Default So if Marvel can bring Miles and peter into the same reality, can't they do the same.

.....to bring back Ben Reilly. This thread is for the fans of Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider who would like to share possible ways Marvel could bring him back. If you aren't a fan of Ben Reilly or what not, please be civil and keep your comments to yourself. I just want to see what fellow fans could come up with in order to make such an idea become reality.

I have two such ideas.

1. I could see the Jackal collecting Ben's ashe's and storing it in a rejuvenating/cell regenerating chamber such as the ones he was originally born in, and have his cells genetically restructured/fixed.

2. Like I stated in the title, couldn't Ben be pulled from an alternate reality and stuck in the 616 reality to help Peter and Kaine fight off a major event?

There are numerous ways to bring back Ben Reilly.

It seems to be something Marvel is not particularly interested in doing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are numerous ways to bring back Ben Reilly.

It seems to be something Marvel is not particularly interested in doing.
    Yeah, Stephen said as much again in the letters column in Scarlet Spider #4...in response to my letter, no less!

I look at it like, "Never say never." I think Ben Reilly has a lot of potential, and there's always the possibility that Stephen will come around if a writer pitches the concept to his satisfaction. It's not like he was sitting around years ago just thinking about how to bring Kaine back into the Spider-verse, and then Yost wins him over and BAM! critically acclaimed title.

My own recommendation is that if people want to see Ben back, they write the Spidey office and let them know (respectfully). And remember that at the end of the day, the world doesn't hinge on whether Ben lives or dies in the Marvel Universe. But it's certainly a fun debate and something worth having as long as we keep it all in perspective.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I am starting to realize that Ben coming back does nothing to the franchise. I used to cry and moan that i wanted Ben back as much as the next fan. But after reading the Kaine series i thought "wow this guy is definitely not Peter Parker". Without going into detail about issue, he did things that Peter would not resort to when fighting a villain. Ben was too much like Peter and it does nothing for the series if he is identical to Peter. The only "interesting" plot point Ben has is his past, and Kaine seems to be too heavily involved in it anyhow so it can be told form Kaine's POV in this series and even used to give Kaine some form of redemption. Otherwise, Ben truly does not offer anything anymore.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater View Post
    I am starting to realize that Ben coming back does nothing to the franchise. I used to cry and moan that i wanted Ben back as much as the next fan. But after reading the Kaine series i thought "wow this guy is definitely not Peter Parker". Without going into detail about issue, he did things that Peter would not resort to when fighting a villain. Ben was too much like Peter and it does nothing for the series if he is identical to Peter. The only "interesting" plot point Ben has is his past, and Kaine seems to be too heavily involved in it anyhow so it can be told form Kaine's POV in this series and even used to give Kaine some form of redemption. Otherwise, Ben truly does not offer anything anymore.
    Well, I think what makes Ben unique is that he felt like he'd lived Peter Parker's life up until the point he realized he was a clone. Kaine, on the other hand, has pretty much known from day one that he's not the real Peter Parker.

Kaine's conscience comes from sharing the Parker genetic predisposition for inherent decency, while Ben's values can be traced back to memories of the life lessons Uncle Ben and Aunt May taught Peter.

Kaine is the 'nature' and Ben is the 'nurture' side of the old argument.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I think Kaine is a great contrast to Peter. Reading Scarlet Spider is fun because there are moments when you say "whoa.. Peter would NEVER do that!" (like the "ok, Ill just mangle your hands to an unusable state" moment) .. Ben coming back adds nothing to the mix.. he is basically a clone (obviously) of Peter in every way. He has been rendered redundant. Sure maybe a few moments of Peter and Ben interacting might be nice.. but thats about it.

Thanks guys for keeping it civil and all.

I'm just curious to hear other fans opinions on HOw marvel could bring him back.

One easy way: Norman Osborn!
    Since he was supposed to have behind the whole Clone Saga fiasco, it would be pretty easy for him to have had another clone made up at some point that would die while the real Ben is held captive somewhere like Aunt May was. This would explain the Ben disintegrating thing, too!

Well, I think if he were to come back, I'd rather he'd be a unpowered supporting cast member for Kaine. Kaine could try to create a actual brother-brother bond with him as part of his redemption.

Other than that, not much to do with him but give him the unlimited costume and send him to counter earth like the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    Well, I think if he were to come back, I'd rather he'd be a unpowered supporting cast member for Kaine. Kaine could try to create a actual brother-brother bond with him as part of his redemption.

Other than that, not much to do with him but give him the unlimited costume and send him to counter earth like the cartoon.
    Awesome idea but the counter earth thing......id give him the scarlet spidet outfit but have him fight in another city like dc or california