View Poll Results: What did you think of the issue?

Voters
70. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great

9 12.86%
  • Good

24 34.29%
  • Okay

13 18.57%
  • Lacking

12 17.14%
  • Terrible

12 17.14%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    What makes you think that would slow down the PF?
    If it does, awesome. If it doesn't, puts Earth out of immediate scorching reach, plan for round 2, which is apparently figuring out how to convince the host to commit suicide. Worked the first time, anyway.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    Note to Marvel:

Just give Cage and Jessica their own book already!
    And with any luck it will take them out of the Avengers and into a solo title that will get canceled before the final issue of the first arc hits the stands.

Did we really need this Luke/Jessica domestic drama to dominate again? *Yawn* Totally a filler issue.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-12-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

IMO, It was fine there will be plenty of punching to come besides Iron Fist takes center stage next issue. RULK was fun with the pep talks.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    If it does, awesome. If it doesn't, puts Earth out of immediate scorching reach, plan for round 2, which is apparently figuring out how to convince the host to commit suicide. Worked the first time, anyway.

since is scorching planets without a host, what could would having the host commit suicide do? (since it's energy and cannot be destroyed)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe6 View Post
    since is scorching planets without a host, what could would having the host commit suicide do? (since it's energy and cannot be destroyed)
    It will go away for a while.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe6 View Post
    Temporarily takes care of the problem, apparently. I'm just going how they got rid of Phoenix the first time.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Go away why? Their whole argument for being alarmed bc its destroying planets on its path to get to its host. Why would they assume it would simply go away and not destroy Earth on its way out? Their plan is so screwed up and they should just let it bond with Hope instead of pissing it off

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Go away why? Their whole argument for being alarmed bc its destroying planets on its path to get to its host. Why would they assume it would simply go away and not destroy Earth on its way out? Their plan is so screwed up and they should just let it bond with Hope instead of pissing it off
    Or possibly having her sent into space to meet the Phoenix on its way here? That way she could go all cosmic away from Earth and might just leave it alone afterwards and heading off into space? Don't piss it off, serve it Hope on a silver platter before it ever gets to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're missing a couple of steps. In order for the going away thing, you have to let it first bond with Hope. Then convince Hope it's in the best interests of everyone to step in front of laser blast that was going to hit Cyclops. Like in Dark Phoenix Saga.

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Before or after it eats the sun? If before why?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    Or possibly having her sent into space to meet the Phoenix on its way here? That way she could go all cosmic away from Earth and might just leave it alone afterwards and heading off into space? Don't piss it off, serve it Hope on a silver platter before it ever gets to Earth.
    So instead of Pissing of the Pf you piss off, and on, the person that will be controlling that power?

Killing folks that try to kill you is perfectly acceptable so the Avengers would be fair game if she is only a touch angry, if she is enraged at that the earth would be toasted.

Rereading that Avenger tie-in, I'm left wanting.
    Yes. It was alright seeing some insight into the mindscape that is the Avengers while Rogers is making demands of Summers, and yes, I have to appreciate Storm dropping the G-bomb (Goddess) in the middle of a conference but I wish THAT scene would have gone just a little further.

In a perfect world (which will never happen) Cap would have dropped the P word (Phoenix) and Storm woulda reached into her bathing suit of a uniform, dug out her Avenger ID card and chucked that garbage onto the conference table, spun a 180 -- whipping her impossibly long, vidal sassoon, platinum locks into her Halloween Costumed Whosbund's face, and then thrown up a dismissing hand as she sashays away and says "Out."

THEN, Cap woulda chided his SLAVE, aka Wakandan "friend", for trying to stop her with his snide "She knows where she needs to be" BS comment and then Luke Cage would picked up on those clearly racist undertones, handed his baby off to his black-disco-stick-loving-horse-mouthed-wife and backhanded that Star Spangled DEEVA into the wall, scooped his baby up in one arm, thrown his "My-parents-are-so-mad-I-married-a-black-dude-I'm-so-rebellious" wife over his shoulder and WALKED OUT too.

Yes. Please.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

You're missing a couple of steps. In order for the going away thing, you have to let it first bond with Hope. Then convince Hope it's in the best interests of everyone to step in front of laser blast that was going to hit Cyclops. Like in Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Once it's bonded with Hope, what makes you think that she'll retain any type of control over the Phoenix? Very few of it's hosts have. Also, killing the host hasn't always made the Force go away. The events of the DPS are vastly different from what is happening in AvX.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

I think exile IS the Avengers "Plan B".

"Plan A" seems to be the Thor led suicide mission (which even Cap doesn't expect to work).

If Hope is gonna be a creator/destroyer goddess, the Avengers would prefer that it happen as far from Earth as possible.

Nobody has taked about Hope dying yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    Any plan that Steve has that doesn't take Hope into space defeats his point. Using some type of portal that takes her off world means the PF will come to earth and find the portal to still go after Hope. Him saying off the planet sounds like putting her on a ship and sending her some where far away from the earth.
    To have any appreciable effect it would have to be light years away from Earth. That is IF it's coming only becasue of Hope