Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Captain Britain is a Secret Avenger, though I'm not sure if this has happened yet in that Book. And he was placed on the Space team so he may not really be aware of what was going to go down on Utopia. Also, Betsy made him killed his big bro, maybe he's unstable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post
    Brian was utterly confused by what a Phoenix is even during Excalibur's entire run.
    Good point. Then again, so was I. I like Rachel a lot, but at that point I was very lost regarding her, Phoenix, and the nature of her relationship with her mom. I have a hypothesis now, but Goddess knows if it's anything like what Marvel thinks happened.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Captain Britain is a Secret Avenger, though I'm not sure if this has happened yet in that Book. And he was placed on the Space team so he may not really be aware of what was going to go down on Utopia. Also, Betsy made him killed his big bro, maybe he's unstable right now.
    Didn't know about the Secret Avengers thing, thanks for enlightening me. :)

I do understand if he's still conflicted about Betsy making him kill Jamie....however, I don't remember a lot of fondness for Jamie from Brian's POV even before UXF. Betsy was the one who said she hero-worshipped him as a child; Brian was always just as happy to try and beat the snot out of him even before he became a cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs, speedo-wearing reality-warper. So I'm a little confused as to why he'd be so conflicted now. Guess it's that white-knight morality.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Good point. Then again, so was I. I like Rachel a lot, but at that point I was very lost regarding her, Phoenix, and the nature of her relationship with her mom. I have a hypothesis now, but Goddess knows if it's anything like what Marvel thinks happened.

Didn't know about the Secret Avengers thing, thanks for enlightening me. :)

I do understand if he's still conflicted about Betsy making him kill Jamie....however, I don't remember a lot of fondness for Jamie from Brian's POV even before UXF. Betsy was the one who said she hero-worshipped him as a child; Brian was always just as happy to try and beat the snot out of him even before he became a cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs, speedo-wearing reality-warper. So I'm a little confused as to why he'd be so conflicted now. Guess it's that white-knight morality.
    I don't try to understand the Braddock siblings relationship with each other. I think it's a complicated mess and that's that. Though Rememder seemed to imply in that flashback he was jealous of the attention Betsy got as a child and now he finally gets along with Jamie and they're totally fond of each other and Betsy takes that away. That's got to take some toll on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Storm should have had more to say. I blame Bendis. Nothing new there.

Side note: Since when was Captain Britain ever associated with the Avengers? He's been Excalibur's front man since its inception, around in every incarnation. An X-Man (albeit a dead one, but still) was the best man at his wedding. His wife's even been retconned into being a mutant. And oh yeah, there's the little matter of HIS SISTER ON THE X-MEN to consider. He's like...an X-Man by osmosis.

I could understand if he didn't feel comfortable going to Utopia after Cyclops basically went Magneto on the entire non-mutant population of Earth, but you'd think he'd have something to say on the matter.

Anything? Brian? Bee? A word? A facial expression?

I think it's a mannequin dressed up to look like him.
    Yeah. Captain britain should be siding X-Men
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

BANNED

When Rick Remender took over Secret Avengers he added Captain Britain to the roster, and occasionally adds Venom to the team. Remender also writes the current Venom book. So really, Remender is gobbling up certain characters he likes and just uses them in all his projects in a similar fashion to Quentin Tarantino using the same actors and actresses in all of his films. I doubt Remender's X-Force plot will be mentioned let alone play any part in this event. Also, Henry isn't a Secret Avenger anymore. He's just an part time Avenger/adviser, as far as I can tell. Henry hasn't been featured in any Avenger books out side on AvX and one single issue of Remender's Secret Avengers.

I don't try to understand the Braddock siblings relationship with each other. I think it's a complicated mess and that's that. Though Rememder seemed to imply in that flashback he was jealous of the attention Betsy got as a child and now he finally gets along with Jamie and they're totally fond of each other and Betsy takes that away. That's got to take some toll on him.
    You'd need to ask Darknessatnoon or another poster who read Excalibre back in the 80s. I remember from discussions on these boards that suggests both Jamie and Brian have a sexual fetish towards Betsy and there are a lot of incest subplots insinuated, in relation to Brian being prude and Jamie being a psychotic exhibitionist with reality warping powers.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    After the recent X-Force arc, I doubt it. Betsy chose Fantomex over her family and then mind-controlled her Brother to kill the other Brother. I think Captain Britain has had his fill of mutants. Heck, posters have even posted old scans from Excalibre that suggested that Meggan has to keep herself in certain sexually pleasing forms around Brian, otherwise he'd have ditched her for being unattractive in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Since He knows that the PF saved the omniverse that would be logical
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I think Cap is also written poorly as a leader here.

I hope Wolverine comes back to our side, the x-men.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!