Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ah, I'm sorry. Got confused. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Ah, I'm sorry. Got confused. My apologies.
    Oh sorry, didn't mean to sound like an Ass.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.wonderful View Post
    Of course they didn't.

Because it didn't come out, yet.

Still, I'm intrigued on what Tim wants though.
    If the answer is sex, then tumblr will be very happy. I assume its just a polite chat, probably unrelated to NotO, what with Alfred supposedly asking Jason to come in.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    If the answer is sex, then tumblr will be very happy. I assume its just a polite chat, probably unrelated to NotO, what with Alfred supposedly asking Jason to come in.
    It took me a really long time to figure out why Tim would be propositioning Jason. *misses the obvious sometimes*

Is this issue out yet?

Yeah and I'm very happy with the Jason/Tim meeting. Lobdell manages to tie Outlaws and TT in an interesting way, and we get to see the two current outsiders of the Bat-family have a nice little moment where they've buried the hatchet some what. Also the whole thing with Suzie Su was great in showing how Jason's grown, but is still not anything like the rest of the Bat-family.

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    Yeah and I'm very happy with the Jason/Tim meeting. Lobdell manages to tie Outlaws and TT in an interesting way, and we get to see the two current outsiders of the Bat-family have a nice little moment where they've buried the hatchet some what. Also the whole thing with Suzie Su was great in showing how Jason's grown, but is still not anything like the rest of the Bat-family.
    Loved the Jason/Tim interaction and the fact that Jason isn't like the rest of the bat family. Also question how long has Victor had hair I thought he was bald?

So anyone knows what is on the second page of the preview?

I thought it was funny that they both compared Alfred's waffles to garbage. Usually fanon makes Alfred some kind of holy chef, and I liked seeing this bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason456701 View Post
    Also question how long has Victor had hair I thought he was bald?
    Because he got a redesign?

Not too shabby. A bit light. Definitely fun. I kind of like the idea of these three just mowing down average obstacles like a hospital full of hostages as a prologue to the real super-villainy.

Also I dig Tim and Jason here, which...look, I'll be honest...before the reboot I didn't really care for, like, or want Jason around. I started reading DC comics when Tim was Robin, Jason was the screw up who died, and that was that. When he was brought back, I shied away from him as much as I could, ignored BFtC, and have mostly been getting back into Batman by way of Morrison's work and the "Red Robin" series. Hyper-competent Mary Sue Tim is my favorite and Jason's only really appealed to me since he's been turned into a Nate Ford/Elliot Spencer/Charlie Crews hybrid. So maybe this scene is OOC and badly done and makes babies cry, I don't know.

All I know is that I like it a hell of a lot.

It was a great issue. The way Jason handled Suzie Su just shows how much Jason has already grown by just interacting with Roy and Starfire over the last several issues. Roy and Kori continue to grow on me and I loved Roy's banter with the gunmen. My favorite part though was the interaction between Tim and Jason. It was nice to see them being friendly toward each other despite their past differences and it made me wonder if they had a closer relationship in the past then they had previously. We still have very little information about Tim's backstory as yet. I was glad to see Tim asking Jason directly for his assistance in the Owl matter despite the fact that the others may not like that he did so and that Jason was willing to lend a hand if only because Tim was the one who asked. Outstanding issue all around.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

My favorite issue so far, i love how the trio is growing closer, and i fully appreciated the amount of character development Jason has undergone, and i like how he thinks and see himself and actions in retrospective while still keeping the things that make him different from the batfam. There were so many highlights in this issue i just can't pick one, i truly appreciated the chuckles the issue gave me, the court of owls is such a serious and doom scenario Mr Rockaford my hat of to you i am a fan for life.
    Last edited by Lucky_huh?; 04-18-2012 at 06:54 PM.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I thought it was funny that they both compared Alfred's waffles to garbage. Usually fanon makes Alfred some kind of holy chef, and I liked seeing this bit.
    Everyone knows that the only Batfamily member that can make good waffles is Steph, who's diet entirely consists of them.

Now my time of waiting for painfully slow snail mail delivered issue begins, and my leave of absence from the RHatO threads begins. *slashes wrists*
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Really loved this issue. Rocafort's and Blond's art is still awesome as usual. I really like the dynamic that Jason has established with Starfire and Arsenal. The scene with Tim was also well-done, I really like that Jason is no longer attacking the other Batfamily members and can be civil and occasionally ally himself with them.