View Poll Results: What did you think of the issue?

Voters
70. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great

9 12.86%
  • Good

24 34.29%
  • Okay

13 18.57%
  • Lacking

12 17.14%
  • Terrible

12 17.14%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    people would do well to ignore solicits. remember when two avengers were supposed to take their relationship to the next level? yeah, i guess that happened off panel.
    Either that, or Bendis doesn't have faith in the issues he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    All the previews are making it look like Wolverine will change sides at some point. He is taking on Cap in a issue.
    Wolverine does take on Cap in issue #3...but that doesn't necessarily mean that Wolverine is going to choose/pick a side. I think that Wolverine and Cap's fight happens because someone sent Avengers (Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and I can't remember the others) to spy on the Jean Grey School to make sure they don't get involved. I think that's what causes the fight, until Wolverine figures out that it wasn't Cap who made the call. Wolverine's never been the type of character to just choose sides just because of loyalty. He's going to do whatever he thinks is right. If he thinks that Hope's too dangerous, then he's going to do what he has to do to save people. If there's another option, then he'll go with that.
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

san francisco - the free range twink farm

A gutbusting COMEDY issue, I loved it.

Luke Cage: "Come home, Jessica poo, I miss u! SOB! <sniffle>" to the TMZ camera was the most brutal one-panel character deconstruction, ever.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

where is Majinow? someone has to call Cage a damn fool.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Reread it and just notice how everyone has 6 pack abs just threatening to burst through their shirts - including the Thing. I wonder what ab workout he's been doing to carve that orange rocky skin into a 6 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    Hmmm, with Bendis leaving, does anyone else think New Avengers may end along with his run?

- I can't see Cage leaving his family for the Avengers.
    - I can't see Wolverine with the Avengers (if he sides with the X-Men)
    - Ben could decide to leave and focus on the FF and his family.
    - Doctor Strange and Iron Fist are both members of the Defenders.

If Cage leaves, I just don't see it sticking together. I hope he makes the right choice and goes with Jessica.
    So is Namor. The Defenders are now facing off against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I hope Jessica learns from this story that she should stay.

And frankly, walking across the street is more dangerous than being an Avenger.
    I'm more inclined to think Jessica saw her decision to stay at Skrull Avengers Tower and Avengers Mansion (attacked by Nazi Mecha) as a mistake. This is the moment when an Avengers mother says, "I can't keep my baby in a place where Galactus likes to start eating his entree". The allegory Jessica makes is just as inappropriate ("People die fighting various colored Hulks every day"), but the message is important. You can't put children in the line of fire, so she is taking Danielle away from the Avengers.

Two women walked away from the Avengers during that meeting with Cap. Storm walked away and Jessica walked away, and both for two different reasons. Storm, because she needs to be with her own as far away as Utopia, and Jessica, because her own needs to be as far away from Avengers Mansion as possible. Also, on Utopia, there are kids, too, if Danny Rand is to be believed, so this is not a mutant versus super powers war, but also, what are they going to do with the kids, war. Hope is a kid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    Any plan that Steve has that doesn't take Hope into space defeats his point. Using some type of portal that takes her off world means the PF will come to earth and find the portal to still go after Hope. Him saying off the planet sounds like putting her on a ship and sending her some where far away from the earth.
    Either way, if the Phoenix Force doesn't find Hope it will roast the planet looking. That is what I think Scott is afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Glad I didn't spend my money on it. It sounds like the only new bit of story contributed by this issue is the will-she-or-won't-she about Jessica Jones.

I think New Avengers may be about to fold. It seems to me that only Bendis thinks it's still important, plus most of its members have other groups now. The post-AvX finale will probably show it peacefully disbanding.
    It does seem to portend a disintegration of the NA when the heart and soul of the team leaves with the baby. It will be a sad goodbye if it does. (And Victoria Hand will be out of a job).

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I often don't read Avengers comics, but I picked this one up due to the AvX tie-in. Do female characters do anything significant compared to the male characters in Avengers comics? I don't mean to sound snarky at all. Every time I pick up an Avengers book, the female characters feel very secondary. Even Jessica Jones felt secondary to Luke Cage in this. It is feels like it is more his story.
    If it is his story, he has to take second fiddle to his wife when she makes the law. That's what I like about this story of Luke and Jessica. Luke was this all mean street thug, who never had to answer to nobody or no one. Then along comes this little bitty white girl, and the Thug just melts. Not because she is a match for him, but because she brings out a lighter side to his aggression, and you see his aggression in his eyes in this story. Luke shoots the evil eye on Jessica with this stuff about leaving the Avengers, and Luke is like a little boy who wants his toy back. As mean and violent Luke Cage is, he is tissue paper around his family.

By the way, whose the girl between Panther and Storm?
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-13-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post

That said, a common complaint at New Avengers is that the female characters are underused. Mockingbird recently got a Cap-style upgrade but seldom gets to show her chops; Ms. Marvel, who could be running her own team, winds up as emotional support more often than physical. Victoria Hand was interesting in the sense of having ill-defined loyalties, but that's settled so she's probably going to be bland from here on out.
    Ms Marvel isn't there at the attack on Utopia. Maybe she went with Thor into outer space to try and absorb the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    This was an awesome issue, loved the focus on Luke Cage and jessica going into this, it really made the event feel like a big deal because you get to see the consequences of what
    happens while being a superhero, and not just the road on being a superhero itself.
    That whole thing of Logan and Cage dropping down onto the X-Men adds so many tears of layering. Cage could be severely beaten when confronting super heroes. And I can't imagine Logan beating on the X-Men, no matter what he told Steve Rogers. The moment he attacks his own, it becomes way more than just Schism. It becomes traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

this was a pretty good tie in to the main story line, as we get to fill in some gaps. Liked how Rulk was using his military experience to lead the Avengers.
    Rogers is using the Rulk like Osborn was using Ares. Is that a premonition I'm feeling?
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-13-2012 at 12:18 AM.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    I don't see them folding a book that sells as well as it does.
    Change of line up? Sure. But they won't fold the book
    They folded the Dark Avengers, and that was THE best selling book (at the time) for Marvel... if the concept runs its course...
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

One tremendously weird thing in this issue was a statement made by Cap. Is the one where he says that the mutants think the PF is something good but he isnt going to take a gamble with that and he hopes "logic" prevails when talking to them. Why was that weird? Because he is calling upon logic to prevail yet he started this line of thought by saying that he isnt going to take in the advice of the people that have dealt with this several times already. To me that statement really read like, " The mutants think the PF is something good but i dont care what they think. Those mofos better listen to my orders!"

Isnt Cap supposed to be some sort of kick ass strategist? The dude seems to have made up his mind without even getting a full set of info on this. To me that didnt read like Captain America.
    There seriously needs to be a book where Scott tells Rogers to his face, that Rogers taking Hope is causing the destruction of Earth. I want that conversation, because it either convinces Cap he is wrong, or, causes Cap to further increase his dislike of Scott for being crazy. It made a good confrontation when Cap and Iron Man confronted in CW #3. I think the same confrontation needs to be repeated in AvX. That first one in AvX # 1 doesn't count, because they never really talked. They just spat at each other. When leveler heads prevail, maybe they can say what they really feel.

SHIELD with Stark sent him to space, the Illuminati just agreed to it.
    Dont paint it like it was all them.
    Thanks for reminding me of SHIELDS complicity in the Hulk in Space thing. I always took it that Iron Man just used SHIELD in his plan, but yes, Maria Hill would have her finger prints all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    Wolverine does take on Cap in issue #3...but that doesn't necessarily mean that Wolverine is going to choose/pick a side. I think that Wolverine and Cap's fight happens because someone sent Avengers (Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and I can't remember the others) to spy on the Jean Grey School to make sure they don't get involved. I think that's what causes the fight, until Wolverine figures out that it wasn't Cap who made the call. Wolverine's never been the type of character to just choose sides just because of loyalty. He's going to do whatever he thinks is right. If he thinks that Hope's too dangerous, then he's going to do what he has to do to save people. If there's another option, then he'll go with that.
    But how does Logan do this with fighting other X-Men? It's insane!
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-13-2012 at 12:42 AM.

I've never felt more ripped off spending money on a comic book.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    I've never felt more ripped off spending money on a comic book.
    I have - the last X23 issue was more of a rip-off to me at least.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

One tremendously weird thing in this issue was a statement made by Cap. Is the one where he says that the mutants think the PF is something good but he isnt going to take a gamble with that and he hopes "logic" prevails when talking to them. Why was that weird? Because he is calling upon logic to prevail yet he started this line of thought by saying that he isnt going to take in the advice of the people that have dealt with this several times already. To me that statement really read like, " The mutants think the PF is something good but i dont care what they think. Those mofos better listen to my orders!"
    That's the thing though, the X-Men dealing with the Phoenix Force before doesn't necessarily mean they know why it's coming back. It's an unpredictable force of cosmic rebirth (through destruction sometimes) so Cap is right to be concerned. Cyke is going on a hunch basically, while Cap is taking a "better safe than sorry" approach. The fact it's wiping out planets along the way doesn't exactly help the X-Men's case.

I suppose the "logic" Cap mentioned was referring to the precautions being taken just in case the Phoenix is coming to wipe the Earth clean.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    A gutbusting COMEDY issue, I loved it.

Luke Cage: "Come home, Jessica poo, I miss u! SOB! <sniffle>" to the TMZ camera was the most brutal one-panel character deconstruction, ever.
    Yeah. Bendis loves Luke Cage? That kind of love NOBODY needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That's the thing though, the X-Men dealing with the Phoenix Force before doesn't necessarily mean they know why it's coming back. It's an unpredictable force of cosmic rebirth (through destruction sometimes) so Cap is right to be concerned. Cyke is going on a hunch basically, while Cap is taking a "better safe than sorry" approach. The fact it's wiping out planets along the way doesn't exactly help the X-Men's case.

I suppose the "logic" Cap mentioned was referring to the precautions being taken just in case the Phoenix is coming to wipe the Earth clean.
    I'm not saying that the X-men know exactly what is going to happen but they have dealt with it before and have some experience so if Cap is going to call upon logic the book should actually show this. Because the scene so far plays out like the dude saying that he is going to do what he thinks is best and that's it.

If Cap did say, " Let's go over to the X-men and discuss some precautions and hopefully they agree," like you said it would read better.

Why can't Luke just live with Jessica in a house only for their family, and get together with the Avengers just for business (missions, meetings, etc)? Better try that, than sleeping in different houses!

I've recently read the Immortal Iron Fist TPBs, and at the end of that, Danny's money is gone. But in recent Avengers and Defenders issues, he's been mentioned as a billionaire. Was it shown on-panel how he got his fortune back?