Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And can someone still explain why Ultron can seemingly channel energy through Mjolnir, cos that is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by blakkrussian View Post
    Villains like Ultron should usually appear the times Thor is not on the roster for good stories.
    Yeah, but then you'd miss out on awsome lines like:

"Ultron, We Would have words with thee!"

Peace

And can someone still explain why Ultron can seemingly channel energy through Mjolnir, cos that is bs.
    Maybe because Ultron was just given a huge power boost by the Scarlet Witch? Just go with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yeah, but then you'd miss out on awsome lines like:

"Ultron, We Would have words with thee!"

Peace
    So very true.

so Ultron is strong and smart and Thor is:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-(Really-Cool)

Pardon me for thinking this guy^^ could take out Ultron by himself. Ultron only wins in your scenarios if Thor just stands and slugs it out. Guy has like 100 ways to beat Ultron including transporting him into the sun. What defence has Ultron got against that? If you dwant to disprove that, take a look at the feats link. he can and has just removed threats ANYWHERE with just a blast from Mjolnir. Yes some smartie pants will reply 'then the story will be over in one panel', and i will reply let the writers be creative. Ultron could try and blind Thor with a laser blast so he will be reluctant to cut loose if he cant see or try and infect Thors body with harmful nanites powered by some kind of Asgardian energy he acquired by nefarious means ( like Doom did) which paralyse Thor, things of that nature, but lazy writers just have him belt things like some caveman to make their favourites like hawkeye or Cap look good. Didnt Ultron make Vision? Ultron could make good use of the 'intangibility and/or solidify' technology used in Vision to attack Thor with weapons.

Now if after reading that feats link you think that Thor is overpowered, dont shoot the messenger, i didnt give him all these ridiculous powers. I am just wondering why he tries to bash things all the time when he has other powers. he knows ultron is super tough, so why try and hit him again the 100th time they meet? That worked so well the other 99 times.

as for Thor killing his teammates with energy blast discharges...isnt that what the villains are trying to do? If Thor cutting loose is a danger to the other Avengers why is he on the team then? Poeple like Hawkeye have gone up against gods, monsters and aliens, people like Thanos and you are telling me he should be careful to avoid shockwaves? What kind of business would Hawkeye think he is in? Maybe Hawk should stay at home for those tougher missions in case a stray bit of shrapnel from a battle gives him a nick behind the ear.

I am not saying have Thor one shot villains, but in the case of a villain being lower in threat/power that most of his own rogues gallery, whats the point?

Villains like Ultron should usually appear the times Thor is not on the roster for good stories, because if written properly ( not silly, just what we know his powers are), he can mop up the floor with Ultrom. He can absorb energy from god eaters, galactus heralds, omega level villlains but cant just suck the juice out of Ultron.
    I know where you are trying to go with all of this.. but what you are hoping for just doesnt work in comics. The power spectrum of characters is so unbalanced that for your hopes to come to fruition we would have to separate all of the stories into power level based brawls. We would end up with teams like street Avengers, Cosmic Avengers, 100class Avengers. etc etc.

You say that its the fault of lazy writers.. I say its just the nature of a superman or Thor type character.. there are only a couple of ways to neutralize them. How fun would Superman be if every villain just bought some Kryptonite on the black market. It would get pretty boring pretty fast. They have to let weaker characters affect them in some way. Just like when Batman fights Bane.. Batman is a "normal" human.. but in the interest of the story they have to let Bane throw him thru a brick wall or thru a cars windshield and have Batman come back kicking and swinging.

Try not to let it bother you so much.. you will enjoy your comics more.

..and dont worry.. yes, Superman or Thor would one-punch me easily.. Squirrel-Girl probably could for that matter.

Thor's presence in the team doesn't mean automated victory. There were quite a few enemies that managed to beat the Odinson! Even Iron Man has managed to give Thor a run of his money.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Ur thinking too simplistic. Ultron's various bodies and their physical power isn't why he's such a threat. His threat comes from his intellect, like most villains, and that he seems to be more or less unkillable given he's a sentient AI. His bodies are just expendable tools for him, tools that can hold there own against the Sentry mind u. So Thor can beat up or suck the energy out of as many of them as he wants.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-16-2012 at 11:56 AM.

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Couple of other things to consider:

1. Ultron doesn't feel pain. Go outside and punch a brick wall or a car. Your hand is going to hurt like hell, but the object you hit, while perhaps dented (in the case of the car), does not continue to feel residual effects in terms of pain. So while Thor can smack Ultron repeatedly, there is no psychological effect of those strikes on Ultron.

2. Ultron does not fatigue. Thor, while a god, is going to eventually get worn out and slow down, making his blows less effective and less damaging. It might take a long time, but even Thor has a biological reaction to intense activity, while Ultron, on the other hand, doesn't get tired. Much like the car in the first example, he will run until he has no more power source or until he is physically incapable of continuing, which due to his adamantium body and internal repair capabilities, is going to be quite a considerable period of time.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ur thinking too simplistic. Ultron's various bodies and their physical power isn't why he's such a threat. His threat comes from his intellect, like most villains, and that he seems to be more or less unkillable given he's a sentient AI. His bodies are just expandable tools for him, tools that can hold there own against the Sentry mind u. So Thor can beat up or suck the energy out of as many of them as he wants.
    None of this was evidenet in his Thor battles. Like the scan i posted showed, Ultron just blasted energy THROUGH Mjolnir. Shouldnt happen.

Also If you looked at Thors abilities it showed that he can instantly bfr anyone practically anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RBishop View Post

1. Ultron doesn't feel pain. Go outside and punch a brick wall or a car. Your hand is going to hurt like hell, but the object you hit, while perhaps dented (in the case of the car), does not continue to feel residual effects in terms of pain. So while Thor can smack Ultron repeatedly, there is no psychological effect of those strikes on Ultron.

2. Ultron does not fatigue. Thor, while a god, is going to eventually get worn out and slow down, making his blows less effective and less damaging. It might take a long time, but even Thor has a biological reaction to intense activity, while Ultron, on the other hand, doesn't get tired. Much like the car in the first example, he will run until he has no more power source or until he is physically incapable of continuing, which due to his adamantium body and internal repair capabilities, is going to be quite a considerable period of time.
    So Ultron does not feel pain, so why does Thor still try to bash him after battle 56? lazy writing . thor has 1,000 energy powers and 1 physical one. One physical one that hhe knows never works, so why do the writers continually have him do it?

Quote Originally Posted by fedup23 View Post
    I know where you are trying to go with all of this.. but what you are hoping for just doesnt work in comics. The power spectrum of characters is so unbalanced that for your hopes to come to fruition we would have to separate all of the stories into power level based brawls. We would end up with teams like street Avengers, Cosmic Avengers, 100class Avengers. etc etc.

You say that its the fault of lazy writers.. I say its just the nature of a superman or Thor type character.. there are only a couple of ways to neutralize them. How fun would Superman be if every villain just bought some Kryptonite on the black market. It would get pretty boring pretty fast. They have to let weaker characters affect them in some way. Just like when Batman fights Bane.. Batman is a "normal" human.. but in the interest of the story they have to let Bane throw him thru a brick wall or thru a cars windshield and have Batman come back kicking and swinging.

Try not to let it bother you so much.. you will enjoy your comics more.

..and dont worry.. yes, Superman or Thor would one-punch me easily.. Squirrel-Girl probably could for that matter.
    Of course weaker people should be able to give the Supermen or Thors run for their money, but its HOW they do it. ultron hurting Thor with energy through Mjolnir is like iceman beating Superman who conveniently forgets he has heat vision and never uses it in the fight.

People would be like 'huh'?

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBishop View Post

Ultron will be damaged, which will hinder it little differently than psychological effect. And I'm not so sure Ultron isn't capable of its own psychology. It certainly has displayed a bunch of psychological disorders.
    But Ultron is not mindless, thus it will conserve energy if necessary, which is no different from fatigue.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'd buy that. Sounds like fun. When people get bored, then Thor and Supey can just switch universes and do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fedup23 View Post
    Thor, and Superman over in DC, should just wander around and one-punch any threat that arises in their respective universes. That would make for great comics. THAT is why/how Ultron is a threat to Thor and the Avengers.
    Not only DAT, but also dis, dat, and de oder ding dere.

This is simply a case of a powerful solo character being handled differently when in a team dynamic. There has been a long tradition of not letting Thor appear as powerful in Avengers compared to his solo title. I believe there is even an issue during Steve Englehart's run where Thor admits that he holds back while with the Avengers for fear of harming his teammates.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    This is simply a case of a powerful solo character being handled differently when in a team dynamic. There has been a long tradition of not letting Thor appear as powerful in Avengers compared to his solo title. I believe there is even an issue during Steve Englehart's run where Thor admits that he holds back while with the Avengers for fear of harming his teammates.
    Yea there is and he also basically said he doesn't want to upstage them.