Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by This View Post
    Why is Oscar Wilde and John Wilkes Booth between Washington and Lincoln?
    HAve you been to Mount Rushmore in person?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Man, didn't see this joke before. Brettc, you saw it was posted on April 1, right? EDIT: Oh, you saw it.

And even if it did happen, Azzarello already wrote Superman, and it was awesome, with Clark battling against Mount Rushmore.

Now that seems like a good idea.

BANNED

I knew the story was bogus because I read the date first. The first paragraph was the give away though.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    your turn, superfans.
    nnnooooooo!!!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    A little late for April Fools, but I guess it is still April.

I don't think it would be a huge blow to Superman truth be told, wouldn't change how he was raised. Just that his dead biological parents and race's culture was vastly different It wouldn't have been a retcon that drastically changed Supes character.

I'll give you some examples of characters whose origins fall in line with this: Goku and Invincible. Both character take the whole alien race, rocketed to earth aspect from Superman in the Saiyans and the Viltrumite. Only difference is the Saiyains and Viltrumites were not a kind peace loving species, they were savage and would conquer or destroy other civilizations.

But in the end Goku and Invincible turned out to be great heroes who mirror many of the same aspects Superman embodies.

I know this was a joke, but if DC made this change (which they wouldn't) it would be unoriginal nowadays.

Also not to be disrespectful to Wonder Woman but Superman's origin is one of the most recognizable origin out of almost any superhero. Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and Hulk have the most recognizable origins out of all Western Superheroes.

This doesn't mean Wonder Woman's original origin wasn't well known, it probably was among comic fans I'm not sure to what extent however, but in pop-culture not so much.

Personally I don't have a problem with the retcon of the Amazons. I don't see it as something that is detrimental character or would redefine her core values and beliefs.
    I hereby award you fifteen Awesome Points for your Invincible reference.

Best thing on the stands.