Page 464 of 669 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 10025

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I've been here practically since the beginning, and I fully intend to jump ship when Marvel Heroes is up. These days I spend more time spinning the wheel than I do playing.
    i spin the most amount of time loading. typically, i log in to collect 5 gold, spin the wheel to my 5 gold or, and collect tokens (if any needed to level up).
    squad name: Winter Wraith (1484)/Gargoyle Wraith (777)
    CBOX ID: Tina
    marvel heroes: winterwraith
    signature hero: tigra

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I've been here practically since the beginning, and I fully intend to jump ship when Marvel Heroes is up. These days I spend more time spinning the wheel than I do playing.
    I plan on playing both until my next membership ends. I want to collect the rest of the heroes and have some gold for when a limited time hero(s) comes out. I might take breaks from this except for logging on to get the daily 5 gold

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

I'm still going to play both, I like to show off my Armored Spidey :D

But, obviously, I will play more of Marvel Heroes. Mostly cause it's a more extensive game, tons more to do in it, plus my favorite type of video game genre. I love ARPGs.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Well the game rights are probably bundled with TV/Movie rights and super hero movies are making SO MUCH MONEY.
    Absolutely, but some version of every hero who's been in a movie (including all the main X-Men characters) are in SHSO... the hang-up on Namor just doesn't make sense to me since he hasn't become a big franchise yet.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Character licensing never made much sense to me either. Maybe Namor's problem is similar to old problem with the Human Torch. Character licensing was why Spiderman's Amazing Friends were Firestar & Iceman rather than the Human Torch & Iceman, back in the day. That bit of character licensing affected the Fantastic Four cartoon too... That lineup consisted of Reed, Sue, Ben, and H.E.R.B.I.E. You see, the Human Torch first appeared in Marvel Comics #1 from 1939 which was owned by Timely Comics. When Timely became Marvel they had the rights to use him in a comic but never did until about a month before those rights were set to revert back to the Human Torch's creator, Carl Burgos. That's when Fantastic Four #1 came out back in 1961. Lawsuits were involved shortly thereafter and that's why he's not in those old cartoons.

Along a similar note, I recall reading some accusations that Marvel killed off Nightcrawler so they wouldn't have to pay Dave Cockrum's widow royalties.

Strangely, I thought was a movie rights issue that kept the Human Torch out of the Fantastic Four cartoon.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...s-revealed-16/
    HeroUp.com: Squire Valiant Snail, level 3734/3767
    Fortress Of Solitude: ComicList

Thanks for the link and that very well could be, Charles. If you have time, here's where I read about Timely and the Human Torch. It's an excerpt from Marvel: The Untold Story by Sean Howe. It doesn't mention the use of the Human Torch in other media, I just made the assumption the creator rights were part of the problem.

http://io9.com/5952658/the-true-stor...y-and-stan-lee
    Last edited by Strange Masked Badger; 02-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.

So, does anyone know what they're doing if there are "restocking" the specials in the stores?
    Super Hero Squad Online Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Squad Level: 1060
    Trying to Max: Shadowcat(B), Black Widow(B), QuickSilver
    Deviantart: Here

Ben wants everyone to know that TODAY is the last day for his Classic Wolverine Contest! He's giving away two of them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19108_202162119928849_1330450577_n.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	108270

Did you enter to Ben's contest? If you don't, What are you waiting for?? You can win one of two Classic Wolverine codes! and that's not all, besides the Canadiense Mutant, the code also does give you 2 week trial-membership! Which sum more than 2000 gold. What do you have to do? Well just a simple poetry or song about a Super Hero, it needs to be "Hilarious" and "Creative", and it should NOT have content offensive, racist or explicit language. Send your poetry or song to mynameisbenfromcanada@hotmail.com and make sure to give a screen name if you don't want your real name revealed. The best 5 entries will be read by our judges, only 2 will be chosen! and both 1st and 2nd place will win a Classic Wolverine code. Watch the official video of the contest here -> Geek Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Traveler Seamstress View Post
    So, does anyone know what they're doing if there are "restocking" the specials in the stores?
    Hopefully, they are preparing for Sasquatch and the two Wendigo missions!

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Traveler Seamstress View Post
    It always does that Wednesday/Thursday. We could end up with nothing new since it is Thursday afternoon or no mystery pic has been posted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    It always does that Wednesday/Thursday. We could end up with nothing new since it is Thursday afternoon or no mystery pic has been posted yet.
    Pfffft.... Centurian Spy, arse on standby please!
    SHSO Squad name: Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 2800+

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Pfffft.... Centurian Spy, arse on standby please!
    <laughs> way ahead of you
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Thor and Classic Thor are back right now and Avengers Thor is on sale.

Are they limited time or something?
    Not sure if I wanna buy one. Are any of them worth it?
    Super Hero Squad Online Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Squad Level: 1060
    Trying to Max: Shadowcat(B), Black Widow(B), QuickSilver
    Deviantart: Here