or an actual story that Marvel is going to be publishing. Until it actually gets published I'm assuming it's fanfiction. But, it does seem to be an interesting story nevertheless.

But, since the Scream symbiote had a new host in the story and Donna was killed by Eddie in Venom #15 it does open the door for the script to possibility be a work of a Marvel writer and such a story will be published.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-14-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    when they do the movie

Flash/Agent Venom - Jensen Ackles (Supernatural & stuff)

Cletus/Carnage - Walt Goggins (Justified, The Shield)
    Those two would be awesome.

Just another fan-girl~ OkieDokiLoki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    - CARNAGE GIRAFFE!: Hell Yeah! This creature was FN Epic! Can you imagine a Carnage Giraffe chasing you?! Funny and scary as hell at the same time!
    Venom Gorilla was really cool too. XD
    Pull list: Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, Scarlet Spider, Defenders, Uncanny X-Force, JiM, W&TXM, Swamp Thing, i Vampire, Adventure Time, Snarked, Avengers vs X-Men

I might be missing something obvious, but why did Kasady have robotic legs?
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Quote Originally Posted by RedliwNala View Post
    I might be missing something obvious, but why did Kasady have robotic legs?
    Sentry tore him in half, so the indulstrialist made him new ones as a test for using the Carnage symbiote to make a new line of prosthetics that responded perfectly. But the prosthetic were still under the influence of Carnage. It was all in the Carnage Mini-series that came out last year.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

So why are we pretending "No One Dies" is still a thing when, as evidenced by this issue, it's already failed in practice?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!