Page 387 of 669 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 10025

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Masked Badger View Post
    skip the game booster bs. Just hit the Download Game Files button on the main screen to the http://www.heroup.com - sometimes not all the files get installed right. It's right below the big Play Now button.
    Also, make sure you have the most current version of the Unity web player. I find the game to be much more stable when I use the current version.
    http://unity3d.com/webplayer/

Love the way they did Tigra, even if some of her moves are recycled her combo and some power attacks are unique which makes her feel fresh, wish I could say the same about Moon Knight, but still this makes me want to have some West Coast Avengers themed missions.
    “Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.”
    SHSO Username: Dream Guard
    Marvel Heroes: Beta Tester
    MAA Status: Pending

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    I'm hearing it as "Pounce-a-rific" personally.
    That's what I hear too. I am annoyed that I can't seem to understand half of what she is saying with that silly accent they gave her.
    Comic fan and hopeful author.

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

I can understand her fine, though I'm not sure what the accent is meant to be for. Greer Grant is from Chicago, based on her origin. No history of heritage to warrant the accent. Seems rather random.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

The Ninja Hydra

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Tornado Mariner View Post
    What she actually says in her Hero Up is "Pounce-rific" or "Pounce Terrific" I haven't figured it out yet but I know it is one of those two phrases or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Do you download all the game files from the homepage prior to playing?
    I'm hearing it as "Pounce-a-rific" personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    That's what I hear too. I am annoyed that I can't seem to understand half of what she is saying with that silly accent they gave her.
    That seems to make a LOT more sense to me. Thanks guys.

The Ninja Hydra

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Does anyone find that this game crashes a ton? We've tried running it in Chrome and Firefox and it seems like it crashes on my little guy a couple times a day. Any tips for minimizing crashes?
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardhorne View Post
    IOBit makes a utility called Game Booster. It essentially stops all processes not essential for gaming. It seems to have helped my slower pc in the past. However with this latest update I am crashing pretty regularly on my best pc. Anyway give it a try.

On the IOBit website they now link to a beta version of a different application which I guess will be the next Game Booster. I went ahead and found a link to latest non beta version as I know how it works and feel more comfortable recommending it.

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booste...-10913645.html

Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Also, make sure you have the most current version of the Unity web player. I find the game to be much more stable when I use the current version.
    http://unity3d.com/webplayer/
    I didn't offer advice on loading the game because that's not typically the complaint we hear when there are loading issues. That complaint is along the lines of "why is game still loading once I'm in it?". Nonetheless it can't hurt. Below is the summary I wrote for someone else having problems. By the way, stick with Firefox, Chrome is still on the bug list as not being dependable.

Game Loading / Cache Cleaning and Installing Unity Player
    First go through that process of deleting everything via the Unity Player website. Reinstall the Unity Player. Redownload the entire game. Then for a few times hit the download game button before you hit the play now button. You sometimes have to hit download game button 4 or 5 times. Essentially keep hitting it till it no longer downloads any files and blue bar goes by pretty quick and says "Ready to Play". My main pc everything is fine on. My second pc I still have to download the game and still have to wait for it to load. Eventually it all gets squared away.

In my experience crashes are from a memory leak and this game clearly has one. I mean if you leave your character afk for an hour the game will crash. So there are some inherent stability problems. That's why the Game Booster app will buy you more time between those crashes.

If you are now competely confused lemme know and I'll rewrite the instructions in more detail.

Eddie
    Last edited by edwardhorne; 11-16-2012 at 12:37 AM.

SHSO Squad Level: 1861 MissPlanetaryGirl's Avatar

I can understand her fine, though I'm not sure what the accent is meant to be for. Greer Grant is from Chicago, based on her origin. No history of heritage to warrant the accent. Seems rather random.
    I think they were thinking cat rather than character. Cat-like... Sexy? Accents are sexy? Idk...
    In fearful day, in raging night. With strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars– For hope burns bright!

Most of my crashes are because I'm playing and I want to do something else with my computer, like play a video or open another program.

I love the way Tigra fights, so fierce. And you can move at the end of some missions while the boss is down, right, Mags?

SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1719] / Lance Mariner[980]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Badges, Badges Badges!!!

It's Eartha Kitt-esque.

new code for free iceman but only on new accounts.

MJR12

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

gah, screw new accounts, give something for everyone!

Thanks for the help. I only downloaded the game files the first time we played, and it seems like it would try to download the updates while he was playing and that would lead to crashes. I'll make sure i manually download the files each time and hopefully that will help.

The Ninja Hydra

Quote Originally Posted by MissPlanetaryGirl View Post
    I think they were thinking cat rather than character. Cat-like... Sexy? Accents are sexy? Idk...
    I think they made the poor woman recording the voice put in fake cat teeth when they recorded her.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    Most of my crashes are because I'm playing and I want to do something else with my computer, like play a video or open another program.
    /nod

I'm sure there's a way we could tune the browser and the memory the system allots it to prevent crashes. I'm not that motivated though.
    Last edited by edwardhorne; 11-16-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    It's Eartha Kitt-esque.
    It does sound like Eartha Kitt. Maybe they are making a cat-woman joke. (for those of you too young to know, Eartha Kitt was one of the 3 women who played Catwoman on the old 70's Batman TV series and movie (along with Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether).
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Quote Originally Posted by badsaj View Post
    It does sound like Eartha Kitt. Maybe they are making a cat-woman joke. (for those of you too young to know, Eartha Kitt was one of the 3 women who played Catwoman on the old 70's Batman TV series and movie (along with Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether).
    Actually it was in the 60's. (I take my Batman very seriously, lol) I really hope it is a reference to Eartha Kitt, since it's nice when Marvel does non-mean spirited references to DC.