Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suicide Squad #8 discussion (spoilers)

I couldn't see this thread anywhere so sorry if it's already been started.

I was a bit confused by the final page. So.. we still don't know who has been tasked with killing Waller, is that right?

IMO, You are Correct still unclear but its not Harley. Waller could very well have killed her for stunt so one of the guys besides King Shark is my guess.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Before the ambiguous end I thought it was headed for Deadshot being the guy, but only because I'd read too much into a layout. One page ends with the first explicit mention of killing Waller, and the first panel on the next page is a close up of Deadshot firing his gun. But by the end I was pretty much convinced it isn't Deadshot either.

Nice breather issue.

Deadshot is growing the moustache back. Oh yeah, Glass you sly fox, I love you.
    I hope we see Savant more in the future, I don't know why but I like the guy.

Considering the SS #1, the Suicide Assassin (aka traitor) isn't Deadshot, Harley or El Diablo. Black Spider is my main guess, and King Shark the wild one.

The Basilisk spy had normal speech bubbles so it isn't King Shark. It's Diablo or Black Spider, almost certainly Black Spider.

Also I'm really just not happy with what they've done to Harl. She used to be the crazy sexy one. Call me crazy but the all over off-white flesh thing looks really terrible on a character design, which is OK for Joker because he is meant to be unsettling. The new origin for her was stupid, sorry Adam Glass but it was, and you know it was. And Waller is just coming off as annoying and I don't think that is the intention since her stuff seems like it is meant to make her SEEM like a cold, bad-ass. Coupled with King Shark's equally stupid redesign without Gail Simone's snappy writing for him and I don't think I will be sticking with this much longer.

What about Yo-Yo? She could be the sleeper agent... though she's not getting out of King Shark's gullet anytime soon.

I hopped on to this book for the bodycount.. so I'm hoping we get some people offed real soon.

but a look back on where the cats came from is alright, and seeing how bad-ass Waller is always helps.
    ------------------------
    Read: Savage Dragon, Invincible, X-Factor, Suicide Squad, The Massive, Scarlet Spider, Extermination, Trio, Danger Club & Atomic Robo

Just about to start a thread about until I spotted this.

This isn't a gripe about Harley, in this scenario she could be replaced by any high profile criminal with decent but not noteworthy combat skills (funny enough most of them would be Batman villains). Up until this point it felt as if the members of Suicide Squad weren't worth Jack to Waller and when Deadshot shot Harley for a brief second I thought DC had the stones to kill Harley for good but as we probably all predicted she's fine in this issue because Waller says this psychotic hammer wielding thief is important to the team. A bit of Joker Immortality has clearly rubbed off on Harley because I cannot see given her inability to follow orders how she is anywhere near the level of usefulness to Waller as trained killers and super powered freaks.

If you keep Harley on a tight bomb-infused leash, she'll be as usefulness as Waller wants her to be if she ever wants a tiny chance to see the Joker again. Remember, she only escaped because some dumb-ass decided to turn her nano-bomb off. Now Waller is keeping a close eye on her and keeping her on a tighter leash. This Harley can be pretty wild and brutal in combat as I've seen in this series so far and it's proven that she can be crafty when it comes to using the environment against you. As far as following orders go, Harley has no real option. You either do it or your gonna see what it feels like to be aluminum foal in a microwave.

I'm getting from your post that you are kinda underestimating this new Harley because you assume her strengths and weaknesses are gonna be the same as the old Harley. Joker is her main weakness, of course, but now that Joker is out of the picture, it's time to see what this Harley is capable of without the Joker's influence.

And to get to the main topic of this discussion, I assume Black Spider is gonna be the traitor because he hasn't gotten much panel time lately and the guy "traitor" shown earlier in the issue sounded very intelligent and well...human. And Deadshot doesn't seem to act and think in the way of a traitor. He sounds like he's actually a part of the team.

@SavijMuhdrox
    You have a good point, Savij. That's another one that's a possibility (if HE manages to stay alive for long inside King Shark) and the sleeper agent idea, I can agree with this.

Yeah I look forward to seeing what Amanda Waller can do when she's pushed to a corner.

someone pm me if Bronze Tiger shows up in in this title

Quote Originally Posted by SavijMuhdrox View Post
    What about Yo-Yo? She could be the sleeper agent... though she's not getting out of King Shark's gullet anytime soon.
    Yo Yo is a dude, and the traitor is someone who was on the first mission.

I said this in the preview thread. Black Spider, probably. The color purple seemed intentional. We saw how Deadshot, Harley and Diablo got locked up. The traitor was in public, so people probably would have freaked out at seeing a giant shark monster. Also, Spider wasn't present during the Basilisk mission, and the rest of the team really didn't seem too hesitant to kill them.

Also, I'm glad this book is getting a new artist next issue. I find Dallocchio's work to border on the uncanny valley. It looks realistic, but not realistic enough so it ends up just sorta odd and creepy looking to me. Case and point the panel where Harley wakes up. Just weird.

PS

This guy was on the team in Resurrection Man 8, who the hell?

Last edited by FHIZ; 04-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.

I think is Diablo but he doesnt know it and is a sleeper agent
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Yo Yo is a dude, and the traitor is someone who was on the first mission.

I said this in the preview thread. Black Spider, probably. The color purple seemed intentional. We saw how Deadshot, Harley and Diablo got locked up. The traitor was in public, so people probably would have freaked out at seeing a giant shark monster. Also, Spider wasn't present during the Basilisk mission, and the rest of the team really didn't seem too hesitant to kill them.

Also, I'm glad this book is getting a new artist next issue. I find Dallocchio's work to border on the uncanny valley. It looks realistic, but not realistic enough so it ends up just sorta odd and creepy looking to me. Case and point the panel where Harley wakes up. Just weird.

PS

This guy was on the team in Resurrection Man 8, who the hell?

I agree with all of this and...HOLY CRAP! He looks almost like Black Spider's twin!

So Savant gets to leave as long as he keeps quiet? I would have preferred for him to have been blown up.