Page 419 of 669 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 10025

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I agree except, I'd say make them like 200,000 silver. Give people a reason to want to get silver. Its not like these characters are dominating and unique. They're just repaints of characters that are easily attainable. I can tell you, I played this game like it was my second job for a month to get Silver Surfer when I first started out and he was just 25,000 silver.
    How about 50,000 for Classic Wolverine since he is older and 75,000 for Armored Spider, and 100,000 for Arctic Iron Man?
    It's more affordable for newer players

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    How about 50,000 for Classic Wolverine since he is older and 75,000 for Armored Spider, and 100,000 for Arctic Iron Man?
    It's more affordable for newer players
    No offense but why should things be more affordable for newer players? Why can't we have some insanely rare, unbelievably expense, hard to find things for paying members / older players / card buyers? The amounts of silver you have listed are a complete joke and easily accumulated with the slightest of effort without paying anything back into the game, at those prices everyone would own all three of those heroes within a matter of weeks.
    SHSO Squad name: Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 2800+

Congratulations to our own Juggler Emperor for winning the SHSO Song Contest today!!
    SHSO Squad Name: Cunning Omega Lady
    Squad Level: 1600+
    Wants: Magik, Blink, Nocturne, Professor X

CBox Mod & Council Member
    Go to the HUB!

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    No offense but why should things be more affordable for newer players? Why can't we have some insanely rare, unbelievably expense, hard to find things for paying members / older players / card buyers? The amounts of silver you have listed are a complete joke and easily accumulated with the slightest of effort without paying anything back into the game, at those prices everyone would own all three of those heroes within a matter of weeks.
    It's a good lesson for life to learn that sometimes just because you want something, doesn't mean you can have it.
    I think that those that have Armored Spider-Man or Arctic Armor Iron Man would disagree with your idea that every character should be in the store for everyone to buy. These were special issue characters to encourage players to buy the physical cards. To then turn around and sell them in the store, even for a very high price, takes away from the uniqueness of these characters, and tells the community "don't buy our toys or cards or any other promotional thing we may eventually do because if you wait long enough you can just buy it in the game". I don't think this is the message they want to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerryee View Post
    Congratulations to our own Juggler Emperor for winning the SHSO Song Contest today!!
    Cool! In case anyone is interested this is the song I submitted:

The X-mas Song

Havok cooking with his plasma blasts,
    Iceman nipping at your nose,
    Yuletide carols being sung by Ms. Dazzler,
    X-folks dressed up like superheroes.

Everybody knows the blackbird is under the pool
    and Jubilee's lights are oh so bright.
    little x-babies with their eyes all aglow,
    will escape the mojoverse tonight.

They know that Magneto is on his way;
    he's brought The Brotherhood to come and play.
    Every Xavier's student is going to spy,
    to see if Hope really is the Messiah

And so I'm offering this simple tune,
    to x-men from Cyclops to the Stepford Cuckoos,
    although you've been hated and also been feared,
    Merry X-mas to you.

I know I jumped around in the continuity quite a bit, but really the whole song was just the setup for the last line.
    Last edited by badsaj; 12-18-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Quote Originally Posted by badsaj View Post
    It's a good lesson for life to learn that sometimes just because you want something, doesn't mean you can have it.
    I think that those that have Armored Spider-Man or Arctic Armor Iron Man would disagree with your idea that every character should be in the store for everyone to buy. These were special issue characters to encourage players to buy the physical cards. To then turn around and sell them in the store, even for a very high price, takes away from the uniqueness of these characters, and tells the community "don't buy our toys or cards or any other promotional thing we may eventually do because if you wait long enough you can just buy it in the game". I don't think this is the message they want to send.
    That precedent was already set with Classic Daredevil, Pure Electra, and one of the Spidermen. There used to be codes for these characters in the Hasbro toyline. Classic Wolverine is the only character from the Hasbro toyline that's not currently available. I think it's funny Classic Wolverine is Orange and Brown. I'd have thought the yellow and blue costume would be considered the classic one.

But there was a code for one of them in every toy. If you could get Classic Daredevil in 1-in-244 he would be very valuable.

Classic Wolverine is the same as those heroes and I think he would be released for 600 Gold, as the rest of the toy coded heroes before him. Eventually.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Masked Badger View Post
    That precedent was already set with Classic Daredevil, Pure Electra, and one of the Spidermen. There used to be codes for these characters in the Hasbro toyline. Classic Wolverine is the only character from the Hasbro toyline that's not currently available. I think it's funny Classic Wolverine is Orange and Brown. I'd have thought the yellow and blue costume would be considered the classic one.
    Wolverine's first appearance was in 1974, he joined the X-men in 1975, and he first wore the brown costume in 1980. You're right if any costume should be called "classic" it should be this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WolverineHerbTrimpe.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	105886

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

The brown and tan costume was used through 1980 to 1991. The 80s was the height of the X-men popularity in the comics. It lead to the animated TV show in '92. The 80s sealed Wolverine as the major fanboy favorite that he is today during the darker anti-hero modern age of comic books kicking off in the 80s. Classic doesnt just mean oldest.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Exactly. I can see why the Brown/Tan would get the "Classic" moniker.

Just like Blue-Furred Speedo Sportin' Apeman Beast is often referred to as Classic Beast.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Wolverine's first appearance was in 1974, he joined the X-men in 1975, and he first wore the brown costume in 1980. You're right if any costume should be called "classic" it should be this one:

Name:	WolverineHerbTrimpe.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	105886
    wow! the costume is basicly the same, except for the mask...
    squad name: Winter Wraith (1484)/Gargoyle Wraith (777)
    CBOX ID: Tina
    marvel heroes: winterwraith
    signature hero: tigra

Woo-Hoo

Name:	iJFBS.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	105901

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

Woo-Hoo

Not as impressive as Juggler's 1400+, but I just joined the 1,100 Club! That's got to put me in the top 1% of players, right? I thought it was a lot harder to get to 1,100 than it was to get to 1,000 (no challenge heroes, no silver heroes).

Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

Woo-Hoo

Congratulations Juggler Emperor.
    SHSO Name: Lieutenant Fighting Bear
    Level: 2002
    Signature Hero(es): Thor and Captain America

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Cool! In case anyone is interested this is the song I submitted:

The X-mas Song

Havok cooking with his plasma blasts,
    Iceman nipping at your nose,
    Yuletide carols being sung by Ms. Dazzler,
    X-folks dressed up like superheroes.

Everybody knows the blackbird is under the pool
    and Jubilee's lights are oh so bright.
    little x-babies with their eyes all aglow,
    will escape the mojoverse tonight.

They know that Magneto is on his way;
    he's brought The Brotherhood to come and play.
    Every Xavier's student is going to spy,
    to see if Hope really is the Messiah

And so I'm offering this simple tune,
    to x-men from Cyclops to the Stepford Cuckoos,
    although you've been hated and also been feared,
    Merry X-mas to you.

I know I jumped around in the continuity quite a bit, but really the whole song was just the setup for the last line.
    Well done, sir. I dig the libretto. :)
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

I've got to say that I agree with some of the other folks responding to your posts.

Your argument is that "This game is marketed at kids and therefore the stuff should be attainable by kids." Well, currently Arctic Iron Man and Armored Spider-Man are NOT attainable in any reasonable way by kids. IF you can even find a copy on Ebay they go for $50-$150. Most kids can't or won't plunk down that kind of money for a hero (and they shouldn't!). But what is being explained to you is that by making the heroes available for a ton of silver - say, 250,000 silver, it makes it POSSIBLE for all players to get these heroes. Will it be EASY? No, not necessarily but I think you'd agree that it would be EASIER than it is now. I know I myself have purchased four boxes of SHSO cards at an approximate retail total of $400 and I haven't gotten a single loot hero!

Not sure why your daughter and you wouldn't have accumulated a boatload of silver over the course of the last year unless you're just not logging in every day and playing the game. I know I also play SHSO with my five year old son. We've been playing since about May 2012 and we followed a similar path to MPG - waited two months to become a member. Just spinning the wheel every day trying to get that one slice of gold gave me enough silver that I was able to purchase just about every silver hero instantly when I became a member.

So now what good is silver to me? I literally own everything in the game that you can get with silver (heroes, missions, 4 copies of every Unleashed card, questions, HQ stuff, goodies...). I spend thousands of silver just buying extra tickets for the prize wheel. What that does is really devalues silver for me but I still get it every time I go on a mission, play a card game, spin the wheel, or even collect 10 stars! But if I had a target - say, buying Arctic Iron Man for a million silver - I'd be saving that silver like a fiend!

Do you understand how having ultra-expensive chase characters would benefit everyone in the game - including your five year old son? Oh, and watch your language. There are kids on these message boards! =)
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?