Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Am I the only one who thought Luke Ross was taking over as regular artist? According to this article, he’s only doing #10-12. Does that mean Ribic will be coming back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie2434 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Luke Ross was taking over as regular artist? According to this article, he’s only doing #10-12. Does that mean Ribic will be coming back?
    Dunno. Hopefully Ribic stays. I don't see why people complain about the surprised expressions he draws. They look realistic.

That whole thing of pupils shrinking (when artists just draw a dot) when one is surprised is only a myth of cartoons. In real life eyes remain the same size, at most the pupils DILATE.
    Last edited by MrV; 04-12-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Just Endless

I feel like Marvel REALLY missed a major break by putting the Ultimate books at $4. Especially if they're putting a newcomer on one.

But really, I feel like if this change, or that of the UXM team has anything to do with poor sales, Marvel has no one to blame but themselves. I would love to follow the ultimate universe, especially a hickman-led UU, but the second a $4 stops satisfying me (art fill-in, low point), I tend to drop them for financial reasons. And with Marvel, it's gotten to the point where I don't even start, I just see that price point and sigh. And buy my delightful Daredevil, Winter Soldier, and F4, and never see any other part of the perhaps excellent line-up they have.
    Batman Inc.
    New/Uncanny/Young Avengers, Cap, Daredevil, FF, Hawkeye, Thor, Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, WatXM
    Saga, Unwritten

Trade waiting bro.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Direct quotes from New Ultimates:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My Father -an old man and a fool- sent me to Earth"

"[He] Kept me from Asgard"

-Thor
    I love that Loeb crowbarred in the "old man and a fool" line probably because he saw it in the trailers lol.

On Vacation

Last edited by sage6paths; 04-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.

On Vacation

BANNED

Eh... I don't like Ross, I prefer Ribic.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    They need Jean Grey (red hair of course) on the team to fly the non flyers around and communication/intel. Hope you're reading this Mr Humphries ;)

On Vacation

If anyone is wondering if Nick Fury can survive the fall. He can.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post

THat first panel would make for a perfect "watch out we got a badass over here" =P or rather "Bad mutha****a"

Fury still a badass wonder what Monica is thinking or saying.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Even giving away no spoilers it appears massive spoilers have been given away. The People don't look like they are going to disappear from the story any time soon, so it appears they will crush the Children's expeditionary force despite the preview that seemed to hint they may be in trouble. And as forthe Children, it appears that they will be around as well, which means the all the nukes of the US did not blast the City off the face of the map (hardly a surprise given what has occurred in the story, but still).