Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm not really sure how anyone could claim he's the most powerful league member though. Maybe if you took Flash off the team he could be one of the most powerful, but he wouldn't actually out power everyone. The claim that he's the strongest is pretty much as outrageous as the claims he is too overpowered.
    Flash still needs a lot of food to eat because he burns a lot of calories while Superman can survive for millenia on yellow radiation alone so Superman is still superior to Flash in almost every respect, at least in my opinion.

  2. #17
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,380

    Default

    computer man, you're reiterating an off-topic point over and over and basing it on your opinion, rather than feats.

    This is rather against the way the board operates.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is rather against the way the board operates.
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.

    But Superman will easily be able to find new yellow suns. All Superman needs to do is to fly to other distant solar systems and I think he can do that.
    Last edited by computer man; 04-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.

  4. #19
    Elder Member Holacik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.

    But Superman will easily be able to find new yellow suns. All Superman needs to do is to fly to other distant solar systems and I think he can do that.
    Wait, what is your point?

  5. #20
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.
    I'm doubting it to be honest. Not that you're sorry, but that people are offended/angry. We're used to new members breaking the rules. That's not an insult, a lot of people didn't know the way CBR operated when they first got here(myself included) and had to be corrected.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.
    Well, yes..if I had to make a choice between their two powersets, I'd choose Superman. I get a lot of variety, plus a possibly infinite lifespan. Though Flash still could beat Superman without breaking a sweat.

    This is a bit off topic, but then again it is your topic..
    Last edited by Surtur; 04-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    I agree with Computer Man. Superman can find a Sun that is two Suns that is many Suns.

    The Flash could never beat a Superman who's turned his dials to 11. Fact.

    Superman can live forever.

    Flash can't.

    Superman wins.
    Yes, Yes. I'll bite the bullet. My case was gotten on. We can't win em' all.

  7. #22
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.

    But Superman will easily be able to find new yellow suns. All Superman needs to do is to fly to other distant solar systems and I think he can do that.
    This is not actually the point you seemed to be making.

    Here. Your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    Flash still doesn't stand a chance against Superman in my opinion, no matter how fast he is. Superman has heat vision, invulnerability, flight, incredible strength and vortex breath and all those abilities Flash is really lacking. Flash only has incredible speed, that is all but Superman has more incredible abilities.

    Martian Manhunter on the hand maybe could shut Superman's brain down but definitely not immediately. J'onn J'onzz still has a major weakness and his weakness is fire. J'onn J'onzz is afraid of fire. Fire on the hand, has nothing on Superman. Superman's heat vision is fire and Superman can shut down Martian Manhunter's brain too with his heat vision before J'onn J'onzz is quick enough to shut down his.

    Besides it was never stated in Wikipedia that J'onn J'onzz capabilities like his superstrength, invulnerability and his super-breath are on par with that of Superman. According to what I understood, his abilities only come close to that of Superman's but they do not rival or even equal that of Superman's.

    In my opinion, Superman is still the most powerful of all the Justice League members. Martian Manhunter comes seriously close to Superman but is not quite there yet in my opinion.
    This is not 'Superman is superior to the Flash because he won't die when food runs out'.

  8. #23
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Mercury Man wins, because he is a combination of Spider Man's CGI and Wolverine's adamantium blood. Also, because he is powered by fire, he beats Martian Manhunter, and therefore Superman. The end.

  9. #24
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.

    But Superman will easily be able to find new yellow suns. All Superman needs to do is to fly to other distant solar systems and I think he can do that.
    Why, exactly, would food run out? If people are still alive, the fastest man on the planet will not have any problem buying or taking food as needed. And if people are all dead, he'll have an unlimited supply of food.

    And the speedforce is specifically commented on a few times as making its wielders effectively immortal, so I don't even know that Superman would live longer.

  10. #25
    Ninja of the Deep Hours TheLastSamurai...on this block's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Underverse
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Why, exactly, would food run out? If people are still alive, the fastest man on the planet will not have any problem buying or taking food as needed. And if people are all dead, he'll have an unlimited supply of food.

    And the speedforce is specifically commented on a few times as making its wielders effectively immortal, so I don't even know that Superman would live longer.
    I think best way we can look at the Flash in this situation is that if he couldn't find any food he would be in the group that would probably suffer the most during starvation do to his hyper-metaboolism. Doesn't he have to eat way more than the average hero to keep up his energy?
    If any style teaches you a method of fighting, then you might be able to fight according to the limit of that method, but that is not actually fighting. -Bruce Lee

  11. #26
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastSamurai...on this block View Post
    I think best way we can look at the Flash in this situation is that if he couldn't find any food he would be in the group that would probably suffer the most during starvation do to his hyper-metaboolism. Doesn't he have to eat way more than the average hero to keep up his energy?
    That's never been consistently shown, AFAIK. Even if it was, it would mean spending one millisecond per day getting and eating all the food he needs (game, livestock, water, fruits and vegetables) - how is that a problem for him?

  12. #27
    Ninja of the Deep Hours TheLastSamurai...on this block's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Underverse
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    I see I offended or maybe even angered a lot of people on this board then I'm really sorry.

    All I wanted to prove is that Superman is one or two levels above Flash in the divine hierarchy because Flash will die (Flash will starve to death) when food runs out while Superman will still be able to live on without food and water, as long as yellow suns are still shining in the universe.

    But Superman will easily be able to find new yellow suns. All Superman needs to do is to fly to other distant solar systems and I think he can do that.
    All PIS off(no going to live in the sun or anything) Superman still needs to eat and drink. It might take him a LONG time to die but if he has internal organs, he has to eat. Just like flying in space, his durability protects him against the extremes of space and his lungs can hold oxygen for a long time but eventually he's gonna need to breathe.
    IMO unless your'e some cosimc level dude made out of energy, you will stave to death without ANY food.
    If any style teaches you a method of fighting, then you might be able to fight according to the limit of that method, but that is not actually fighting. -Bruce Lee

  13. #28
    Ninja of the Deep Hours TheLastSamurai...on this block's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Underverse
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's never been consistently shown, AFAIK. Even if it was, it would mean spending one millisecond per day getting and eating all the food he needs (game, livestock, water, fruits and vegetables) - how is that a problem for him?
    It's not now that you gave Flash access to food.
    If any style teaches you a method of fighting, then you might be able to fight according to the limit of that method, but that is not actually fighting. -Bruce Lee

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastSamurai...on this block View Post
    might take him a LONG time to die but if he has internal organs, he has to eat..
    Just because you have internal organs doesn't mean you need to eat.

    My father eats very very little every day yet he is still strong and energetic. Some people need to eat a lot while others can live almost completely without food. I think some people's body runs on a different kind of nourishment.

  15. #30
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computer man View Post
    Just because you have internal organs doesn't mean you need to eat.

    My father eats very very little every day yet he is still strong and energetic. Some people need to eat a lot while others can live almost completely without food. I think some people's body runs on a different kind of nourishment.
    I... don't know how to respond to this...

    basicgraspofhowthehumanbodyworksfail?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •