Page 1 of 669 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Default Hero Up! Super Hero Squad Online Discussion (Fantastic 4th)!!

Welcome to the Fantastic 4th (*Wink*) Officially Unofficial CBR Super Hero Squad Online Discussion thread.

I can't believe it, this is the 4th thread I've started dedicated to this game. That's 15,000+ posts that we've blown through in regard to this game since 5/3/2011. Which also means that the release of the Avengers movie will pretty much celebrate a year that we've all been here on CBR discussing the game. So this thread not only should celebrate the nostalgia of the previous year... but also look forward to what is coming the rest of the year and beyond.

Speaking of Nostalgia, I still miss our original home on the Marvel Universe subforum... but have grown comfortable with our "banishment" to the Games Forum. Also, I would like to thank Mods Tadhg and thwhtGuardian for putting up with us over this time. Especally with the massive swell in SHSO threads we had a while back. Thankfully that got under control. Clearly we just love discussing all aspects of the game. As scary as that is.

UPDATE - The Beast Is Back!

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I was just undergoing a lengthy secondary mutation which required a break from Super Hero Squad Online and now I have returned bright-eyed and bushy-tailed... wait, I've got a tail now? Oh my stars and garters. In addition to real life, I've also been busy Beta Testing Marvel Heroes. But I missed the casual fun of Super Hero Squad Online. So I figured I may as well return and get things updated for the upcoming New Year.

The biggest news from the game since my vacation was the fact that Gazillion retired 12 heroes from the store. 13 including the limited time availability of Werewolf By Night. While a couple of them have made limited reappearances in the store, there's no guarantee if and when we'll see all of them available again. So if you need/want them... best to jump when you see them. Because just like in the comics, you never know when a character will return from limbo!

We also saw the final group of Challenges released to allow us to unlock that final "Reward Hero", for me... Elektra. Some of these are very difficult to complete, unless you've bought every incarnation of Iron Man and Spider-Man available. So hopefully the community can help those of us, such as myself, who are behind on filling out their full rosters with every available character. I really don't want to spend all my gold right now on them. Heh. So advance thanks for that!

Currently Available Heroes:

Normal Gold Heroes: Angel (+1), Ant-Man (+0), Beast (+3), Black Cat (+1), Black Panther (+2), Avengers Black Widow (+2), Blade (+0), Captain America (+3), Bucky Cap (+2), Cable (+1), Captain Marvel (+2), Cyclops (+3), Classic Daredevil (+1), Doctor Strange (+2), Falcon (+1), Gambit (+1), Ghost Rider (+0), Giant Man (+2), Havok (+2), Hawkeye (+0), Hulk (+0), Red Hulk (+0), Human Torch (+1), Iceman (+1), Iron Man (+3), Avengers Iron Man (+3), Iron Man Mk II (+2), Jean Grey (+1), Phoenix (+1), Magneto (+2), Mister Fantastic (+3), Monkey King (+0), Moon Knight (+1), Morbius (+0), Ms. Marvel (+3), Nightcrawler (+2), Nova (+2), Psylocke (+1), Reptil (+1), Avenging Rogue (+1), Sasquatch (+1), She-Hulk (+1), Red She-Hulk (+0), Silver Surfer (+1), Dark Surfer (+0), Spider-Man (+3), Spider-Man: Ben Reilly (+2), Scarlet Spider-Man (+1), Spider-Man 2099 (+1), Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (+1), Storm (+2), Battle Armor Thor (+1), Tigra (+1), The Thing (+1), Vision (+1), Wolverine (+2), Avenging Wolverine (+2), Classic Wolverine (+1), Samurai Wolverine (+2)
    Agent Only: Black Widow (+2), Deadpool (+0), Guardian (+2), Avengers Hawkeye (+1), Indestructible Hulk (+1), Iron Man Mk I (+2), Hulkbuster Iron Man (+3), Iron Patriot (+1), Nick Fury (+2), Avengers Nick Fury (+2), Shadowcat (+2), Black Suit Spider-Man (+2), Tuxedo Thing (+1), Ultimate Thor (+1), War Machine (+2)
    Challenge Heroes: Colossus (+1), Daredevil (+1), Elektra (+0), Firestar (+0), Stealth Armor Iron Man (+3), Sentry (+1), Future Foundation Spider-Man (+3), Mohawk Storm (+0), Street Clothes Wolverine (+0)
    Upper Deck Card Game Heroes: Armored Spider-Man (+3), Arctic Armor Iron Man (+3)
    Retired Heroes: American Dream (+2), Captain America: Super Soldier (+3), Doctor Doom: Future Foundation (+2), Pure Elektra (+1), Emma Frost (+1), Gladiator Hulk (+0), Invisible Woman (+2), Luke Cage (+0), Spider-Girl (+1), Spider-Woman (+1), Classic Thor (+1), Thor (+1), Valkyrie (+1), Wasp (+2), Werewolf By Night (+1)
    Retiring Heroes: Avengers Captain America (+3), Astonishing Cyclops (+3), Hope Summers (+1), Avengers Hulk (+3), Punisher (+0), Rogue (+1), Scarlet Witch (+1), Avengers Thor (+3)
    Upcoming Playable Heroes:
    Goliath
    Arachne
    Wonder Man

Possible Upcoming Playable Heroes:

Phoenix [White Phoenix Of The Crown] (SHSO Card Game - Unknown Future Set)

Black Panther [Shuri] (Confirmed)
    Bishop (Confirmed)
    Commander Steve Rogers (Confirmed)
    Classic Falcon (Confirmed)
    Classic Ms. Marvel (Confirmed)
    Iron Spider-Man (Confirmed)
    Jubilee (Game Date Info?)
    King Thor (Confirmed)
    Mr. Fix-It (Confirmed)
    Professor X (Confirmed)
    Rescue (Confirmed)
    Squirrel Girl (Confirmed)

Marvel's Off Limits Characters:

Namor • Forge • Bishop • Cannonball • Justice • Danny Ketch Ghost Rider • Magma • Beta Ray Bill

Images from NYCC of some of the Above Characters. Thanks to Jimmy Gubitosi from Facebook:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO1.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO2.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO3.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO4.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO5.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO6.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...nter/SHSO7.png

Last edited by Beast; 03-01-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

The FOURTH thread! Well done, Beast!
    HeroUp.com: Squire Valiant Snail, level 3734/3767
    Fortress Of Solitude: ComicList

Here's to four more!
    Squad name: Steam Tiger
    Squad level: 303
    Signature hero: Ultimate Comics Spider-man
    Maxing/Leveling: Too many
    Squad Card: http://i.imgur.com/5rUMk.jpg

Thanks gang! I'm trying to decide if I should bother porting the list of available characters. Since it's kinda .... lengthy. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Thanks gang! I'm trying to decide if I should bother porting the list of available characters. Since it's kinda .... lengthy. Heh.
    Hmmm, it is big.

Gah! my first post on the 4th Thread :) This update is making me so hyped for the next year and the Avengers Movie! Which my Dad and I will be going to for his birthday! Hooray for the team!
    Dazzler-Jean Grey-Magik-Psylocke-Mockingbird-Emma Frost-Hawkeye-Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
    Gah! my first post on the 4th Thread :) This update is making me so hyped for the next year and the Avengers Movie! Which my Dad and I will be going to for his birthday! Hooray for the team!
    No doubt about it, the avengers will be awesome and hopefully not a movie where you see the trailer, and that means you have seen all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rh1006 View Post
    No doubt about it, the avengers will be awesome and hopefully not a movie where you see the trailer, and that means you have seen all of it.
    Well I think it will be good, I did see that Black Widow scene and.... yeah
    Dazzler-Jean Grey-Magik-Psylocke-Mockingbird-Emma Frost-Hawkeye-Storm

Jessica Drew The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Congrats Beast! All love! (I read every post on all 3 threads....I need help)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Congrats Beast! All love! (I read every post on all 3 threads....I need help)
    Admitting your problem is the first step to re cooperation.

Does anyone know what these cubes actually do?
    Super Hero Squad Online Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Squad Level: 1060
    Trying to Max: Shadowcat(B), Black Widow(B), QuickSilver
    Deviantart: Here

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Traveler Seamstress View Post
    Does anyone know what these cubes actually do?
    Looks to be just a "Pet" type of thing. Like the pets in World of Warcraft and such.

Uh, I have two cubes now, and I didn't even do the mini-mission again.
    EDIT: Its fine now. I have just the one.
    Last edited by rh1006; 04-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Hey True Believers! Congrats on the 4th thread! So many posts...I blame, you guessed it, the BILLIONS of requests for Warpath.

Last one, I swear on a stack of Billy Zabka's autobiographies.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Congrats on the 4th thread Beast! Anyway this update and future characters are making me try to persuade my Mom to get me a membership! And Mason I'm with you, I think I too have a problem which might need a bit of therapy, shall I make an appointment for the two of us on say the 31st of Apruary. Woohoo my first post on the 4th thread, sweet.
    Last edited by Wolverine63; 04-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Squad Name: Raiding Axe
    Squad Level: 1290
    Signature Heroes: All Wolverines
    CBR Team Council