Page 441 of 669 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 10025

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Martian Archer View Post
    Each character has a level bonus, from +0 to +3, I believe. If you go under the left hand option menu and select "MY Squad" each hero has their own page telling you what medals you've earned for them, etc. In the upper left hand corner, above the picture of the hero, it says, "Marvel +" then a number.

You have eight heroes so that would easily account for the difference between your hero's total levels and your squad level.
    Ah. There's my missing 13. Thanks.

So... what's the maximum character level? 10?

(You'd think this kind of information would be available in the game somewhere, but I can't find it. Can't find it in the wiki either.)
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    Hmm. I'm at 47, but my character levels don't quite add up to that.
    9+8+8+5+1+1+1+1= 34
    Each character has a level bonus, from +0 to +3, I believe. If you go under the left hand option menu and select "MY Squad" each hero has their own page telling you what medals you've earned for them, etc. In the upper left hand corner, above the picture of the hero, it says, "Marvel +" then a number.

You have eight heroes so that would easily account for the difference between your hero's total levels and your squad level.
    Ah. There's my missing 13. Thanks.

So... what's the maximum character level? 10?

(You'd think this kind of information would be available in the game somewhere, but I can't find it. Can't find it in the wiki either.)
    MAX is ten +1 (these heroes go to eleven). The level bonus is called Marvel Lore found on the wiki here: http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...Marvel+Lore%29
    Last edited by CenturianSpy; 01-06-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    MAX is ten +1 (these heroes go to eleven). The level bonus is called Marvel Lore found on the wiki here: http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...Marvel+Lore%29
    I note that it doesn't say what Marvel Lore actually does (adding to the squad level), it's just a seemingly arbitrary grouping on the page.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

King Cosmic Marshmallow Mr. Scarf Cat's Avatar

I note that it doesn't say what Marvel Lore actually does (adding to the squad level), it's just a seemingly arbitrary grouping on the page.
    I've always wondered about Marvel Lore too. Why, for example, is the Hulk +0 whereas Stealth Armor Iron Man is +3?

Kingdom Sloth Crusader derwipok's Avatar

Let's not forget that going from lvl 10 to max adds 2 to your squad level instead of 1 like you'd expect.
    SHSO squad name: Kingdom Sloth Crusader
    Squad level: 1966
    Marvel Heroes: Derwipok

We might add it to the wiki (we have a long list of stuff that we're adding). But, the answer is found in-game:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scarf Cat View Post
    I've always wondered about Marvel Lore too. Why, for example, is the Hulk +0 whereas Stealth Armor Iron Man is +3?
    We complain about it a lot. The official response was "It's based on leadership." Which makes it even MORE confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by derwipok View Post
    Let's not forget that going from lvl 10 to max adds 2 to your squad level instead of 1 like you'd expect.
    You get 1 point for advancing a level and 1 point for each Marvel Lore point.

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

We complain about it a lot. The official response was "It's based on leadership." Which makes it even MORE confusing.

The leadership thing makes sense, actually... Cyclops and Cap get +3 while Hulk gets +0. I'll buy that. Perhaps instead of Marvel Lore it should be called "Squad Leadership Bonus." Are you saying that a character gets the Marvel Lore bonus when going from level 10 to Max level? So if Cap goes to Max level your squad level is actually raised by 4?

I think it is also to make certain heroes more attractive to purchase.
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Which is nonsensical. Avengers Hulk has +3, and he's led nothing. Black Panther rules his own country, he has +2. Thor is a prince in the Avengers movie continuity, he has +3, he's a king in regular continuity, and led a hippie group in the Ultimate universe, yet every other Thor is +1. Spider-Man has never been a leader, 3 of his 4 costumes have +3. Wolverine has led the X-Men at various times, so has Storm, Wolvie's various variants are all +1 or +2, Storm's are +0 and +1. Meanwhile, Beast has never led the X-Men and has +3. Nightcrawler led Excalibur, +2. Luke Cage has led the Thunderbolts, Heroes for Hire and was being groomed to lead the New Avengers by Captain America himself, he has +0. Iron Patriot ran HAMMER and a cabal of supervillains, Nick Fury runs SHIELD, +1 and +2 respectively. Magneto ran his own powerful terrorist organization and, for a time, his own country, +2. Doom has ruled a country for at least a decade, +2. Ms. Marvel hasn't been a leader in any real capacity, +3. Other successful team leaders that have been denied higher scores are regular continuity Hulk (ran the Pantheon and a whole planet for a short while) Giant Man/Ant Man, Wasp and Cable.

I just think the Lore Score is a silly and random way to boost levels, and I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by benfromcanada; 01-06-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Are you saying that a character gets the Marvel Lore bonus when going from level 10 to Max level? So if Cap goes to Max level your squad level is actually raised by 4?
    Yes, lore bonus is applied to your squad level when the hero reaches max

I think it is also to make certain heroes more attractive to purchase.
    Defnitely, especially if you are trying to reach a certain level, say for challenges, while on a budget.
    SHSO Squad name: Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 2800+

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Yes, lore bonus is applied to your squad level when the hero reaches max
    Actually, it's applied when you get the hero. At least that's how it's been every time I've gotten a new hero.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Kingdom Sloth Crusader derwipok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benfromcanada View Post
    Actually, it's applied when you get the hero. At least that's how it's been every time I've gotten a new hero.
    What Ben said. The marvel lore is added when you buy the hero and getting to max gives +2. I even kept a special eye on it today, maxed Hope Summers (Marvel +1) and went from 704 to 706, then maxed Avengers Iron Man (Marvel +3) and went from 706 to 708.
    SHSO squad name: Kingdom Sloth Crusader
    Squad level: 1966
    Marvel Heroes: Derwipok

I do think that that is what Lore is supposed to be but I do not think that it is accurate. Like Angel has one Lore point where as American Dream has (or had) two. They both should have zero by comparison to someone like Bucky Cap or Astonishing Cyclops who should have 3.
    SQUAD NAME: Sheild Gaurdian
    YOUTUBE: SUBSCRIBE@ http://www.youtube.com/user/GAMMAGOON494
    TRYING TO MAX: Avengers Black Widow

Has anyone had any luck with the Stan Lee code? (note that if you say "yes" I may just have to shoot you)

SHSO Squad name: Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 2800+

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAMMAGOON494 View Post
    I do think that that is what Lore is supposed to be but I do not think that it is accurate. Like Angel has one Lore point where as American Dream has (or had) two. They both should have zero by comparison to someone like Bucky Cap or Astonishing Cyclops who should have 3.
    It would be interesting to have everyone from the CBR squad indicate what "lore" they think each character should have, average them, and compare them to the Gazillion value. Maybe we could even show it to Mysteria?

I think that lore should be based on how rich a character's history is... if it is leadership they should call it something else.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle